who's done their HSC trials- modern history yet? (1 Viewer)

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Im doing mine on Friday too cos its a CSSA as well. Does anyone have any idea whats going to be asked? My teacher didnt give us any idea so i have to study like, evrything . argh.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
playboy2njoy said:
well from what ive seen from past hsc's and cssa exams, section one will require a knowledge of world war one but not too detailed, if you can outline reasons for why things happend you should be fine, section two will require a detailed knowledge of nazi germany (or whatever other topic uve studied) and your personality, and three will require a moderately detailed knowledge on the international case study (in my case cold war).

Oh ok :) Thanx. I was just confused thats all, i have to print off some past exam papers then. I dnt have any cos my teacher has given us any. So im preety unfamiliar with the format. Im doing Russia and Trotsky, and South Africa but ive got my notes all done, just need to improve my source analysis skills- im preety shit at that.

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
my teacher just said good luck in the exams
and i think whats in the exams are
ww1, ww2, conflict the pacific etc etc

dr3amy

i did trials today
question for WWI were- propaganda & total war

Ger- explain the collapse of democracy OR asssess whether Ger was totalitarian state or something

Cold war- policies adopted by governments of US & USSR in response to the coldwar 1945-1962

OR
something like summit meetings 1970as-1980s in ending the cold war

i think its highly likely that this yr hsc will have total war/ propaganda/breaking the stalemate/ recruitment for WWI because those are prety much the ones that havent been tested, dont think they'll have question on purpose & intent of league of nations:s thats a bit stupid

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
Hmm I heard that there was going to be a total war question for WW1 in the CSSA Trial about a week and a half ago.. And low and behold, there was. We didn't do the CSSA exam though.

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
Oh yeah, we did our Trial before the CSSA trial.. and from the looks of things, all our questions except the WW1 questions were identical.

Doesn't that mean it's the same situation as Cheltenham with the English Trials? I mean, anyone doing the CSSA exam could've asked us the question we had, and then studied them, and been prepared for their exam.

jennylim

HSC
Jayphen said:
Hmm I heard that there was going to be a total war question for WW1 in the CSSA Trial about a week and a half ago.. And low and behold, there was. We didn't do the CSSA exam though.
no there wasn't. it was about technology being used to break the stalemate (for q2) and then about leadership in ww1 (altho that was just the scenario for the reliable and useful). if it had been total war i would have been much happier, though - that's what i'd prepared for. hmph.

HSC
We had our exam last friday

WW1: We had Q's on changing attitudes over time and an analysis ofr Haig's military strategy (which I seem to think was in a past HSC paper...:<)

USSR: We had to do either
a) Assess the view that Marxist ideals were sacrificed in the Bolshevik consolidation of power or
b) Something about totalitrianism/cult of personality ( I did the other one)

Trotsky was
a)Outline the main events in his life (as always)
b)Something like, evaluate the extent to which Trotsky was a successful revolutionary.

Cold War
a)Discuss the factors that contributed to what became known as the "Cold War" between 1945 and 1960.
b)A very broad question on the crises - I think it was just asking how one of them related to the Cold War.

It was a pretty good (cougheasycough) exam overall...I was happy with it.

miss cherry

- ladidaaaa -
HSC
we did ours on monday, it was an ok exam i guess. we had totalli different questions from the cssa ones, well from what's been posted anyway. they were:

ww1: reasons for the changing attitude of soldiers towards the war

germany: assess the extent of social and cultural transformation by the nazi govt, period 1933-41
OR
account for continued support for the war on the homefront until 1945, or something like that.

indochina: how influential was the 1964 tonkin incident on american involvement in vietnam for the period 1955-1968,
and i forgot the other choice.

the speer questions for germany was weird. the first was the usual describe his career and the other was something abt to what extent was his career dependant on that of others or something like that.

anyways, good luck to anyone who hasnt done their mh trial yet :D

Shanan

Lumen Ex Tenebris
HSC
How did everyone go in their trial????? I got 89% all up - screwed my indochina question becasue i didnt have any historians.
Can anyone tell me if you need the Australian perspective of the Veitman war??? (the second one!), the syllabus says yes but my HSC marker Teacher says no???????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)