• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Who will you support in aus open final? (1 Viewer)

I will support _______ in the final.

• Hewitt

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Safin

Votes: 27 62.8%

• Total voters

freakcore

HSC
hewitt definately, he an aussie and you can't say he didn't work his arse off to get to the final and that has to be worth some recognition even if he can be and often is a "pratty punk kid"

HSC
Just made up my mind and I'm going for Hewitt, despite Safin being my favourite player for some 6 or 7 years now.

Still love Safin and always will, it's just that everyone loves him so much now that I'm getting over it, kind of like when a radio kills a good song you've liked for ages and everyone suddenly likes it... it's still good, but not as appealing.

Going for Lleyton purely because of the amount of people who hate him and the fact that he does not give a fuck about it, and rightly so. I used to find him pretty annoying but recently I've started to like him more and more..

Fire up Lleyton!

BTW, predicting Marat to get up in 4... Just too much talent

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
I dislike Hewitt for his on-court antics (showmanship, great...sportsmanship, terrible), but when it all boils down, he is an Aussie, and therefore, I will be going for him tonight.
The mentality of obligatory patriotism annoys me so much. Go SAFIN!!!!

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
muahhahahahahah. cry me a river hewitt fan :D

Go Safin!

did you see the way hewitt handled the footfault call with the linesperson? This kind of behaviour is unacceptable and is a pure embarrassment. (And he is wrong as well....)
*shakes head*

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Survivor39 said:
muahhahahahahah. cry me a river hewitt fan :D

Go Safin!

did you see the way hewitt handled the footfault call with the linesperson? This kind of behaviour is unacceptable and is a pure embarrassment. (And he is wrong as well....)
*shakes head*
i dun blame him.... he has been getting foot faults since the sydney international. but i guess the guy was just doing his job

Collin

HSC
N/A
I went to Hewitt.. but now I'm glad Safin won. I didn't really know Safin very well, so after I watched the presentation I thought 'wow, what a funny guy'. I thought he would be a serious person all the time, since he seems to wield a considerable temper on the court. Plus I reckon he deserved it more after losing 2 previous Aus Open finals.

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
Safin, cause his better personality and he deserves it more..he has 2 runnerups at the aus open

leyton, cause his aussie, but he's already got 2 g'slams and even a runnerup as he is, is still better than nothing...i.e. he never made it past the round of 16s b4

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
me neither thats quite ironic...im glad safin won, i dont mind Lleyton too much but he can easily become irritating

HSC
Safin, because he's Russian, good looking, and talented enough to beat Federer.

Also, I'm sick of seeing Bec Cartwright and hearing the term 'Aussie Kim'... No one cares!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)