Who only does Ext 1 to do Ext 2? (1 Viewer)

Would you do Ext 1 if you didn't have to?

• Yes

Votes: 23 34.3%
  • No

Votes: 44 65.7%

• Total voters

orange_blob

Caveman
HSC
Just been wondering, How many of you wouldn't do the ext 1 course if it wasn't required for you to do ext 2?

I certainly wouldn't.

vicburke

Capt. Schneider Bandwagon
HSC
I did my HSC two years ago and did Ext 2 and I would say I would still do Ext 1 if you had a choice. We did crime fiction - and i really enjoyed it and did really well...

HSC
N/A
I voted "no" based on the fact that that's how I felt in my HSC year.

However since I've been at Uni, I've greatly appreciated EE1 - the work it did to develop my essay-writing skills (which were subsequently super-developed at Uni level yet again, and still going) came in much handy. Plus it helped my UAI :D

Emph

HSC
I wouldn't do it if i had the choice and there was something better i wanted to do.

I do well at Advanced and so far am doing super-well at extn 2, but there is something lacking in my extn 1 skills.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I really did Ext 1, Ext 2 (and Advanced for that matter) because it gave me the chance to do more of my favourite subject - english. I know that given the chance I would have at least attempted Comparative Literature to make it to 6 units of english if I could, regardless of the advisability. When I look back, that view hasn't really changed that much because I've found things to enjoy and value from each of the English courses and my enjoyment of Ext 1 and Ext 2 varied so that from week to week it was either one or the other that was my favourite course.

darcho

HSC
N/A
Extension 1 is a cunt of a course. Although I am alright at it (80's range with minimal effort) but the questions are always tricky and can be totally fucked up. I like extension two better cause I can control what I am doing and work more to my interests.
So no, I would definately not do Ext 1 if I didn't have to.

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
Extension 1 is my least favorite of the Englishes, with extension 2 being the best. I didn't do ext because I thought ext 2 would be better though, but I'm glad I did.

HSC
glitterfairy said:
I voted "no" based on the fact that that's how I felt in my HSC year.

However since I've been at Uni, I've greatly appreciated EE1 - the work it did to develop my essay-writing skills (which were subsequently super-developed at Uni level yet again, and still going) came in much handy. Plus it helped my UAI :D
retreat from the global was great :D

oh and helping-the-uai was nice, too :p

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
I'd never do Advanced English as it bores me to tears...
I LOVE EXTENSION 1!!!

Clarebare

HSC
I hate advanced eng, and i love ext 1 - even though we're doing postmodernism.

ext 2 makes my head hurt, and i'm really worried about it, but i'm enjoying the course

HSC
Adv. English is horrible, except of course at the moment, as we get to watch Mel Gibson in Hamlet. Beautiful.

Ext. 1 is good when our teacher actually gives us a lesson. Which hasn't been once this year.

I like Ext. 2..

To answer your question, I don't.

HSC
glitterfairy said:
Let us not speak of the heathen-ness that is Eng Adv :p
haha so true. whenever i hear the word 'journey' i get a sudden headache...plus traumatic memories of the modules exam which i didn't even finish!

Trillium

HSC
eugh. Ext 1 is evil. Crime fiction is fast becoming a hated genre. blahhhh.
I love ext 2. Two hours of chocolate cake and story writing.

sweetish

HSC
KILL CRIME FICTION!!! the only obstacle to doin 4u..

benjams

HSC
Oh wow! I agree - killl crime fiction lol - its getting slowly over-rated and add to the fact that my teacher's teaching seems to have degraded over the last year- i was really enjoying it last year - yeap even heart of darkness but now i hate it! which is upsetting....though adv and ee2 is great cos i have teachers who heart the subjects which is awesome....

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
I didn't really like Ext 1 much (because I'm inherently lazy), so if I'd had the choice of not being able to do it then I wouldn't have. However, I actually dropped two classes so I would have needed Ext 1 just for that and I suppose I would have picked it. But I voted no.
However, now that I am at uni I really appreciate Ext 1 (even if the topic was terrible) because it introduces you to the relevant skills for things such as most arts (and law I suppose).

pungemo

HSC
I have to agree with passion89, extension 1 english can get pretty complicated, and at times boring, but overall I think it's a good course. Shame my english ability seems to have disappeared this year :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)