Who thinks Standard Packages' responses are a bit illegible? (1 Viewer)

jet

Banned
HSC
Haha, you haven't seen how we write in the exams either, have you? My writing was horrendous.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Generally the standard of writing of most students in exams deteriorates. Bit of a gross generalisation, but a lot of the kids that do better have 'bad' handwriting, as a lot of them tend to try to fit as many words as they can into X number of minutes. So long as your handwriting is legible, you don't lose any marks for bad handwriting. Technically even if your handwriting is illegible, you don't technically lose any marks for it either - however you would lose marks for fluency if the marker has to ad lib every fourth word or so.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Markers will make every attempt to read what you have written.

HSC
as another generalisation but generally the people who write fast are the people who have a lot to say which a lot of the time results in messy handwriting

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I've observed and looked at a fair few of the standards packages and you will notice some examples with terrible handwriting. Aerath has literally said what I was planning to, that students will try to cram so much writing into a certain amount of minutes and practiced to fit so much as well.

Messy handwriting often occurs as a speed boost in the knowledge that HSC markers to their absolute best to read it.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
That's a lot of time that could be better spent on school work or gaming or out with friends.... That's real dedication XD

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
Then agin it can also be used as a way of comprehending the standards so it can be said to be a study method....sort of.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)