Who wants a 100 UAI? (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
A 100 UAI opens up a lot of doors- but to me, if it opens up too many doors I have too many options. Even now, I can't make up my mind still as to UTS vs. UNSW!

gman03

HSC
What kind of stuff would you provide your student other than telling them to memorise the syllabus dot point? I am just trying to see why you would be a good choice among some other tutors. If you are just going to give your student dot points per tution than I suggest you make a book out of it. 1 book for each subject = good value. Unless you are the kind of tutor that wants to help people, not rip them off :)

peace

santaslayer

HSC
gman03 said:
What kind of stuff would you provide your student other than telling them to memorise the syllabus dot point? I am just trying to see why you would be a good choice among some other tutors. If you are just going to give your student dot points per tution than I suggest you make a book out of it. 1 book for each subject = good value. Unless you are the kind of tutor that wants to help people, not rip them off :)

peace
sadly, memorising is a significant part of the hsc...in terms of humanity subjects anyway...

L

LaraB

santaslayer said:
sadly, memorising is a significant part of the hsc...in terms of humanity subjects anyway...
lol i'd exclude legal based on the 2004 hsc lol - no one i know had seen a crime prob like that before..totally threw everyone... apparently same wit eco - there was some part of it that was massively hard and unusual.. dunno what tho since i didn't do eco...

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
nit said:
Or it could be just that one gay subject...
poor nit. Your so mean Templar, implying that nit's uai was only a product of hard work not underlying talent.

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
:D

.................................do u think we made him regret his post?...:p

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
sikeveo said:
poor nit. Your so mean Templar, implying that nit's uai was only a product of hard work not underlying talent.
You misread that, I never said or implied anything along that line. I said that 100 was not achievable on hard work alone, and that the person must had some sort of talent to be able to do so. I never said the inverse is true, that anyone who got lower do not have talent and it all came from hard work.

You can be sure that I have the uttermost respect for nit and his level of talent.

playboy2njoy said:
Talent means nothing if you don't study.
That depends on just how talented you are. Archman's achievements in HSC maths were pretty much talent alone, with minimal studying.

xxtrashcatsxx

HSC
hey mushi, how much are you willing to charge? got any experience in teaching yet? which suburb do you live in?

Last edited:

stainmepink

HSC
mushi g said:
If you are looking to top the HSC then you are going to be needing serious work and help which I can provide you with. I am an ex- James Ruse student (just finished this year) and got in my trials:
Bio - 99
Chem - 97
Phys - 98
Maths 3U - 99
Maths 4U - 98
English- 94
If you are looking for personalized from home tution in any of these areas i suggest you REACT FAST and call mushi at 02 96353438 for further enquiries. If you are looking to top, I can help you get there. With the term 4 exams coming up this is an ideal opportunity to start your HSC with a bang. Also a great chance for other years to learn the hsc course even before it starts. This will provide you with in depth knowledge for your future success.
DON"T LET THE HSC HINDER YOU> ACT NOW> CALL MUSHI AT 02 96353438

hello, im interested. enable ur pm so i can pm you.
im interested in chem tutoring, just for the holidays. im in year 11 and i go to sydney girls. pm me.

Last edited by a moderator:
X

xeuyrawp

mushi g said:
I got a 100 projected UAI. Tutoring can never give it? How would you know unless you try me and experience the james ruse difference for yourself?
I want a 100 UAI. Now.

SeDaTeD

HSC
What use is a 100 UAI anyway? Besides a big juicy scholarship? You can't eat a scholarship. But you can eat a big juicy steak. Mmmmmm, steak...

Kutar Maggi

They call me nigga man
HSC
i got 104.95 UAI. come to my tutoring instead. fuken oath, just cause u got that doesnt mean that ur teaching methods will ensure it for potential students (unless you've formulated a new drug that allows a person to memorise entire books just by eating them -- ------ YES at a point i wished that were true :()

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
mushi g said:
The james ruse difference i talk off is the way the teacheres take each point of the sylabbus and mould your answers into 10/10.
I reckon... how good wud that be if all schools had such teachers ?... seems like selective high schools have a lot more resources and good teachers as compared to non-sel state schools... i mean, i went to a state non-selective school, and this is what I had to do:

- English, summarised my own notes, wrote my essays. My teacher used to just come and sit in class, and she could hardly answer the questions I asked, if i asked for example regarding something which could be interpreted as something else, she would go: "Confusing isnt it?" lol she never had an answer!! I went tutoring for eng, but yeh had to go through my essays a million times to make em 100% and i am so proud of that.

- Chem: went through the dot points myself, and wrote out notes from all the resources i had, and then separtley answered all the dot points. The only help i had was my tutor, which was not even one-on-one, twas group. and thats the only place where I got the idea of answering dot points, cos my teacher, after explaining one thing (while not even going through the syllabus, other than giving us a copy of it) used to be like, "now we'll take a break"

- Physics: the teacher was highly inexperienced...he was old, and originally a scientist turned teacher cos unfortunately he lost his job due to redundancy. Half the time he used to tell us something so advance, not even related to the dot points, and even if it was, it was just so advance for a HSC student, twas pointless. But my tutor was really good, he helped out, and whatever i learnt was from that tutor.

- Business Studies: My teacher was good...but yeh business studies is like something one can do by themselves, without much help.

-Maths: my teacher was excellent, a HSC marker/supervisor or sthing along those lines...

so yeh there u go... like i literally did everything myself...and there was no one to 'mould' my answers like it prolly happens in selective schools...

but yeh glad managed to score around about 95....

anyways, i wasn't criticising u mushi... just expressing how i survived with teachers which were not so good... my school didnt have any UAI predictions or stats, cos yeh results vary every year. I guess its just slack... how some schools are privileged over others =\

So yeh the point is, hard work also matters, but yeh if u got great teachers it makes so much of a big difference..

Last edited:

hek_si_la

HSC
N/A
MaP said:
dude

u need to get off your peddlestool. i went to ruse too, but theres NO SUCH THING AS A RUSE EXPERIENCE. ruse is not a UAI factory.

what people need is hard work and dedication.

dont BS bout the ruse crap, cos people like you make us look bad and sound even worse
sorry, couldn't help but notice that. it's spelt pedestal.

perhaps you're in need of this ex-ruser's tuition.

it is james ruse, after all.

aaaman

Banned
HSC
studynoob said:
Who wants a 100 UAI?

Me! i want it! mememememememe *screams and waves hand like crazy*
pfft if you got it now u would of got over it 3 months later

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
hek_si_la said:
sorry, couldn't help but notice that. it's spelt pedestal.

perhaps you're in need of this ex-ruser's tuition.

it is james ruse, after all.
is that teochew...? hek si la..
yeah, me too :( and I've finished my hsc

hey, you sydney siders that actually have access to tutors, half decent tutors, and teachers that actually know more than half of what they're talking about, stop complaining. my teachers sucked, my school sucked, hell, I sucked, but I just gave it my all, and I'll tell you if it worked, in about two weeks time

but imo, yesss, you can get a good uai without tutoring etc but you have to work for it...no pain no gain, anyone...

BobB

HSC
N/A
perfectionist said:
I reckon... how good wud that be if all schools had such teachers ?... seems like selective high schools have a lot more resources and good teachers as compared to non-sel state schools...
actually not really...

the process by which teachers are hired for selective schools are the same as every other school....

selective schools are actually less likley to get 'good quality' teachers as, when non-selective schools establish G&T units which i'm pretty sure is 'expected' now, they have to prove that their teachers are qualified to teach 'smart' kids..

however, a lot of selective schools most the teachers aren't appropriately trained.. i mean.. i know at Baulko a lot of the teachers when i started year 7 were just the same teachers who'd been around since the school was a non-selective and put simply, were widely acknowledged by teh whole school community as being shit tecahers...

and then you get ones like one teacher who admitted to us she got to Baulko coz it had a certain number of transfer points and she had a nervous break down at her last school and coz it was a shitty shcool she got better transfer points so in a way she was being offloaded to Baulko coz she couldn't handle teaching..

so i mean.. with selectives - it depends on the school... i mean yeah there's great teachers but whilst i was at school most the awesome teachers moved schools coz they got promotions, or retired or were lol 'questionably asked to leave' lol... seems like you get the more 'qualified' high up teachers since no selective school would accept a trasnfer into a head teacher or deputy spot from some inexperienced teacher but ordinary positions you get just as many shitty teachers as everywhere else... in fact, you probly get a few more since teachers assum selective schools are a breeze coz kids teach themselves which is the opposite of what they schools are meant to be doing...

L

LaraB

BobB said:
actually not really...

the process by which teachers are hired for selective schools are the same as every other school....

selective schools are actually less likley to get 'good quality' teachers as, when non-selective schools establish G&T units which i'm pretty sure is 'expected' now, they have to prove that their teachers are qualified to teach 'smart' kids..

however, a lot of selective schools most the teachers aren't appropriately trained.. i mean.. i know at Baulko a lot of the teachers when i started year 7 were just the same teachers who'd been around since the school was a non-selective and put simply, were widely acknowledged by teh whole school community as being shit tecahers...

and then you get ones like one teacher who admitted to us she got to Baulko coz it had a certain number of transfer points and she had a nervous break down at her last school and coz it was a shitty shcool she got better transfer points so in a way she was being offloaded to Baulko coz she couldn't handle teaching..

so i mean.. with selectives - it depends on the school... i mean yeah there's great teachers but whilst i was at school most the awesome teachers moved schools coz they got promotions, or retired or were lol 'questionably asked to leave' lol... seems like you get the more 'qualified' high up teachers since no selective school would accept a trasnfer into a head teacher or deputy spot from some inexperienced teacher but ordinary positions you get just as many shitty teachers as everywhere else... in fact, you probly get a few more since teachers assum selective schools are a breeze coz kids teach themselves which is the opposite of what they schools are meant to be doing...
haha i think i know which teacher you mean BobB - PE department and female?

I totally agree like, Dennett n Stokes n all them were awesome but then you got people like the computers teacher - i can't spell his name lol...n the one you mentioned n certain english teachers who were dubbed 'chicken lady'..

its a pity all the best teachers left/are leaving like Willis, n STokes is gone for a year, Steiglers is gone coz a teacher from Crestwood (my little bros at crestwood) announced that she's taking up a deputy position at Baulko next year, and then who could forget Sinclair.. most awesome teacher, pity he had other 'issues'....

PM me coz i think i know you lol :)

L

LaraB

cherryblossom said:
but imo, yesss, you can get a good uai without tutoring etc but you have to work for it...no pain no gain, anyone...
lol to an extent - someone else brought up about natural talent vs hard work/tutoring n all that?

was at a selective school, got high 90s - never got tutored.. ever.... didn't exactly work my ass off - was still summarising and crap the day before HSC exams and all that kinda thing.. basically i didn't work seriously except after trials... and there were heaps at school like that who got high 90s... i mean.. not all selective schools everyone lives to study lol...

but then again there were those who studied like lunchtimes, after school, before school, during free periods, got tutored outa school and then got like, high 80s/low 90s despite working non stop since the start of year 11...

so a lot of it is just natural talent or an ability to memorise stuff if you're one of those psychos who memorises all their essays:p or an ability to pick subjects that you suit and taht scale well blah blah blah...

seems like having natural ability is more important coz yeah you can be tutored to death but if you don't have the capacity to understand the stuff, i mean.. you can't just memorise for everything so you do have to have some kinda of natural intelligence i guess

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)