Who's doing year 12 again? (1 Viewer)

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
fishy89sg said:
you sure??? i thought they count your higher marks
I second that, he's right. If you go worse your second year on a repeated subject, you are stuck with those marks and also the lower UAI. I was going to repeat Pd/h cos I completed it my first year of pathways (so i was going to be in school an extra year either way) but decided against it incase I did worse - imagine the regret! That's why it's not worth it.

Omg, DeathB4Life just reading your description of the HSC made me feel sick lol :eek:

fishy89sg

HSC
oh snap... this is gonna cause of alot of earthquakes caused by me

Chaosenigma

HSC
Check if your school has pathways, that lets you break up your subjects, e.g. 6unit's in one year, 6 when you repeat (so that you dont need to repeat the subjects you dun good @ ^_^)

Notbothered

HSC
hey krizzle.....r u srs dat dey take an average of ur 1st uai n ur 2nd uai if u were 2 repeat n dats da mark ur stuck wit.....coz i've bin considering repeatin n all i noe dat it is ur 2nd uai dat counts in dat situation but i had no idea dat they take an average of ur uai's.....coz if dats tha case i may aswell not do the hsc exams this yr n jst do it next yr......can u plzzzz confirm whether itz tru or not....coz im havin a stroke right now....thanks

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
Notbothered said:
hey krizzle.....r u srs dat dey take an average of ur 1st uai n ur 2nd uai if u were 2 repeat n dats da mark ur stuck wit.....coz i've bin considering repeatin n all i noe dat it is ur 2nd uai dat counts in dat situation but i had no idea dat they take an average of ur uai's.....coz if dats tha case i may aswell not do the hsc exams this yr n jst do it next yr......can u plzzzz confirm whether itz tru or not....coz im havin a stroke right now....thanks
They don't take an average of the 2 UAI's, they take the second one - regardless of whether it ends up being higher or lower than the first. You'd may as well do the exams this year, you never know how you might go!

Notbothered

HSC
ohk thanks sprinkles....yeh thats wot i thought aswell....that they only take ur 2nd mark regardless of whether it was worse or betta den ur 1st mark.......dats wot i thought till i was readin this forum and i read sumthin from a person named krizzy sayin dat dey take an average of the two marks....yeh but u sure they don't.....i mean couldnt it b dat they do but they dnt tell u....i noe it sounds stupid ...lol like u noe how dey dnt reali open up 2 u bout scaling and how it works etc ...will dis could b one of dose things dat dey dnt tell u.....i dnt noe...*sigh*

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
I'm sure! I did pathways, and then almost had to redo my subjects from last year again, so I had all that stuff explained :)

So basically, they calculate your UAI based on your newest results for a subject, so if you repeated something they'd use those marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)