Who's doing a second language HSC course (merged) (1 Viewer)

Do you learn another language besides English?

• Total voters

HKHSCstudent

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm interested to find out how many people are doing a second langage HSC / Preliminary course besides English? :)
Feel free to talk about the language you are learning. In my school, there's French and Chinese besides English.

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
Re: Who's doing a second language HSC course

I'm doing German, but i would have rather done Japanese. But our school doesn't offer it, and i'm not a fan of distance education.

Our school currently offers French and German. it used to offer Indonesian and chinese, but there aren't that many asians in our school, and interest in those languages kind of waned over time..... So, they got scrapped. :(

But german is really fun! :) except for having to learn all the grammar/vocab correctly.... and i kinda suck at listening tests..... i've never had a good ear for old hokey german voices...

yosemite sam

HSC

i got me some sweet, sweet italian by disatnce ed. i started french last year but our class was cut so i just stuck with italian. italian is easily my worst subject but its the only subject that i'll really be able to use when i finish school so im still glad i took it.

HSC

yeah i'm doing my french continuers HSC this year.
and i'm in year 11.
i find that i'm doing quite well, even though i don't work as hard as i am in extension maths.

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC

I wish I was doing classical greek or latin....seriously.
I would love too.
=)
Go Minnn2...ace the HSC for french continuers. Come first in state. I believe in you
=)

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A

Ich bin doing German.

/fail

porquoispas

HSC
i'm doing french and spanish continuers... i'm thinking of dropping one for year 12.. which 1 do u guys think would b better 2 keep in terms of scaling and stuff?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Would have loved to do German, but school didn't offer it.

cs01001

HSC
It's some Saturday School, not too sure on details. Its a shame its not offered in Cantonese :( Gayness

James747

HSC
I do Japanese Beginners through Open High! Anyone here an OHS'er as well?

Wanted to do French at skool, but classes didn't run. ==" Skool offers Modern Greek and Chinese Background Speakers (tonnes of intl students at my skool).

steban

violin dude
HSC
GO JAPANESE!!!

i do jap...i aced it in yr 8 but didnt pick it up as an yr 9 and 10 elective due to line problems...and now im stuck in beginner japanese, wish i could have done japanese continuers..cause beginners is sooo easy.

I go to a language's school (Blakehurst) and i find that we dont have much languages...= =. we only have like...7 or sumthin. shouldnt a language school have like...most of them languages..? or am i just expecting too much..?

i think we have like..

Japanese
French
Italian
Greek
German (rare)*
Latin (rare)*
Chinese (background only)

and we use to have indonesian but the teacher who taught it left.

How many languages does your school offer..?

*rare= i dun think anyone has ever like taken it as a senior subject, only taught in the junior years.

cs01001

HSC
A school dedicated for language study, though I could be wrong

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
They send you packages to work from, CDs, telephone lessons, you send them back and the teacher marks them for you.

My friends are doing Open High in Japanese.

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
cs01001 said:
It's some Saturday School, not too sure on details. Its a shame its not offered in Cantonese :( Gayness
LOL cs1001: we be eating dim sum at the dai pai dong in Mong Kok!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)