Who regrets choosing SOC+CUL? (1 Viewer)

mishka

HSC
N/A
It's certainly not everyone's cup of tea, but it's unique in that it's a combination of a couple of subjects (History, English, Social Science). I'd be grateful that the exam is worth only 70% (that damned PIP takes away some pressure, unless you were one of the last minute stressers!!)

RedTape

HSC
I quite enjoy it. ^^
I have it next period, infact. This private study period is going for everrr.

Kulazzi

HSC
I loved it and enjoyed it. You get to actually talk about something! Different from all the other subjects.

eiileen

HSC
i have mixed emotions towards this subject... our actual classes are mindnumbingly boring (does anyone else spend 80% of the time watching films/docos?) but i like doing the research projects and assignments and enjoyed my PIP.

eiileen

HSC
it seems that stupidity among sac teachers is a common theme...

ashimation

HSC
haha, yes because it couldn't POSSIBLY be the students..

sm8

HSC
I DO! i even like 2 unit religion better than SOC+CUL

Jeza

HSC
A agree SACS a bit weird. I mean we literally speant so much time working on our PIP we forgot about the actual sylabbus. and the trials like next week we still havnt done a whole module

eiileen

HSC
ashimation said:
haha, yes because it couldn't POSSIBLY be the students..
certainly not ;) so what topics did everyone else end up doing for their electives? we kind of got pushed into doing Rastafarianism and Reggae (belief systems and popular culture) because they linked and the teacher said we'd have a better chance if they were linked or something.... i dunno i didn't think they were that interesting

nahian

HSC
Best+Easiest Fucking subject ever
Least amount of study and always best marks for me

nahian

HSC
My teacher makes SAC the best aswell
Funny bloody woman

LHRH

HSC
not me i love society...and my teacher doesnt have the stupidity gene like everyone elses seems to have

nic56

Sheep Station (farm 4city ppl) 50 km NW of Wentwor
HSC
i dont regret doing the subject Society and Culture i regret doing it my Distance education. It is a subject were class discussion is required and it is very difficult trying to do the subject by yourself. :confused:
Our teacher allicated too much time to course work and only 1 week at the end of each term to work on our PIP's and a whole 11 weeks for revision, when we culd have spent more time on our PIPs. My teacher is very unorganised and very rarely reply to my emails or phone calls.
Society and Culture is a great subject but u need a good teacher and a class willing to have regular disscussions about what u are learning.

Last edited:

jessdoit

HSC
I think Society & Culture as a whole is pretty good. It explores unique concepts and in a way it helps in the understanding of other subjects too like English or even Legal Studies.

Personally, my teacher is a bit incompetent because he is so lenient but we love him anyway. He's funny and if our class actually listened to him and did the work he gives us, we might actually think he's a pretty good teacher. It's definetely one of my bludgiest lessons... but yeah I find the things we learn pretty interesting. Also I think he's fairly organised for Year 12. He sets out about 1 or 2 lessons every week for work on our PIPs and the rest on the syllabus topics. Yay for Society & Culture. Pity it scales down : (

lou_217

HSC
If you have a good teacher it helps a lot.

When you finish school you'll realise just how much you've actually learnt from Society and Culture, and you can directly apply it to real life.

Also been told that doing a PIP helps you greatly in uni, with all the research and such.

Y-z-A

HSC
OMG of course i was gonna drop S&C just coz i was clueless about the PIP but i hated biology so i had to keep it.

the pip is so stressful there are no limiits and for nce in my life i need limits. i that girl that dose her assessment the few days before not coz i dont have time but coz i usually draw blanks on how to do it untill the last week

ima in trouble

so lost

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)