Who Is Studying Science At Uow In 2009 (1 Viewer)

rlmck

HSC
Is Anyone Studying Science At Uow In 2009? Ive Yet To See Another Student On This Site Planning To Study A Science Degree AT UOW ?
Anyone There//

Science Geek

Biotechnologist
HSC
It's great to hear someone has chosen science at UOW. I am entering 3rd year of Biotech (Adv). The uni is great for science!!!

So you are doing biotech also? Great choice. What do you aim to do at the end of your degree?

Are you local, or living in a uni residence?

rlmck

HSC
Science Geek said:
It's great to hear someone has chosen science at UOW. I am entering 3rd year of Biotech (Adv). The uni is great for science!!!

So you are doing biotech also? Great choice. What do you aim to do at the end of your degree?

Are you local, or living in a uni residence?
Hi there. You have also chosen a great degree. I am from Northern NSW.
I got offered adv biotech after the 2008 UAI was released. I got 95.25, heaps happy!!
I was initially going to apply for medicine but realised i liked science more.
UOW has a great science reputation as you already know:)

I will be living on campus.

I plan to study B Biotechnology (Adv) this year, fresh out of yr 12. Iam going to do Honours , hopefully and then do a PHD. I would then like to go into the pharmaceuticals industry/or med research ( to help cure leukaemia etc.) or grad entry med at USyd

thanks for replying. There is someone out there:) Iam not alone

Last edited:

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
Hey there. I'm going to Wollongong next year, and I'm doing Science, but it's through the Engineering faculty. At the moment, I'm planning to do the Bachelor Science (Physics) / B Mathematics. I really wanted to do the Bachelor Mathematics (Advanced) and I got accepted, but I want to go into research in physics after further study and all that, so I also need to do Physics. Does anyone have any idea if they will let me study the Advanced Maths in the double degree?

HSC
I spose ill see you`s all there then lol

oh, and what is the difference between a Bach. of science, and an international Bach of science??

rlmck

HSC
Js^-1 said:
Hey there. I'm going to Wollongong next year, and I'm doing Science, but it's through the Engineering faculty. At the moment, I'm planning to do the Bachelor Science (Physics) / B Mathematics. I really wanted to do the Bachelor Mathematics (Advanced) and I got accepted, but I want to go into research in physics after further study and all that, so I also need to do Physics. Does anyone have any idea if they will let me study the Advanced Maths in the double degree?
Hey there. From my knowledge depending on your mathematical amptitude they should let you study Adv maths in the double degree. 4unit maths should give a good inpression.Iam not 100% sure though . I would reccomend ringing/contacting the faculty direct. Thats where i got all my info from.

good on you for studying adv maths at uni!

Last edited:

rlmck

HSC
katie tully said:
yay, biotechnology!

makes me warm and fuzzy when the youth of today want to do biotech
Its a great degree for all those bio and chem lovers

rlmck

HSC
Last edited:

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
rlmck said:
Hey there. From my knowledge depending on your mathematical amptitude they should let you study Adv maths in the double degree. 4unit maths should give a good inpression.Iam not 100% sure though . I would reccomend ringing/contacting the faculty direct. Thats where i got all my info from.

good on you for studying adv maths at uni!
Yeh I rang them today; It was very convoluted. Technically the degree is run by the Faculty of Engineering because they are named first in the degree testimonial, but it's confusing because it's the Maths that I want to change. The Sub-Dean said that it should be okay, and that there wasn't anything major that would stop me doing that degree, so all is :)

See you all there soon.

rlmck

HSC
Js^-1 said:
Yeh I rang them today; It was very convoluted. Technically the degree is run by the Faculty of Engineering because they are named first in the degree testimonial, but it's confusing because it's the Maths that I want to change. The Sub-Dean said that it should be okay, and that there wasn't anything major that would stop me doing that degree, so all is :)

See you all there soon.
Thats great news, UOW is really flexible with degree options:lol:

HSC
hello im going uow too this year, hoping to do electrical engineering / mathematics double degree :)

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
sonnylongbottom said:
hello im going uow too this year, hoping to do electrical engineering / mathematics double degree :)
Awesome, good to know other people are planning on doing maths as well :)

Is everyone going to O week?

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
I'm doing a Bachelor of Comp Sci/Bavhelor of Science (Chemistry) double degree.

I wanted to to do enviro sci but I doubt I can fit that in a double degree with CS. Them's the breaks.

Darrow

Executant of Life
HSC
Doing International Science (yew)
Not exactly sure what I will be following though.. probably medicinal chemistry
But mostly the first year subjects are the same

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)