• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Who likes their 2nd sem units...? (1 Viewer)

jinghuang

HSC
N/A
ACST101 - quite easy stuff, but seems a little boring, easy to make mistake when counting dates, also David Wescott seems a little serious.

ECON111 - the lady lecturer is good, but also like say something that not really matter to the subject.

ACCG105 - I have to say the is very boring + a very heavy work load + a good lecturer and a good tutor.

MATH133 - keep writing the notes in lecture, never to the end. I am totally confused about it, and the tutorial work seems impossible to achieve.

ACST211 - the HARDEST subject this sem. but actually I find it is the most interesting subject. Jim Farmer is the most efficient lecturer I've ever seen.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Yes, Jim Farmer is prolly one of the smartest lecturers (which is really a good thing until the exam :D).

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
accg 200 is boring 201 same 253 annoying/confusing acst201 is hard cos i forgot acst 101 stuff..also realised today that accg253 and 201 have tests on the same saturday ! argh...how bad is that!

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
didnt know where else to post this
but no one would know anything about contracts would they?
nothing too deep just ye need somethin looked over

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
ah, all i can say....assignments are due soon, exams are coming up soon .... a lot to work with... But better than sem1, since i allocated my time more efficiently (sounds like econ..lol)

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
MaryJane said:
Fornstar, I totally agree- I already feel behind! Steve and I have already split the workload for psych; ones making notes on developmental and the other on biopsych & learning!
well i sat nxt to him today in BBA111 lecture, and he can make pretty impressive notes, so MJ you have teamed up with the right person

Last edited:

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
fornstar said:
BBA111 - seems interesting, lecturer gets excited a little 2 easy
i take it back, its boring as hell!!! well the lectures are, but the tutes sound ok

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
fornstar said:
i take it back, its boring as hell!!! well the lectures are, but the tutes sound ok
People stopped turning up to the tutes after their presentations were done. I remember randomly turning up to one and being the only person in the audience for a presentation.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
HeCtic said:
People stopped turning up to the tutes after their presentations were done. I remember randomly turning up to one and being the only person in the audience for a presentation.
LOL you serious??? i guess you cant have much of a discussion with one person ...

well my group is after the holidays, so we may have an empty house as well

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
^ It was a bit weird being the audience but the guys doing the presentation were top blokes and made it enjoyable.

Since yours is a bit late you get time to suss out what the tutor likes and doesn't like in a presentation and do yours accordingly. G'luck with it.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
psy222- im dropping it, gunna do stat270 insted... im finding it hard to find the time to do this subject

psy236- i've only listened to one lecture so far... but arggh sounds difficult... must keep on top of things so it doesn't end up being another 237 like you said maryjane.

bba111- organisational behaviour.... hehe how can i not enjoy it... it's business and psychology mixed together... however its the easy/obvious psychology stuff... so it is kinda boring. Easy textbook subject

bba102- my friends find the lectures soo boring but i try to listen to him... he's not exactly a bad lecturer... he just has one of those voices that you don't really listen to... but he tries... it's really cute... so i try to listen.

accg105- not as hard as acst101 soo im friggen glad... this will probably be my second hardest subject... following psy236 which i think personally will be soo time consuming.

HSC
N/A
ooh, lots of BBA111 people!

BBA111 - I'm not sure whether I'll come to any more lectures.... lecturer is just not engaging me muchly. Tutes are fun though, or will be, as soon as I get over the fact almost everyone in my tute is doing some sort of business/business and psych, and me and my friend Kate are just like "eek... creative arts students!"

SOC180 - Not sure whether I'll come to the lectures for this, either... it's like cul from last semester, but not as stressful... thus not as huge an emphasis on turning up :D

PHIL131 - hmm, 'tis interesting. I have a feeling assessments will be headache-worthy, though. So broad...

ARTS105 - the dumbed-down version of Introduction to Accounting for creative arts students. Not a huge fan of the lecturer, have strong suspicions that we're going to be treated like kindergarten children and made to show our homework each prac (which is at 9am in the morning!!!). Content is difficult to get through... sort of like Marketing, but marketing was still sort of fun... this isn't, even though I know it's a heck of a lot easier than "normal" accounting stuff. *sigh*

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
clairegirl said:
psy222- im dropping it, gunna do stat270 insted... im finding it hard to find the time to do this subject

psy236- i've only listened to one lecture so far... but arggh sounds difficult... must keep on top of things so it doesn't end up being another 237 like you said maryjane.

bba111- organisational behaviour.... hehe how can i not enjoy it... it's business and psychology mixed together... however its the easy/obvious psychology stuff... so it is kinda boring. Easy textbook subject

bba102- my friends find the lectures soo boring but i try to listen to him... he's not exactly a bad lecturer... he just has one of those voices that you don't really listen to... but he tries... it's really cute... so i try to listen.

accg105- not as hard as acst101 soo im friggen glad... this will probably be my second hardest subject... following psy236 which i think personally will be soo time consuming.
..Why arent you doing PSY235?

CrashOveride

HSC
ECON111 - fair easy, like econ110, no need to goto lectures
ACST101 - see above
MATH133 - lots of note writing. once study starts shud be fine. minimal lectures.
ACST211 - most interesting unit. farmer is good. for the time being, no lectures.
ACCG105 - most boring unit. pondering lecture attendance.

bubble_tea

chem103 - im actually finding this pretty fun
bio115 - nicer, easier to understand lecturer
hlth132 - boring
chir101 - same as before..

HSC
N/A
Random note...

for ARTS105, The roll is called out each LECTURE and each week, we have to SHOW OUR WEEKLY HOMEWORK.

That is all.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hmm,

MAS105..feeling tentative of the tutor

SOC180..definitely loving it now thanks to the tutor

MUS207..gotta change tutorials i think, theyre moving too slow :|

PHIL246..waiting for tutes tomorrow

AHST222..waiting for tutes on friday

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
you might have some trouble enrolling in phil131 if you are yet to enrol (since it is week 2), i would go now if i were you

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
STAT270 update - i love this subject! :D

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
PHIL131 is very good. the 2 assessments last year were fairly general, but in a way that let you take your own direction. And there is only a small exam.

but you better enroll fast!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)