Who thinks they state ranked? (1 Viewer)

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think there will be many people that "think they state ranked" unless they topped James Ruse in Chemistry or something like that.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think there will be many people that "think they state ranked" unless they topped James Ruse in Chemistry or something like that.
+1. Unless you're in the top 2-3 for a subject at one of the top 5 schools, it's almost impossible to tell.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd say, if you're top 5 in Chemistry at James Ruse, you'd very likely to get state rank assuming you don't bomb out externally (which you shouldn't).

Peter-PF7

HSC
N/A
Anyone know when the first in state's get their phone calls? And is our HSC results AND atar found on Students Online website ??

ismeta

HSC
Anyone know when the first in state's get their phone calls? And is our HSC results AND atar found on Students Online website ??
At least two days before the HSC results come out I'd say, the ceremony is usually (?) the day before the results come out.

2xL

HSC
LOL, i think most people who top their cohort have some hope. Personally I think I have quite a high chance for PE. But we'll see.

nifkeh

HSC
I wanna state rank ^_^ (but look at my hsc year -.-)
I'mma tell you, it is pretty hard, but don't lose hope because you have heaps of time to prepare lol :) you literally have to top every assessment pretty much, to be realistic

Ricktatorship

HSC
noob question: does state ranking mean you came first in state, or is it like top 50 or top 100 or something?

Peter-PF7

HSC
N/A
LOL, i think most people who top their cohort have some hope. Personally I think I have quite a high chance for PE. But we'll see.

You think you topped state in PE maybe? Howd you go for multiple choice (what mark outta 20 you think you got?) ...

alyssa21

HSC
N/A
I don't think anyone really can really think that they state-ranked: your performances in the external exams are often so unpredictable! And probably apart from Ruse in Chem/Physics (even that is arguably tenuous, it does depend on the performance of their cohort, and those of other schools), there's no certain thing to suggest that doing well at a 'top' school will 'guarantee' you a state-rank. And often I don't think it's the top-5 schools that have the most state-ranks? (Lots of private schools, by my observation?)

stillthinkin

HSC
I know someone who state ranked this year as in 1st and she went to a school that was in the hundreds and she beat out every other student in the state for a subject with an enourmous cohort. Your school does not always define whether you get it. She said she couldn't believe she got it so goes to show anyone can do well if they try hard enough :D

aoebuaeojaoe

HSC
N/A
I came first in state in a moderately competitive subject this year. My school is low-ranked and my trial/assessment results in the subject were all mediocre. The school you go to doesn't really affect your chances IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)