Who is Going to Canberra Uni in 2012? (1 Viewer)

Chloe238

HSC
Re: Going to Canberra Uni next year?

Mine is the 23rd or the 22nd if I get this package but I dont think I'll bother because you have to pay for it and it includes events to get people to know each other but they are held at pubs and i'm turning 18 on the 28th so I missed out by a few day :p. So it is probs a waste of money.

What about you??

OOO and only 3 days until principles rec offers are released!

Skriker

HSC

Mine is the 23rd or the 22nd if I get this package but I dont think I'll bother because you have to pay for it and it includes events to get people to know each other but they are held at pubs and i'm turning 18 on the 28th so I missed out by a few day :p. So it is probs a waste of money.

What about you??

OOO and only 3 days until principles rec offers are released!
Ohh thats nice, we get a dinner in our courtyard and a think some event at some lighthouse place which holds a trivia night, thats soo unlucky :( I am turning 18 in 6 days woo! theres going too be so much drinking at O-week don't you think? haha, yeah better too save the money for when you actually can drink :p

we move in on the 29th except I have a wedding which I was invited too on the 28th which is in New Zealand and then heading back up too Aus on the 29th and then going to do a road trip down too Canberra so I will be extremely tired lol. :) are there any other dates which are allow you too move in later? since you can't make the events??

I know can't wait I am soo excited!! You feeling nervous? I think we would be fine if we put UC as first preference, I will definetaly post if I got accepted in the early entry thread I think you should too :D Since there about 3 people on this thread haha.

GOODLUCK :D

Chloe238

HSC

Ohh thats nice, we get a dinner in our courtyard and a think some event at some lighthouse place which holds a trivia night, thats soo unlucky :( I am turning 18 in 6 days woo! theres going too be so much drinking at O-week don't you think? haha, yeah better too save the money for when you actually can drink :p

we move in on the 29th except I have a wedding which I was invited too on the 28th which is in New Zealand and then heading back up too Aus on the 29th and then going to do a road trip down too Canberra so I will be extremely tired lol. :) are there any other dates which are allow you too move in later? since you can't make the events??

I know can't wait I am soo excited!! You feeling nervous? I think we would be fine if we put UC as first preference, I will definetaly post if I got accepted in the early entry thread I think you should too :D Since there about 3 people on this thread haha.

GOODLUCK :D
Oh happy birthday for 6 days :D Yea, if I get in I'm so excited for the first week. Just hope I meet people easily :D

Thats going to be a very rushed few days for you lol. Don't my last shift for work will be the day before move in day so I'll be working 12hrs just before the drive haha. Well you can move in at any date, but the 23rd is when you start paying for rent so it makes sense to move in then.

I'm soooooooooo nervous because if I don't get in via principles rec then I'm probs not going to uni.. fingers crossed!! I put it down as my first choice too and I triple checked my form to make sure I filled it out right lol. I'll post too, don't worry ;)

GOOD LUCK TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

NCB619

I Am The Chorus
HSC

howcome people say Globo is crap?
Because... not many people there do much. That's about it. I know a few people in Globo.. but not many.. and most of them are people I know from back home.

ohh right, I'm at Arscott, yeah heard globo doesn't really have a good rep :) from what I have heard.
Yeah... Arscott are... welll... they get up to a bit of mischief. This year, first day of stoneweek, they just decided to trash cars in the Uni Res carpark :\
But other than that sort of rep, they seem alright. The people I know there are alright.

Yes. Yes it would be :p

I was gonna go into more, but it won't let me quote everything.. haha.. so I'll try to mention them on here anyways

The Lighthouse is great. It's like a laidback pub. It was the only "pub/drinking place/I can't exactly remember what they called it" from the ACT to make the top 100 "pubs/drinking places/I can't exactly remember what they called them" in ZOO magazine earlier this year.

And O-Week... well, I'd say it's the second biggest week of the year, behind Stoneweek. I hope you are all prepared :p

If you can't move in til a bit later.. I'm sure if you ring up CLV, and let them know when you are gonna be there to move in, they'll be happy to help out. Too bad you still have to pay rent from day dot. And right up to the end of your contract. I still had to pay this week's rent, even though I went home for summer over the weekend.

Regarding this date of the 23rd for moving in.... I'm not sure. I actually forget when we can move in. I do remember though, we paid a fortnight's rent up-front before we moved in at the start of this year. I'm not sure how it goes this year. But, it says by the 15th, that this has to be done this year, so I'm guessing the same thing. And I'm also guessing you'd have more information on that.

Skriker

HSC

Because... not many people there do much. That's about it. I know a few people in Globo.. but not many.. and most of them are people I know from back home.

Yeah... Arscott are... welll... they get up to a bit of mischief. This year, first day of stoneweek, they just decided to trash cars in the Uni Res carpark :\
But other than that sort of rep, they seem alright. The people I know there are alright.

Yes. Yes it would be :p

I was gonna go into more, but it won't let me quote everything.. haha.. so I'll try to mention them on here anyways

The Lighthouse is great. It's like a laidback pub. It was the only "pub/drinking place/I can't exactly remember what they called it" from the ACT to make the top 100 "pubs/drinking places/I can't exactly remember what they called them" in ZOO magazine earlier this year.

And O-Week... well, I'd say it's the second biggest week of the year, behind Stoneweek. I hope you are all prepared :p

If you can't move in til a bit later.. I'm sure if you ring up CLV, and let them know when you are gonna be there to move in, they'll be happy to help out. Too bad you still have to pay rent from day dot. And right up to the end of your contract. I still had to pay this week's rent, even though I went home for summer over the weekend.

Regarding this date of the 23rd for moving in.... I'm not sure. I actually forget when we can move in. I do remember though, we paid a fortnight's rent up-front before we moved in at the start of this year. I'm not sure how it goes this year. But, it says by the 15th, that this has to be done this year, so I'm guessing the same thing. And I'm also guessing you'd have more information on that.
haha yeah, I heard about Arscott for having a rep, also its apparently a very short walk too the lighthouse, which would be really handy haha, when would you guys normally go too lighty? as they call it haha.

tell me more about O-week and stoneweek? I heard it was pretty much party, party, party, for most uni's haha any tips for that week? Do they have like an orientation thing for the newbies at UC?

Skriker

HSC

Oh happy birthday for 6 days :D Yea, if I get in I'm so excited for the first week. Just hope I meet people easily :D

Thats going to be a very rushed few days for you lol. Don't my last shift for work will be the day before move in day so I'll be working 12hrs just before the drive haha. Well you can move in at any date, but the 23rd is when you start paying for rent so it makes sense to move in then.

I'm soooooooooo nervous because if I don't get in via principles rec then I'm probs not going to uni.. fingers crossed!! I put it down as my first choice too and I triple checked my form to make sure I filled it out right lol. I'll post too, don't worry ;)

GOOD LUCK TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
THANKS :D yeah I am sure we will be fine as long as we put UC as our first preference first I am kind of nervous as well! I will pray for you :D haha oh and don't offers come out on the 8th?? I thought? :)

NCB619

I Am The Chorus
HSC

haha yeah, I heard about Arscott for having a rep, also its apparently a very short walk too the lighthouse, which would be really handy haha, when would you guys normally go too lighty? as they call it haha.

tell me more about O-week and stoneweek? I heard it was pretty much party, party, party, for most uni's haha any tips for that week? Do they have like an orientation thing for the newbies at UC?
Yeah, it's not very far from the lighty. But really. It's only like... an extra minute or two walk from where I am. Here is a picture I've made for your benefits on the location of each place. I've circled each location in their respective colours (See Res Sport and Stoneweek attire):
UV: Yellow
Arscott: Blue
New Res: Black
Old Res: Red
International House: Green
Globo: Purple

Wednesday night is Lighty night, $3.05 spirits :D

O-Week, for me at least, from what I can actually remember of it (maybe that's a sign)... yes pretty much party party party. Monday was a traffic light party at the lighty. Tuesday was a trivia night at the Refec. Wednesday night... 'beach' party at the lighty. Thursday we went out to Civic.. and I think Friday we just had like a BBQ for our res. And I don't remember a thing from the weekend. During O-Week, all the different res' have their own orientation thingy. Ours was on Wednesday night before we went to the Lighty.

Stoneweek.. is even better, although this year it was dampened by the shittening of the actual StoneFest concert, but nonetheless.. awesome week. Too bad that being from Arscott, you won't be on The Tour ;)

EDIT: I.. uh... forgot to put the picture up. Here it is:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/clv.png/

Last edited:

Skriker

HSC

Yeah, it's not very far from the lighty. But really. It's only like... an extra minute or two walk from where I am. Here is a picture I've made for your benefits on the location of each place. I've circled each location in their respective colours (See Res Sport and Stoneweek attire):
UV: Yellow
Arscott: Blue
New Res: Black
Old Res: Red
International House: Green
Globo: Purple

Wednesday night is Lighty night, $3.05 spirits :D

O-Week, for me at least, from what I can actually remember of it (maybe that's a sign)... yes pretty much party party party. Monday was a traffic light party at the lighty. Tuesday was a trivia night at the Refec. Wednesday night... 'beach' party at the lighty. Thursday we went out to Civic.. and I think Friday we just had like a BBQ for our res. And I don't remember a thing from the weekend. During O-Week, all the different res' have their own orientation thingy. Ours was on Wednesday night before we went to the Lighty.

Stoneweek.. is even better, although this year it was dampened by the shittening of the actual StoneFest concert, but nonetheless.. awesome week. Too bad that being from Arscott, you won't be on The Tour ;)

EDIT: I.. uh... forgot to put the picture up. Here it is:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/clv.png/
Thanks for all that info :) it seems like a jam packed week full of fun haha, WOAH $3 spirits soo damn cheap! haha what are kind of activities are there during the day time?? Yeah also heard stoneweek plays heaps of bands and that even ANU studnets even come down too UC for it? haha I think Arscott has the own BBQ dinner or something when I was stalking them on FB too meet and greet others or something, ugh only 1 day until the offers come out sooo nervous! :D

What course are you doing btw? :)

NCB619

I Am The Chorus
HSC

Thanks for all that info :) it seems like a jam packed week full of fun haha, WOAH $3 spirits soo damn cheap! haha what are kind of activities are there during the day time?? Yeah also heard stoneweek plays heaps of bands and that even ANU studnets even come down too UC for it? haha I think Arscott has the own BBQ dinner or something when I was stalking them on FB too meet and greet others or something, ugh only 1 day until the offers come out sooo nervous! :D

What course are you doing btw? :)
Yeah, Lighty nights with that are pretty fun.
Stoneweek is.. basically a week of drinking and stuff, each of the res' do their own sorta thing, so Arscott probably do have their own BBQ dinner or something at some stage. The only 'uni wide' sort of things I can remember are... Tuesday night is trivia night, much like o-week. Wednesday is lighty, and UCToberfest. Thursday and Friday I don't really remember... lol. And Saturday is the actual concert thing. But this year it got dumbed down to basically just DJs playing in the refec, instead of the full blown concert sort of thing like Groovin' the Moo.
I'm doing Sports Media.. so basically journalism lol

Chloe238

HSC

Wait so am I going to be 18 for O-Week? hahaha I don't wanna miss out

Thanks heaps for the information as well :) all really helpful!!

And yes they come out tomorrow at 9am so be ready ;)

Last edited:

Fusilli_Jerry

HSC

Do you know if we find out by text message, email or do they call? Would be really good knowing that next weeks results are meaningless if we get in

NCB619

I Am The Chorus
HSC

Wait so am I going to be 18 for O-Week? hahaha I don't wanna miss out

Thanks heaps for the information as well :) all really helpful!!

And yes they come out tomorrow at 9am so be ready ;)
30 January - 3 February is the Monday-Friday of O-Week. And, as far as I recall, first year contracts usually start on that Monday, but they offer a 'Fresher's Package' which is a couple hundred dollars for a goodies pack (I didn't get it, so don't ask me what's in it), and early arrival for the weekend, and a few other activities and stuff for the weekend. You'll get an email from CLV about it.

Chloe238

HSC

Do you know if we find out by text message, email or do they call? Would be really good knowing that next weeks results are meaningless if we get in
If you mean for tomorrow? You go on to UAC .. this is the link for viewing your offers http://www5.uac.edu.au/offers/ug_offers.tcl??id=1323259111084
Letters also get sent out on friday if you don't check online and I'm not 100% sure, but I think we also get an email

Fusilli_Jerry

HSC

Thanks. Yeah i did mean for tomorrow. Ill keep looking throughout the day. Either post here or on one of the other pages how everyone goes tomorrow.

Fusilli_Jerry

HSC

Same. What course did you get accepted for? So good knowing earlier. Now just organise getting down there haha.

Chloe238

HSC

I got into B of Education/B of Arts. What about yourself? I know it takes off so much pressure!!

I have to leave my dogs behind :(

Also, have you tried to accept your offer?

Fusilli_Jerry

HSC

I got into Sports Media. Kind of makes you wonder what was the point in putting all of that time and effort into studying for exams, but oh well, at least its all over.

Haha, don't care about the family? Im going to miss foxtel the most ....

No i have not yet. Ill wait till tonight. Is there a date we have to have it done by?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)