who's better at 4unit maths?-boys or girls (1 Viewer)

Who is better at 4unit maths, boys or girls

• boys

Votes: 41 69.5%
  • girls

Votes: 18 30.5%

• Total voters

rx72c

In my school there are 9 students in our class and the bottom 3 are girls and a boy comes first one girl comes second and the rest are boys.

Mustard9999

Originally posted by stinger
i thought it was common knowledge

boys maths

girls english
i definately agree, at my school top half of the class in maths are boys whereas like the top 15 out of 80 in english are filled by girls.....stupid mandatory english.....grr

Excalibur

I totally agree with "Mathematician" not that it applies to many ppl,on this site but how many boys actually try!!!!
I don't really think i shud go around tellin chicks they are stupid but in general i just think boys are better at mathematics, brain chemistry or sumthin. And if the stats don't agree with me then HA to them coz most boy don't try as hard as chicks!!!

JOhnNiLiCiouS

HSC
It's just like a stereotypical maths genious, I imagine a short five foot... something GUY, with gigantic glasses, notepad and pencil in shirt pocket, a ginormous (Gigantic + Enormous) head, scurring around trying to avoid the sunlight.

NOW,... i could not possibly imagine it if it was a girl...

Affinity

HSC
Originally posted by JOhnNiLiCiouS

NOW,... i could not possibly imagine it if it was a girl...
hmm obviously hollywood has not had an impact on you

N

ND

Originally posted by JOhnNiLiCiouS
It's just like a stereotypical maths genious, I imagine a short five foot... something GUY, with gigantic glasses, notepad and pencil in shirt pocket, a ginormous (Gigantic + Enormous) head, scurring around trying to avoid the sunlight.
Actually i have met the two maths geniuses on this board, and let me assure you that the stereotype is not correct (in this case at least).

JOhnNiLiCiouS

HSC
(...takes a deep breath)

Was trying to be funny... but don't seem to be...

(quickly scurries off with his calculator and maths book to the corner) :rofl:

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
well all the girls dropped out of 3/4 unit. I think that answers the question!

mercury

.:: Hg ::.
HSC
Out of the top ppl in maths, half half at my school... it depends on what kind of boy you are and what kind of girl you are.
we have female and male scientists/mathematicians, the balance is not yet right because of historical reasons, but i believe it will change.

bob_the_catdog

my 4 unit class has 4 girls and 2 guys and 2 of the girls always finish 1st,2nd. It's a bit of a mix up from there

ricenoodles

HSC
Originally posted by kimmeh
the boys in my 4 unit class are kicking us girls :|
but we kick their asses in everything else ahahha
so true :) well...dunno about the kicking ass in everything else bit though :p

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Just look at the list of ppl who had the highest 4u mark for each year, it was David Chan last year I think, and mostly boys for the rest of the years ;)

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Mustard9999

actually, the right brain (science and maths) is the female brain!

i know..i was pretty shocked too, but theoretically thats what it supposed to be...

its a fact that more guys do 4u maths than girls....so ofcourse the chances of them getting top ranks are higher, however the girls i know that do 4u, are really really good at it

:)

turtle_2468

HSC
Hmm... I don't think so. :p
So why do more guys do 4U maths than girls? You would do 4U maths if you were good at it right? So it makes sense that heaps of girls would do 4U maths if they were good at it relative to english. Which they don't.
Of course, there is the possibility that they are better than us in english and much much better in maths. But I doubt that..

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
My 4unit class was donimated by boys since there were only 3 girls. this year it seems quite balanced, there are still many more boys but the girls are reaching quite high ranks ie. 2nd, 4th

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
historically speaking- boys for sure (by a mile) are better at maths than girls...

but anyway u c lots of girls getting better than boys bcoz of the fact that they work their buts off...hey thats my opinion.:D

Kurby

HSC
N/A
i heard a girl topped 3 & 4 unit maths at James Ruse or something..

but besides that, GUYS RULE!!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)