who ran out of time?! (1 Viewer)

dj_

HSC
Kean said:
My teacher always says though "QUALITY NOT QUANTITY" and i agree Ive seen people write double the amount I have and have got a better mark then them.

But my teacher also says " It need a fair amount of quantity so that the maker will be able to pick up the quality"

What do u guys think ?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Gah, I accidently spend an entire hour on section one. Barely made it through the others, only because I'd memorised my creative piece (got full marks on it in the Trial - so hey, why not use what fits? Fortunately, it did). *shudder*

Julia_88

HSC
who ran out of time!!!

I ran out of time on question 3, and didn't have enough time to go back and finish the rest of Section 1. Just lost 8 marks, now i'm relying on my creative story and my not yet finished essay to help me past. I have to go well in Paper 2 to bring my marks up!!

Who else ran out of time????

NT-social

HSC
man....no fair(for me) i didn't end up finishing section two..it was a REALLY bad stufff up :(
..o well just gotta do EXTREMELY and UNNATURALLY excellent in paper 2

NT-social

HSC
yeah,i did..... BADLY.i didn't finish section 2...it was terrible like i only spent say 15minutes on it>>>u can just imagine what junk was in it.o well i just gotta do EXTREMELY and UNNATURALLY excellent in paper2 (doubt that's possible) :(

HSC
alissa_xoxo said:
Haha, spent the last 5 minutes frantically scribbling my student number on every page. Then i tried to add crap to the 5 mark question in section 1.
We were made to do that at the beginning of the exam before even reading time started when the exam covenor was going through the exam.

I'm not sure if thats how it is meant to be done though. He had us open our exam papers before reading time started. He said: "turn to page 1" it says "blank page", page 2, "text one - mind wide open", turn to the next page.. etc etc.

He didn't read out the texts, it was just to make sure everyone had the correct exam (to bad if we had paper 2 :D) and everyone understood exactly what was expected. He pretty much skimmed through it, so even if its not done elsewhere, its really not an advantage because you really don't have time to analyse anything on the page.

When we got to a page that required our centre number and student number, he would pause to make us write it.

In regards to the exam booklets, he said that we shouldn't bother writing those numbers until after the exam because he would give us time to do that (with all the other exam officers watching closely).

cyclonesarah

I didnt run out of time ... but a girl in my class has one paragraph and her conclusion to do and she asked for a new booklet and the superviser took 5 MINS to get it to her!!!! To make it worse by the time she got the booklet she wrote ONE line and then time ran out. She is so pissed off!

soul_guardian

HSC
Believe it or not, some people actually had time to sapere.

For me however, I lways run out of time in english exams and the HSC was no different. Didn't finish my essay and my creative writing wasnt great. All i need is full marks in modules:p

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
soul_guardian said:
Believe it or not, some people actually had time to sapere.

For me however, I lways run out of time in english exams and the HSC was no different. Didn't finish my essay and my creative writing wasnt great. All i need is full marks in modules:p
yeah i had time to spare. i had finished my essay and creative and was upto the last part of section 1, the 5 mark question and then i saw i had half an hour left, so i kinda started to write at my own slow pace so my hand wouldn't break off.

debaser

HSC
who else had 20 minutes left at the end, in a good way?

Sarah_Lou

hsc ova
HSC
i had 10 minutes to spare at the end. i read the supp. texts in reading time, then jumped into Q1. then i did the essay coz i knew i needed at least 50 minutes for it. i had memorised my creative so i got it done in 20 mins. but i was so scared...ive never had time to spare in an english paper!

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
rnitya_25 said:
speak for yourself matey :p
How many pages did you write? (Not that it translates into marks or anything)

I just want to know.

hsvd_g

Grease Monkey
HSC
I had ran out of time too I done probably only one page on section 2 because if i kept on going, Section 3 would not have been attempted miss out out on a pissle 5-10 marks..

I MUST SPARE MY TIME IN PAPER 2 and do better!

piyo_extreme

dammmmmmmn!! i ran out of time T-T!! i didn't get to finish question 1 the last part!! i lost 5 marks already fo a start!! i doubt i can get good!! i just wish my creative and last part went well!!

T-T i stufffed!!

babi_girl

HSC
Yes i really ran out of time... i did question one, skiped 2 and did question three... i totally lost track of time then the supervisor said YOU HAVE 8 MINS REMAINING and i was like omggg so i only had 8 mins 2 do question 2 :(

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
I ran out of time for section 3... so devastated. All you people who had time to spare piss off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)