who thinks P plates allow for discrimination? (1 Viewer)

Pace_T

HSC
i dont like the whole idea of p platers having to put p plates on their cars.. all it does is give cops a good excuse to pick on you.

having p plates on your car also insights stupid driving behaviour because idiot drivers want to show off in front of other p platers. if they didnt have the p plates on they wouldnt act like dickheads so much around each other because it wouldnt be so obvious that the other driver is young as well.

i dont even know what the purpose is for having p plates visible on a car.. is it to make aware to the other drivers that you are still not that experienced? when have other drivers been more cautious around p platers on the road? imo it has no effect..

discuss

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
good post

the only practical purpose they serve seems to be indicating the lower speed limit of 90 or 100

which is only relevant on a freeway anyway :/

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
And the fines for not having a plate on are terrible - it's $180!! + One dermit. Overkill.

boris

Banned
HSC
I think they are to indicate to police that we are p platers so they can observe whether we are doing 90+ etc. But then they do just target you all the time.

HSC
Pace_T said:
i dont like the whole idea of p platers having to put p plates on their cars.. all it does is give cops a good excuse to pick on you.

having p plates on your car also insights stupid driving behaviour because idiot drivers want to show off in front of other p platers. if they didnt have the p plates on they wouldnt act like dickheads so much around each other because it wouldnt be so obvious that the other driver is young as well.

i dont even know what the purpose is for having p plates visible on a car.. is it to make aware to the other drivers that you are still not that experienced? when have other drivers been more cautious around p platers on the road? imo it has no effect..

discuss
Isn't there restrictions like P platers aren't allowed to drive high performance vehicles, zero alcohol tolerance etc that sets it apart from the rest?

There's no need to have a rant about it, you only need to put up with it for a few years like everyone else who all started on P plates. I'm sure if you don't drive or act like a f**king idiot on the road then the cops wouldn't pull you over all the time. I never got pulled over by cops if so only for breath testing which lasts for 2mins max.

You say P platers like to show off, but that's just a youthful thing trying to impress. P plates or not, idiots are still idiots.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
How often have you heard the phrase "Bloody P plater!"?

Other fully licenced drivers seem to see the P plate as an excuse to vent road rage. It seems that alot of people forget that they were once a P plater, and therefore think that all accidents are cause by them.

boris

Banned
HSC
Suicide Warrior said:
Isn't there restrictions like P platers aren't allowed to drive high performance vehicles, zero alcohol tolerance etc that sets it apart from the rest?

There's no need to have a rant about it, you only need to put up with it for a few years like everyone else who all started on P plates. I'm sure if you don't drive or act like a f**king idiot on the road then the cops wouldn't pull you over all the time. I never got pulled over by cops if so only for breath testing which lasts for 2mins max.

You say P platers like to show off, but that's just a youthful thing trying to impress. P plates or not, idiots are still idiots.
Yeah but we're talking getting pulled over constantly and having your car gone over with a magnifying glass just because you're a p plater. Not doing anything wrong obviously or you would be fucked anyway, but just picked 'randomly' for breath tests etc. The cops here just lap and pull over any p plater they see. No fully licenced drivers. If we had no p plates on, then they would have to target people who are only driving badly, or actually randomly breath testing. Fuck i shit myself everytime i pass a cop because they nearly always pull a u turn and pull you over just to breath test and rape your car.

Jake22

HSC
Ive never been pulled over by the cops and ive had my red P's since last april... Ive been RBT'd 3 times, but each time they were only the things on the side of the road where they stop pretty much everyone, and even then they are nice about it and im off 30 seconds later. I drive a 96 ZR Celica with side skirts and a ridiculous exhaust tip, havnt been pulled over. And I used to drive a 74 Celica with extractors that was loud as hell.

I pass cop cars all the time too.

Maybe you're just tipping off their Gaydar, or Wankermeter

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I was only ever stopped twice when I was on my P's... both RBT's... and I passed more than that number without being pulled over.

Whatever.

HSC
i've been pulled over 14 times, 8 RBT's, once for speeding, and 5 times to search my car and check my licence. Doesn't help that i look about 14 i suppose. but shit

Pace_T

HSC
Suicide Warrior said:

not ranting. im actually getting my full license next month. i am entitled to complain about it on behalf of all p platers if i want to.
and ive only ever been pulled over for RBTs. i dont drive like a wanker.

GREAT ASSUMPTIONS

oh and your point about 0 alcohol tolerance thing... thats just stupid. cops would have to pull you over to find out whether you're over the alcohol limit before they can fine you anyway. when they do they check your license which SHOWS whether youre a p plater or not.

as for your last sentence, let me reiterate my point. p plates allow easy recognition of other younger drivers on the road which imo would insight stupid behaviour

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
I got pulled over for an RBT today at parramatta, the only one out of 8 cars to get pulled over.

It was either because of the p plates or cos I'm black.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Whatever. said:
i've been pulled over 14 times, 8 RBT's, once for speeding, and 5 times to search my car and check my licence. Doesn't help that i look about 14 i suppose. but shit
That's pretty bullshit.

colinl

HSC
N/A
hmm... good points mentioned

i noe this is irrelevant but did anyone pass 1st go wen they went for their p's?

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Pace_T said:

discuss
fucken worthless thread, get a life you loser!

Darcy111

HSC
Pace_T said:

discuss
Fuckin shit aye.
i cant really talk, i racked up my 4th fine today
no i am not a shit driver.

Pace_T

HSC
zomg said:
2. Stupid drivers are stupid drivers with or without P plates. Certain P platers arent going to stop being idiots behind the wheel just because all of a sudden they cant tell how young other drivers are
that was not my point. the point i am making is that imo i think a lot of drivers are going to be show offs in front of other p platers. e.g. girls. and i think its more likely guys will drag other p platers off the lights as opposed to those who are mature drivers (or appear to be).

zomg said:
3. Having P plates on allows other drivers to discern the lesser experienced drivers and make them aware of the speed restrictions etc etc.
as a driver who goes on a 110km/h road most days of the week i can safely say that the majority of drivers going significantly under the speed limit are fully-licensed drivers (bar L platers). things still work out fine.. so does having p's really help in this regard?

zomg said:
And with the cops targeting P platers thing - why is that so bad? P platers have less driving experience and so are more prone to accidents etc so its probably a good thing that cops are targeting them more. Even if its over the top, its better than not targeting them enough
the worst case scenario is targetting them equally. :skip:

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
colinl said:
hmm... good points mentioned

i noe this is irrelevant but did anyone pass 1st go wen they went for their p's?
i did!!! =]].

about a week ago. but i've found that the second you change from l's to p's other drivers are such dickheads to p platers! i'm just as much of a safe driver as i was a bit over a week ago, and people sit on your tail, and people assume that you're shit and love to speed and stuff. grrr.

F2001

HSC
Suicide Warrior said:

do you really think thats for safety?
Do you also think a fair amount of these cars are actually high performance vehicles...

$25/application.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
I passed first try. The testing officer said there really wasn't much he could deduct points off for.

I was happy. I've not been pulled over yet. Only at an RBT on the side of the road. Had cops on my tail, infront of me, pass me and even use me to hide and sneak up on another person.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)