Who wants to do communications at UTS? (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Who here wants to do a communications course at UTS? Which one?

My first 5 preferences are at UTS. My first is journalism with international studies, followed by journalism, followed by media arts and production with international studies and then without Int Std and then Writing and Comtemporary Cultures with Int Std. I'm pretty sure I'll end up at UTS, so who else here wants to do a UTS communications course?

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
definitely me... my #1 is BA communications (social inquiry)/Law and that is really my ideal course at the moment for what i want to do (politics)... even if its 5 years :(. my other UTS prefs, should i not get the uai for that, are journalism & social inquiry on their own... and if i miss out on those i'll really be bummed

Jinglebell

HSC
I think I'll end up in information management or whatever it's called, since I doubt i'll get the UAI for my other preferences. But i'm gonna be devastated if I don't get into UTS...it's like the only thing I've set my heart on all year, as much as I tried not to!

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
id want to do bcommunication (public communication) but the uai is about 96 so there is no way im getting into that

colosus

HSC
i wanted to do MAP but wont get in caus eof the UAI so ive ended up enrolling at metroscreen film centre and might consider enrolling next year for 2005 MAP. and thats a maybe.:confused:

samantha m

i'm gonna do ba in coms, public coms, and major in PR. it seems to be veery popular though, and i'm competing for an educational disadvantage place, and theres only like 10of them or something.I will be stoked beyong belief if iget in...but my next pref is just a BA at USYD, nore than 10 UAI points below UTS.

psycho_mushy

HSC
hey braindrainedash...

I hope I'll meet u some day if I make it into UTS :(

*10#

hey ash is there anyway you can get into communications courses at UTS if you missed out by a couple of marks

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Originally posted by *10#
hey ash is there anyway you can get into communications courses at UTS if you missed out by a couple of marks
Originally posted by spin spin sugar
nope.
Yeah there isn't any way.... not even if you are a rural or anything. *Crosses fingers that journo cutoff doesn't go up*

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
After going to advisory day at UTS, which I found so helpful, I'm going to do Social Inquiry if I don't get in to journalism.... the journalism lady said that if I did social inquiry with all my electives in journalism it would be a good degree for a journalism career... and social inquiry sounded interesting, I had never really understood what the course was about just by reading about it....

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
soc inquiry sounds great to me, and yeah as the lady said you can still do journalism electives... i think its a good option

p.s i think i saw you yesterday! were you wearing a brown top and a denim skirt/?

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
ahah i forgot to log into uac and so i forgot about putting social inquiry/law in my preferences
hopefully i'll get into one of my top 2 preferences, because 3 onwards i would've changed

how cool is uts

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
its really cool, i didnt get to change my prefs either, i sort of wanted to change my first but i was out til past midnight so ... blah. i hope i still get in to my 2nd (soc inquiry/law)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
p.s i think i saw you yesterday! were you wearing a brown top and a denim skirt/?
Yes lol!!!! Where did u see me?

I changed my prefs while I was at UTS...

I was going to Wollongong to have a look there but I loved UTS so much and I hopefully will get in to social inquiry if I miss out on journo, so I didn't bother going to the gong.

I'm so glad I made the effort to go up there and look, it has made me really enthusiastic about uni, and has helped me get over my dissapointment with my results... everyone there was really helpful and friendly, and I even met this guy there who was from Wodonga (twin city of Albury) and he told me heaps of stuff...

The accomodation rocks!!! It was awesome! The roof (party space) of the new building has Sydney Harbour views!!!!!

Last edited:

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
hey braindrained ash and spin spin! I applied to do soc inquiry/law at UTS too! I hope it is all it's cracked up to be and that I actually get in... i'm reeeaalllly nervous about the 19th of Jan and finding out.

Either way, it's good to know 2 ppl who I may be in the same classes with. Even though we don't really know eachother that well.........or at all come to think of it! lol

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
i think i saw you when you were leaving.. or at least you were leaving the main tower building when i saw you... prolly between 11 & 12 some time :D
Yeah that's when I would have been leaving lol.

Well, we might all end up seeing each other at Social Inquiry at UTS 2004!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)