Who nearly had a heart attack with Akhenaten? (1 Viewer)

Mandy101

HSC
What were they thinking!!! "The Layout of Akhetaten"??? What more can you say other than it faces east, is bound by fourteen boundary stelae, is between two cliffs and has a Workers Village, Residential Area & Great Palace?? I managed to pad it out with the 'functions' of Akhetaten, but what a shocker of a question..

Part C was also really retarded - I'm lucky that I do New Kingdom Egypt as my period so I was able to go into detail about Tut, Ay, Horemheb, Seti & Rameses attempts to erase and suppress him from history, but what about people who don't have that extra knowledge?

I should have done Rameses as my personality, because in hindsight the questions in that section were a LOT easier.

Odourless

HSC
I did more about function because I did not study this at all. Just like he wanted a place not tainted by the worship of other gods and the open layout of the city. I made up a lot of stuff thats wrong as well.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Mandy101 said:
What were they thinking!!! "The Layout of Akhetaten"??? What more can you say other than it faces east, is bound by fourteen boundary stelae, is between two cliffs and has a Workers Village, Residential Area & Great Palace?? I managed to pad it out with the 'functions' of Akhetaten, but what a shocker of a question..

Part C was also really retarded - I'm lucky that I do New Kingdom Egypt as my period so I was able to go into detail about Tut, Ay, Horemheb, Seti & Rameses attempts to erase and suppress him from history, but what about people who don't have that extra knowledge?

I should have done Rameses as my personality, because in hindsight the questions in that section were a LOT easier.
It was a general question on Akhetaten; it's straight outta the syllabus. You could talk about any of the buildings there, its purpose (why he built it in the first place), religious significance and even its impact on his reign overall...

(c) was terrible, there certainly isn't 12 marks worth in that aspect of the topic. I also do NKE A3-R2 so I could talk about Horemheb and the other dudes. Although, I'm wondering if talking too much about them will get us marked down. Did you notice the Question on Horemheb for the Period? There was a lot of things you could talk about in both questions, which was nice.

Mandy101

HSC
^They can't mark you down if you've backed up what you've said with sources and it's legitimate. I did notice that question, but I did the one on administration of Egypt in section four, which is my forte :D

With Akhetaten - I did that, talked about its relig significance etc, it just really threw me at first and I didn't think it was that great a question. The emphasis on the 'function' though allowed me to pad it out a lot which was good.

study buddy

troglodyte
HSC
Ugh, our class covered it, but not well enough for me to answer that question and still maintain my dignity. I honestly sounded like the biggest loser there was.. started drawing a plan of it, but then all I could remember was the Royal road, so I made the rest up. I think for Akhenaten we were pretty screwed. What about the changes he made to religion, and art? Why on earth couldn't they have asked us that sort of thing!!

a8o

HSC
There was a question in there, I noticed, "explain the significance of the features of the layoutr of Rome."

darkroomgirl

HSC
Um, I thought Akhenaten was fun.

My teacher is extremely organised and gives us heaps of notes on every aspect of the syllabus, so yeah, we covered Akhetaten well.

Layout of the city... I named all the features that I knew and just explained what their functions were. Like, for example, the huge main road in the middle of it which was for processions (and apparently was the widest road in the ancient world), the temple dedicated to the Aten connected by a bridge to an unidentified building, the tombs on the Western bank of the Nile (contrary to ancient custom: it was always East), artists' studios, good housing, etc etc...

Luckily for c) I did New Kingdom Egypt as well and during the trials, I did an essay entirely about that. I also noticed that it was a similar question to one of the past trial ones... so yeah, all good.

Ancient History = definitely my fave exam... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)