• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Who regrets choosing SOC+CUL? (1 Viewer)

HSC
i like it, we changed teachers for year 12 for a more experienced teacher, who didnt want us; he wanted to set the HSC exams or something but it is good. its so unlike any other subject but i think you either like it or you don't.

ivanie

HSC
If you don't do S&C why are youj in here.. ?

I do regret it. I can't come up with anything for this god damn PIP and its a week and a bit before school starts - I needed to submit an idea and all last term :S

ames..xoxo

HSC
i like the subject its just i am about to start with my 3rd society and culture teacher and am only doin the second term of s&c which majorly sucks...

---dree

HSC
Yes & No.

SaC is interesting at times and the content isn't too complex or anything but there's alot of work involved - particularly that pain-in-the-ass PIP.

But if i had a chance to pick my subjects again, i would've picked Design & Tech over Society & Culture. Most of my subjects are humanities.. UGH too much writing for me =/ need a practical outlet

Dancegirl99

HSC
I don't regret choosing SAC but I'm having trouble finding my PIP.
But I'm glad my teacher got us to do a smaller version of it last year in yr 11.

yosemite sam

HSC
i liked society, but my teacher was unbearable - pigheaded, conceited, arrogant - drove me nuts, so i dropped it at the end of yr 11. i wish i didnt, cos i was good at it, but i dont think i couldve taken another year of him. and i didnt really like the idea of having a major work.

hayleyl

HSC
I like the subject but don't like my teacher or my PIP atm!

cuppy

HSC
N/A
the hardest part is starting to write your PIP...but when thats out of the way you'll be on a roll and things start to fall into place.

bottom line: don't procrastinate and try to get your research finalised and out of the way asap!

TSBRAH

HSC
ME considering i hav to do 30 pages of pip :sniper: in 1 day ><
edit: only 10 :D:D thank god
i had the best soc teacher but now we hav a gay one

Last edited:

draliz

HSC
I like the subject except for the PIP. It's driving me crazy at the moment! I can't get a good topic!

cxlxoxk

HSC
i don't regret it, i picked it for a reason, the reason is gone now. so now i'm just upset the reason i picked it for is gone and stressing about the pip >.<. i need an answer to my post (currently the last one) on the PIPS for 2008 thread.

Ekalb

HSC
Yeah its not all bad, but I am starting to freak about the PIP project, I just cant get myself to do it. I have all sec research done, all I need to do is write the damn thing, but srsly cant be effed.

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
hmmm only thing im worried about is if i can finish this PIP...
the other work is pretty simple, sucks that i have slow people in my class
my teacher is awesome

slinkysezzy

HSC
totally feel your pain. SOCIETY AND CULTURE SUCKS RIGHT NOW. Four months out from the due date for this god-forsaken PIP and I have done NOTHING!!! NOTHING!!!! NOTHING!!!!

and - okay, who thinks that the syllabus is wishy washy, vague and really really weird. I am writing inequality and difference notes right now and i am realising that the syllabus either doesn't make a whole lot of sense, or i am just a fool.

probs the later.

hm...well that got a few things off my chest.

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
haha sezzy, i also think the syllabus sucks.
and i hate my pip more than just about anything right now! just writing the intro is killing me. why did i leave it so late to start?!

cyndilau

HSC
i had the BEST teacher for society. we were SOO ahead. we got everything done but the the three classes had to merge into 2 this year and our class got split up because i teacher had the least experience. it was either her or the head teacher (who only has one class so they couldn't) or the craap teacher who i have now (but his class got canceled last time so to make it fair his class stays this time)

MY PIP IS GOING DOWN THE DRAIN.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
my initial society teacher fell pregnant and left half way through last year. i loved her =[[ our class of 6 is still in close contact with her, and our permisub tries her little heart out.
so, no hard feelings about it i guess. and her son is so cutttte. and she comes back this term. so. yay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)