Who is going to vote liberal? (1 Viewer)

volition

arr.
HSC
Centrebet:
Labor $1.31
Coalition $3.50

Which is roughly a 70%-30% split. Coalitions gonna get 0wned. lulz

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
30% chance is a lot higher than what the polling would indicate.

Mevelyn2551

HSC
Schroedinger said:
Um Leadership is a shitload about Economic Management.

Wow awesome AWA straw man, I'm sure that guy could have found a job where he could get better pay, wait, like I did. Fuck working retail, expand your skillset and start your own business, or something.

We're not limited to working under faceless corporations. Good straw man.

If you're going to lead this country you need a strong and guaranteed economic plan.

Alls I'm saying is I sure as shitting wouldn't trust Wayne Swan a man who can barely regulate his own breathing, that wants to regulate our economy?
Err... I did not say there was not a shitload of economic management in leadership. There is, and thats a fact. But the government has other duties as well. The Terrorism Laws were not economic management. Neither is mandatory detention for illegal immigrants. And last time I checked, going to war is not economic management (unless we get some of that sweet sweet oil).

Congratulations on finding a better job. Because it is obviously so simple. Just get a better job and you get paid more.

If is is so easy then why are there homeless? If all you need to do is get a better job, why are there people living below the poverty line? And just expand you skills and start a buisiness? What if the person cant afford it? Dont throw a bunch of difficult and complicated steps and pretend its all a cake walk.

volition

arr.
HSC
I heard that a lot of the homeless are actually insane. But anyone in Australia who is "poor" is most likely that way by choice (eg. drugs/gambling idiocy). We give people free money, free education, this idea that people in Australia are poor and its not their own fault... well... I don't think much of it.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
volition said:
I heard that a lot of the homeless are actually insane. But anyone in Australia who is "poor" is most likely that way by choice (eg. drugs/gambling idiocy). We give people free money, free education, this idea that people in Australia are poor and its not their own fault... well... I don't think much of it.
You forgot those born into abusive families created by welfare dependence!

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
volition said:
Yeah, those people choosing to have mental problems and addictions should take responsibility hey.

volition

arr.
HSC
Ennaybur said:
Yeah, those people choosing to have mental problems and addictions should take responsibility hey.
Well with the case of addictions, that is their own fault...

As for mental problems, we already do give free housing and stuff to them.

Anyway, I'm not really saying we shouldn't help them, my problem is just the government forcing this interaction.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Ennaybur said:
If you choose to inject heroin in the first place and subsequently find yourself addicted, you're in a predicament of your own making, no?

volition

arr.
HSC
withoutaface said:
heh, not only is the government a shit solution, it's part of the problem

HSC
withoutaface said:
Hmm...are levels of childhood abuse/familoy breakdown/drug addiction etc higher in the US or Sweden?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Silver Persian said:
Hmm...are levels of childhood abuse/familoy breakdown/drug addiction etc higher in the US or Sweden?
I'm not 100% sure, but looking to communities which traditionally experience high levels of unemployment and receive comparitively large amounts of government welfare (dare I say it, the Aboriginal community), it's fairly clear that things such as substance abuse, child abuse, low levels of school attendance, etc, can be linked back to the fact that the parents aren't employed (you're at home all day with nothing to do to make you feel like you're worth something, you're more likely to ingest things you shouldn't, and you're less likely to be aspirational about your own or your children's future). The fact that the welfare exists with few strings attached, or did so in the past, leads to the current situation through generations where you have a group of poorly educated individuals who never had any role models to aspire to, and so it's very hard to get them into the workforce.

Mevelyn2551

HSC
Well, having systematically annoyed the Coalition supporting portion of the BOS community, I like to think I have left it prouder and stronger than it was. I therefore take this opportunity to resign from this thread (since the HSC is over now anyway). Anyway, its Bennalong time since I started arguing online here, I almost fell off my seat when I realised there were over 300 posts.

Heh Heh. Who says I'm not as funny as I think I am? Merry Xmas all. I already got my present for this year :santa:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)