who thinks they have stuffed up??? (1 Viewer)

suger_plum

Banned
In Heads Racing Car Bed!!! You Know You Want Me!!!
HSC
fairydust said:
I think that i have stuffed up my hsc coz i didnt pay attention in the first one and a half terms and i got like 70s and 80s but now im trying to make up for it and im getting 90s but i still wont get what i want.
fairydust, dont fret.
just think of all the other people who havent been paying attention as well. who got in the 60's ect. you are much better of than some of us.
i however am officially screwd!
becasue ive been getting really crap marks, and failing maths!
top of history though! lol! whoo hoo!

FinalFantasy

HSC
Tennille said:
You don't need to get in the 90s for everything to 93. You can get one band 6 and get in to 90s for your UAI. Just depends what subjects you do. Usually subjects that scale you up would do that (eg chem, phys, 3/4 U maths, 3/4 U english, etc).
with 4u maths+phy+chem+2u english, all u need is 80's in everything den u can get like 95

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Alternatively, you could just hack the teacher's PC network and change everyone's ranks ;)

t j

HSC
Tennille said:
You don't need to get in the 90s for everything to 93. You can get one band 6 and get in to 90s for your UAI. Just depends what subjects you do. Usually subjects that scale you up would do that (eg chem, phys, 3/4 U maths, 3/4 U english, etc).
I need to get 90s to bump up my averages to something decent n i dont think my subjects will scale well... 3 unit maths might have but im getting like 25% for it usually coz i havent been doing the work. im doing lots of humantities subjects n i dont think they'll do much for me. my school is so small that rank means nothing. there are only 29 of us in the year and most of my classes have less than 6 ppl in them.

FinalFantasy

HSC
miss_gtr said:
english advanced, pdhpe, sor2, ancient history, ipt and legal studies.
mid 80s (after alignment) for all of those subjects would get u an 87 approximately

FinalFantasy

HSC
miss_gtr said:
huh? i wont get anywhere near 87 for anything..
?? wat do you mean? get mid 80s in all ur subjects den u'll get around 87..

lala2

Banned
HSC
Don't worry about initial ranks. I've jumped in all my subjects by increments of 20 places at least. Trials is what you're looking for, and of course the final HSC exams. In my last bio task, everyone did really badly and I myself didn't get a stellar mark (only 79%, which is not good considering I'm a high 80s person usually), but I ranked 8th out of 85 people! So if your raw marks are bad but your rank is good, then don't worry.

FinalFantasy

HSC
miss_gtr said:
ohhhhhhhhhh! what if u get mid 70s and lower 80s? would that sneak u into a possible low 80 uai, or a high 70?
high 70's definitely, low 80 uai depends which of ur subjects u got the lower 80s

kim_

goan_crazy said:
2 unit maths is gonna f^k me up
average is a fail in that- 48% :eek:

however im going better in all my other subjects
omg same thing here, i absolutely hate maths i cant understand it n i neva get tym to study 4 it

FinalFantasy

HSC
fairydust said:
omg same thing here, i absolutely hate maths i cant understand it n i neva get tym to study 4 it
den y u do maths? don't say cuz of scaling cuz just 2unit maths or lower won't scale u anywhere unless u top it or something:p

tennille

HSC
FinalFantasy said:
den y u do maths? don't say cuz of scaling cuz just 2unit maths or lower won't scale u anywhere unless u top it or something:p
You don't need to top maths to get scaled up. Or in other words, you don't need to get a raw mark in the 90s to get scaled up. :)

FinalFantasy

HSC
Tennille said:
You don't need to top maths to get scaled up. Or in other words, you don't need to get a raw mark in the 90s to get scaled up. :)
hey..but if u get a low band 6 in 2unit maths, u WILL get scaled up but it's minimal..
.: y do it if u "hate" it:p and it doesn't offer good benefits

tennille

HSC
FinalFantasy said:
hey..but if u get a low band 6 in 2unit maths, u WILL get scaled up but it's minimal..
.: y do it if u "hate" it:p and it doesn't offer good benefits
Didn't the raw mark for a band 6 used to be around 94/120? That is in the high 70s. Maths does scale you quite well.

FinalFantasy

HSC
Tennille said:
Didn't the raw mark for a band 6 used to be around 94/120? That is in the high 70s. Maths does scale you quite well.
i mean, even if u get that high 70's (band 6), the subject itself doesn't contribute well to the UAI, not the amount of marks scaled up from the raw mark u got....

thunderdax

I AM JESUS LOL!
HSC
In my mind, if you hate maths and can't understand it, then advanced maths ain't for you. Its as simple as that.

kaylz

HSC
I'm well and truly fkd. I got 0 in one business task because I'm a lazy ass and handed it in a day late...My rankings are crap, and I average about 70. I just put all 70s in to SAM and it told me that I will have a UAI of 51.6 or something. That doesn't even get you into courses at Wollongong!

FinalFantasy

HSC
kaylz said:
I'm well and truly fkd. I got 0 in one business task because I'm a lazy ass and handed it in a day late...My rankings are crap, and I average about 70. I just put all 70s in to SAM and it told me that I will have a UAI of 51.6 or something. That doesn't even get you into courses at Wollongong!
u can't put ur raw school marks into SAM, in the actual thing, it's usually a lot higher

HSC
N/A
^ or lower, but depends on the school.

I got scaled up an average of 15/100 for all my subjects last year... not bad!

FinalFantasy

HSC
yeah some ppl average 60's in all their subjects at school and get 99+UAI

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)