• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Who Is Over School? (3 Viewers)

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Locky Jr said:
how come you guys get these long holidays?
I only have 2 weeks, stupid crappy public school lol
Don't know but it's pretty sweet. I think it is a private school thing. If I was in Australia I'd be on the two weeks though.

nicole21290

HSC
Grim.Reaper said:
bahahahahaha
Alrighty. Here's a nice little response to your nice little (or big) comments:
Have a lovely evening and please don't kill me - I promise to be on best behaviour for, oh, I dunno, the next 5 minutes.

lexonfire

HSC
oh? ur not in australia?

yeah i have the standard 2 weeks.... but then my trials dont start until the 4th week into next term...

so i still have under 8 weeks to study aye?

lol i'm still going to be saying that when there's a week left, u watch. :uhhuh:

~untitled~

HSC
Hmm, yes, yes i am over school.

The little yr 7 kids say as you kick them out of the piano room... but i have to be able to play this by two weeks time (insert simple right handed riff here)....

Miss im really sick, can i please go home.... no just die quietly, ill write u a note to leave once u finish my class....

And i thought we were suposed to get respect this year...

Isaac Newton

Banned
HSC
N/A
Locky Jr said:
my trials start on August 20, why do everybody else's start earlier?
It is because educational institutions choose to subject the students to the Trial Exams whenever they wish so.

Hallatia

HSC
Isaac Newton said:
It is because educational institutions choose to subject the students to the Trial Exams whenever they wish so.
it is actually because my school is gay and backwards, we are nowhere near finished in most of the subjects, still have like whole modules left in some

Isaac Newton

Banned
HSC
N/A
Locky Jr said:
it is actually because my school is gay and backwards, we are nowhere near finished in most of the subjects, still have like whole modules left in some
As does another school of which I know, perhaps attended by an alter ego of mine.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
lexonfire said:
oh? ur not in australia?

yeah i have the standard 2 weeks.... but then my trials dont start until the 4th week into next term...

so i still have under 8 weeks to study aye?

lol i'm still going to be saying that when there's a week left, u watch. :uhhuh:
Nope, in Singapore. Australian school though.

I have 8 weeks till exams at the moment too I think. This week + 4 weeks holiday + 2 weeks then trials. Okay so 7. Minus this week cause I won't have time for study and the first week where I'll do jack all leaves 5 weeks. Plenty of time! :p

lexonfire

HSC
Locky Jr said:
my trials start on August 20, why do everybody else's start earlier?
i dont really see that as a bad thing...my school's going into our trials without having completed whole subjects either... i can imagine i'll probably be something around 1/2 to 1 module incomplete in the exams for some subjects... which is annoying because then you're going to have to learn those for the hsc again, kind of thing. as opposed to having your notes all there for you from when u did the trials. ah well, i think that's everybody's case.

Hallatia

HSC
lexonfire said:
i dont really see that as a bad thing...my school's going into our trials without having completed whole subjects either... i can imagine i'll probably be something around 1/2 to 1 module incomplete in the exams for some subjects... which is annoying because then you're going to have to learn those for the hsc again, kind of thing. as opposed to having your notes all there for you from when u did the trials. ah well, i think that's everybody's case.
my teachers keep trying to reassure us sayin that the course does not need to be finished before the trials, umm it kind of does, we could use that time to go over everything we have learnt since November, just like most of the rest of the state gets to do

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Locky Jr said:
my teachers keep trying to reassure us sayin that the course does not need to be finished before the trials, umm it kind of does, we could use that time to go over everything we have learnt since November, just like most of the rest of the state gets to do
Don't worry, a lot of schools don't finish the course. We're done for 2U Maths and almost for 3U, done for SDD and will have finished English by the end of the week, but none of my other subjects will be finished in time for the trials.

Hallatia

HSC
Fish Sauce said:
Don't worry, a lot of schools don't finish the course. We're done for 2U Maths and almost for 3U, done for SDD and will have finished English by the end of the week, but none of my other subjects will be finished in time for the trials.
how many other subjects do you have?
I will go though mine
advanced english - module to go
extension one english - nearly done
extension two english - my fault how much is done
physics - module to go
maths - quite a few topics left
society and culture - half a module left with pip being my fault however much is done
IT - just about done but need to submit an assessment task or two

I think that is it

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Mine are:

Maths (2U) - Done
Maths (3U) - Polynomials 2 and Locus and Parabola 2 left
English - Modules done, Area of Study finished by Friday
SDD - Done
Chemistry - Still need to do the entire option plus a little bit of current module
Music - Not sure but not done yet
Business Studies - Still need to do Globalisation in full

lilmissloz

HSC
Sooo over school!
I just want the exams (which I'll fail) to be over with.
One of our teachers freaked me out by saying our trials are in 5 weeks when in fact they're in something like 8 weeks.
I can't wait until the holidays! Then I can teach myself Maths since my teacher doesn't seem to be able to (no joke, the whole class knows nothing)
In the holidays I hope to find at least one day to just relax and not think about school.
Oh, and the juniors....hate them!
They give us no respect whatsoever.
When I was in year 7 I'd move out of the way of the seniors but now that I'm a senior what do they do? Stand in the way and expect us to move! Grr!

lielawtsn

Liela :)
HSC
Yeh I so agree. Junior aren't respecting the seniors no more. what is with that?
Yeh I am over it, but remember this is our late year, last year to make a decent impression. :)

HSC
Locky Jr said:
how many other subjects do you have?
I will go though mine
advanced english - module to go
extension one english - nearly done
extension two english - my fault how much is done
physics - module to go
maths - quite a few topics left
society and culture - half a module left with pip being my fault however much is done
IT - just about done but need to submit an assessment task or two

I think that is it
you probably won't finish before the trials, but you can't get tested on what you haven't been taught yet! you will just get taught the rest after the trials. it doesn't matter, as long as you have learned everything before you finish then thats all that matters ;)

jirwin

HSC
im over school atm but i am doing my trials atm
at my school there is only yrs 11 and 12. this yr's 11er's are horrible - last yr we had no problems of pushing on buses and stuff this yr its terrible.

anyway as people have been saying, very rarely is the entire course finished by the trials. im in my trials now and definitely not finished.

std eng - aos and mod a and mod c - doing mod b next term
g.maths - got only 3 topics to go - my class is extremely fast with them tho so we've been doing revision for a few weeks waiting for the other classes to catch up
dnt - well its not really a subject that u can classify in modules so it doesnt count
art - done 4 case studies out of 5
cafs - nearly done 3 topics. we have a bit of the last core module to go and the entire option module.

Beege

HSC
English - Journeys Complete, Module A, B Complete & I've nearly finished Module C
Maths - 4 or 5 chapters in our text book to go
Business Studies - Half way through employment relations and we are doing globalisation after the trials.
IPT - 3 core topics completed, multimedia completed today and we are about to start TPS.
SDD - Nearly finished implementation, we need to do testing, maintainence and one of the option topics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)