Whoever did the Autumn Session timetable for Communications is stupid (1 Viewer)

ZaraKu

HSC
anyone else in the same situation as me?
I go to uni mon, tues and wed...

I only had one day of class in week 6 because of easter (my monday and wednesday classes were called off)
then I went back for week 7
week 8 - hols
week 9 I only go tuesday cause of Anzac day public holiday...

is there really any point in me going to my tuesday class?
I live 5 hours away via public transport, 3 if it's by car (which I have no licence so I can't drive anyway) and the class is a 3 hour lecture and a 1hr tute.

Kinda silly if you ask me.

haylz234

HSC
anyone else in the same situation as me?
I go to uni mon, tues and wed...

I only had one day of class in week 6 because of easter (my monday and wednesday classes were called off)
then I went back for week 7
week 8 - hols
week 9 I only go tuesday cause of Anzac day public holiday...

is there really any point in me going to my tuesday class?
I live 5 hours away via public transport, 3 if it's by car (which I have no licence so I can't drive anyway) and the class is a 3 hour lecture and a 1hr tute.

Kinda silly if you ask me.

I've gotta ask .... if you live in Newcastle, then why do you come all the way to Penrith three times a week? Why didn't you go to Newcastle/move down closer to Penrith?

That is a bitch of a commute.

ZaraKu

HSC
I've been trying to move to syd but I have no rental record so I have no chance of renting a place, I can't afford on campus living, I didn't go to Newey cause I haven't heard a single good thing about their comm. course (plus Newey is a hole and is boring)

Bananaberry

HSC
In all honesty, you cant really call anyone stupid becuase of this situation. 99% of students at UWS live within a decent distance to the uni, so its kind of your fault if you have to travel so far. I lived on campus at UWS and I can tell you, if you cant afford on campus, you wont be able to afford off campus. Why not look for people who are looking for house mates and board with them.

I Study Hard

HSC
Agree with Bananaberry.
I *think* on campus accomodation starts from around $150/week (?)
It's not all that expensive, or if you really want to find something cheaper, find someone who has an extra room in their house or someone who needs a roomate, you will find adverts on the boards around campus. You can probably room with someone for around $100/week.

Bananaberry

HSC
When I was going there I was paying $120 p/w for a furnished 4 bedroom villa on campus, which included utilities (had to pay for food and everything else).
You could probably get a share house for that much p/w or less (depending on how many people you share with)

ZaraKu

HSC
My boyfriend and I are looking for share housing, and he's not a student so on campus living is out of the question anyway. we've actually been looking for somewhere to live since feburary, but I have no rental record, so that's been a right pain in the ass, so we've been staying at his aunt's place at Meadowbank but we really need our own place.

Bananaberry

HSC
Even if you get a letter from your boyfriends aunt saying you lived there and paid x amount (even if you dont) for x amount of time, that can still be counted as something to back your rental history up. When I first started renting I lived I got my parents to write a letter like that saying I was paying board, and also one of my friends who I was lived with too and I was paying board.

magickmidget

HSC
N/A
I've been trying to move to syd but I have no rental record so I have no chance of renting a place, I can't afford on campus living, I didn't go to Newey cause I haven't heard a single good thing about their comm. course (plus Newey is a hole and is boring)
I lived in Port Macquarie and moved for uni. Looked on gumtree.com.au for share accommodation and lived in Werrington Downs for a year. Easy as pie. 20-40 minutes to uni (it was five minutes by car but I don't have one) by bus/train.

Live in the Blue Mountains now, takes me two and a half hours by public transport. But I have my reasons for living here. Suck it up and move or quitchabitchin'.

As for the timetable, I missed two TV and radio classes this semester 'cause of Easter and Anzac day and the break in the middle. My TV group did work anyway. You just have to deal with it and work around 'cause guess what? There's public holidays every year and everybody has to put up with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)