who ran out of time?! (1 Viewer)

HSC
well.. im pretty stoked for my efforts... got 8 pgs for Q1, 8 1/2 for Q2 and 12 1/2 for Q4... essay wasnt likned together as well as i would have liked.. but hey.. what can ya do now! i finished with 4 mins to spare.. so time wasnt too much of a worry. glad its over!

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
I think it's a bit of a wank that I get a word processor. By its very nature it makes structure and order much easier. For example, with 10 minutes left my Q3 was finished but it was all over the shop. Had I been writing, I would've been fucked.

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
krazy_katie777 said:
well.. im pretty stoked for my efforts... got 8 pgs for Q1, 8 1/2 for Q2 and 12 1/2 for Q4... essay wasnt likned together as well as i would have liked.. but hey.. what can ya do now! i finished with 4 mins to spare.. so time wasnt too much of a worry. glad its over!
u either write pretty big or ur a freak

capsicum

HSC
alissa_xoxo said:
Haha, spent the last 5 minutes frantically scribbling my student number on every page. Then i tried to add crap to the 5 mark question in section 1.
we got time after the exam to fill out the student number and centre number on every page. i ran out of time. =( didn't get to complete the creative writing. i did the extended response first, then short answers and then creative. oh well

Kean

HSC
Hell i ran out of time! Am I the only one that feels really discouraged after that?
I think we need more time, but I am a slow writer.

I did it in the order it came, but when I got to the extended response I was stopped when i got to 4 pages, I was still doing the prescribed text. I hadnt even got anywhere near other related texts.

Creative story might be good im not really sure, it was 5 pages.

My teacher always says though "QUALITY NOT QUANTITY" and i agree Ive seen people write double the amount I have and have got a better mark then them.

Obviously that doesnt work in my case as I was only up to my prescribed text.

I think its quite sad that 13 years of our schooling lives have lead up to this next couple of weeks.

Smartie87

HSC
i filled 6 booklets.... but that said, i had massive writing that even i couldnt read..... speakin of which, wat happens if the markers cant read the writing????

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
smartie87 said:
wat happens if the markers cant read the writing????
your screwed :D

i did section 1 first in just over 30 minutes. i spent 70 minutes on section 3 next. i then spent 20 minutes on the last section. but finished with 2 minutes to spare, in which i made up titles for my essay and creative task.

haha throughout the whole exam i was taking care of my punctuation and grammar...

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
i went great with it all..all, that is, except the last two sentences of my story, that contained an important ending statement, which i had to write and she said "pens down". TWO SENTENCES! i was so angry. i was so tempted to write them in while i was writing my numbers on the pages but i figured if i got caught it wouldnt be worth it in the long-run. Besides, the head supervisor had eyes like a hawk!

hysteria

HSC
i only wish i had more time to fix up my lame story. my handwriting was disgusting...i feel sorry for the person who's going to mark it. I don't get why people just walk out of the exam ...i wonder how they'd feel if someone told them they only got 1.5hrs instead of 2....

HSC
N/A
i didn't run out of time...although i did want more than 3 minutes of checking.
i am scared about the modules now...coz during the exam..for a few seconds i just couldn't get my hands to write or my head to tick...

Jess241186

HSC
i got to write about a page and a quarter on the third question and then i hear "you have one minute left" i tried to write as much as possible but couldnt write much more....

roseysparkles

HSC
I ran out of time for section 3, i had five minutes to write about my additional text and i didnt finish my conclusion:( I rkn they should give us 50 minutes per section thats just the right amount of time ;)

HSC
ditto

frootloop said:
Started with section 1- finished in 40 mins (a little bit longer than anticipated)
then- section 3- finished in 50 mins
last- section 2- only 30 mins left... and it's my weakest section- I think I wrote about 4 or 5 pages but I didn't finish it...
that's kinda similar to mine, except i only wrote like 2 pages or 3?? I had like 20 minutes left and seriously stuffed it up...oh well...

btw, are we allowed to write a poem for this section?

cigi_k

HSC
I did Section two in ten minutes.... no kidding!

I told you i have terrible time management skills. :(

jayson

HSC
yeh...i didn have enuff time for my 2nd sect..not sure if my story made sense

cigi_k

HSC
The_highwayman said:
i went great with it all..all, that is, except the last two sentences of my story, that contained an important ending statement, which i had to write and she said "pens down". TWO SENTENCES! i was so angry. i was so tempted to write them in while i was writing my numbers on the pages but i figured if i got caught it wouldnt be worth it in the long-run. Besides, the head supervisor had eyes like a hawk!
OMG! me too! I had one sentence to go! :( isn't that so frustrating?

can't wait for this to be over! i've only done one exam and i already feel demotivated and depressed! ARGH! these exams are making me delirious!

gtg study! :p

Ck

cigi_k

HSC
The_highwayman said:
OMG! me too! I had one sentence to go! :( isn't that so frustrating?

can't wait for this to be over! i've only done one exam and i already feel demotivated and depressed! ARGH! these exams are making me delirious!

gtg study! :p

Ck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)