Who Works/worked ar Target (1 Viewer)

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
i love working at target....best job, even thou im on registers. however a friend of mine works at Coles and she loves working there too...as does another one of my friends who works at Kmart. i think it depends on which store you are looking at working at?

chepas

HSC
Ah good ole Targé.

Our store's one of the smaller stores, so in a lovely bit of CML cost-cutting Sound Bar and Lay-by are one department - and they kill themselves, especially on weekends when only ONE person does the WHOLE day... Lay-by/Soundbar just CLOSES for when they go on the break. Then they come to me at refunds and complain, god knows why... :rolleyes:

It's not too bad though. I started on registers two weeks before Christmas last year and got refunds trained. Now more or less a permanent fixture at refunds, weekend reg supervisor now effectively. Don't mind the supervisor pay rate at all either... :D. Hurrah for perm PT.

As for what they put you into when they hire you, they more or less have a feel when they interview you what department they'll put you into, so it's bit of a hit and miss affair. In the interview she asked if I was computer literate, which seemed to equate to me being able to use the dinosaur registers, so depending on how you go in the interview might determine where you'll go.

L_RES88

HSC
N/A
I work at target and get paid $9.81 as a 17 year old, the only time they do double time is like after christmas on the 27th and 28th and they give you 4 hours on one day, and if you're lucky you get the second day. But you make so much during the holidays that it doesn't really matter, they get you working 6pm-12am sometimes when nobody is in the store and after a while you get really bored of the job.

As for sound, i asked the manager before he left if i could move over to sound and he said it was fine so long as i asked my home manager which i couldn't really be bothered. But i spoke to a mate who works at k-mart and he said people who were at sound are normally hand picked because they're trusted to work there.

fnkychk

HSC
N/A
I have a job interview for target tomorrow, and I'm really nervous because it's my first interview and I really want the job. Any tips?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
It was mine and I got the job, smile and relax...the person/people interviewing you are being nice, be honest (as any lies will be caught up) and just be confident... good luck :)

L_RES88

HSC
N/A
"Soundbar" is a term that only target people ever use haha. Whenever I say soundbar i get a look like, 'What are you talking about?'
Anyone work at target chatswood, at first when i started working i had no clue, i still dont have much of a clue a year on but i get the jist of it, but why didnt we get training in the first place.... apart from if theirs a bomb or fire we're on the floor with no idea.

annie_sinc

HSC
i worked at target for like 2 years, IT IS SOO BORING!!! i worked at hornsby and chatswood, argh it was alright for the first 2 months then i hated it.

froggy_chik87

HSC
Luke_D said:
I didn't. I haven't worked there for 2 years now but I started out doing nightfill in the Entertainment section (toys, browngoods, CD's/DVD's, promotional). I worked there for a year and never got register training which kinda sucked.
haha, sucked in luke :p

chepas

HSC
Yesterday was the first time I've worked somewhere that wasn't refunds/registers. Was in the back dock splitting pallets because there are 2304293857 that need to be moved before Monday. I've been there 10 months in that little cocoon on refunds, it's such a different world. No customers! :p So nice!

NCL

HSC
Soundbar is shithouse. Im in there and you have to work your arse off in the soundbar. You have to do a bit of everything like work a register, work stock and help customers at the same time. It also doesnt help when you have a tight store and you are the only person in there all Thursday night and Saturday.

I like working at Target because of the people i work with but hate the work.

Spyrax

HSC
N/A
Hello,
I recieved an email for a position in my local Target store afew days ago (the position was available for applying for only afew days). I applied, and today recieved a call from one of the people from Coles. He said that when I am called to an interview to bring my referees and report. He had asked If I had been in an group interview and I had said no. Now, he just said look at my email for updates; My question is will I get an group interview or an one on one interview. And if I get an interview, You rekon I'll get in. My timetable for work includes 1 day off, 5 full and 1 day which includes half of the day available. They currently sent 4 minimum days. I have ok comments from my teachers, I've had abit of school work exp, 2 referees and ok times available for work.

Thanks for your time.

Spyrax

HSC
N/A
btw, is there anyone here who works at Target and how did yous get into Target? One on one interview or group interview or both?

Thanks again for your time.

k35*

HSC
N/A
I got a store interview at Kmart, what should I wear to it?

Tie/shirt or something casual?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i don't think you would need a tie but make sure it's not too casual. nice shirt, nice pants, nice shoes

Spyrax

HSC
N/A
Well, I recieved an interview today at my local Target store on Monday. I believe its an one on one interview, so does anyone know what I could expect from this interview, ie, what questions will they ask me? Are the odds in my favour off recieving the job? thanks for your time.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
i dont remember wat they asked really the hsc fryed my brain, they were basically abt me etc

i got the job and it was my first interview ever

my advice:
-be confident
-smile heaps
- be friendly and polite

adambra

HSC
Got job at Target Roselands. Start Monday. Only did a short 1 on 1 interview.

Spyrax

HSC
N/A
thanks for the replies. Should I include a cover letter with the resume, ie the one I made for Coles Myer when I first applied for any of their jobs? I mean, at the end of the cover letter it says I look forward to seeing you in the interview, but I'll be at the interview so is the coverletter neccessary? They just want my resume I guess. Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

Spyrax

HSC
N/A
adambra said:
Got job at Target Roselands. Start Monday. Only did a short 1 on 1 interview.
Ah congrads, What kind of questions did they ask you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)