• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Whos Going to UOW ' discovery day' (2 Viewers)

tahls--

HSC
I was meant to be going, picked creative writing courses among other ones that i can't even remember, but now my school has pulled out due to the fact our swimming carnivals on thursday.
Which made me think hmmm. Whats more important. My future or the swimming carnival thats held at night anyway which we'd probably make it back for.
I was really looking forward to going as well :(

kthxbambi

HSC
they have food places? i've been there once to buy a UOW jumper, even though im trying to get into UNSW lolz
the jumper is nice tho
but anyway, i didnt see food places...how many schools are gonna be there on wednesday?

HSC
kthxbambi said:
they have food places? i've been there once to buy a UOW jumper, even though im trying to get into UNSW lolz
the jumper is nice tho
but anyway, i didnt see food places...how many schools are gonna be there on wednesday?
the majority of foodplaces (and the unibar) are near the unicentre (where you would've got your jumper)

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Without Wings said:
lol of course they have food places :) I think there's 12? places on campus that sell food/drinks.
Do you know anything about the discovery day on monday without wings?
by that i mean as to whether the classes are of 200 students, or divided ect.

or whether the campus sells MD?

seano77

Walk On
HSC
My whole grade is going on Monday too. And we have to wear our uniforms (private school, tie etc). And it looks like I'm doing same lectures as you Risole91; philosophy, social and emotional intelligence, millionare by 18 etc. And yes, we have to be at school by 7.15am. Apparently my teacher said UOW are thinking of boosting shire bonus to 5 UAI points.

Not bad, eh?

Cya there.

HSC
risole91 said:
Do you know anything about the discovery day on monday without wings?
by that i mean as to whether the classes are of 200 students, or divided ect.

or whether the campus sells MD?
It depends what classes you do. I went to some in regular classrooms and others were in the larger lecture halls. Whichever one you go to they tend to be full though.

On reading this thread it looks like the vast majority of people will be going to a large lecture hall with a couple of hundred people in it. Basically if you picked something like "millionaire by 18" you will have someone telling you about commerce degrees and if theres something about numbers they will tell you about maths degrees and "social and emotional intelligence" it will be psychology. There will be someone telling you about their degrees and then they do a demonstration lecture, not too much to it at all really.

But there are classes about exchange, a class where you just talk to current uni students about what they do and stuff I can't remember what else there was. If you're someone who is doing a class like that its small and it will be a classroom like environment really.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
seano77 said:
My whole grade is going on Monday too. And we have to wear our uniforms (private school, tie etc). And it looks like I'm doing same lectures as you Risole91; philosophy, social and emotional intelligence, millionare by 18 etc. And yes, we have to be at school by 7.15am. Apparently my teacher said UOW are thinking of boosting shire bonus to 5 UAI points.

Not bad, eh?

Cya there.
oh sweet as man.
ahh what do they consider the shire?

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
watatank said:
It depends what classes you do. I went to some in regular classrooms and others were in the larger lecture halls. Whichever one you go to they tend to be full though.

On reading this thread it looks like the vast majority of people will be going to a large lecture hall with a couple of hundred people in it. Basically if you picked something like "millionaire by 18" you will have someone telling you about commerce degrees and if theres something about numbers they will tell you about maths degrees and "social and emotional intelligence" it will be psychology. There will be someone telling you about their degrees and then they do a demonstration lecture, not too much to it at all really.

But there are classes about exchange, a class where you just talk to current uni students about what they do and stuff I can't remember what else there was. If you're someone who is doing a class like that its small and it will be a classroom like environment really.
oh sweet thanks!

Prosper

HSC
risole91 said:
oh sweet as man.
ahh what do they consider the shire?
the shire is the "Sutherland Shire" council district and is pretty much the first place you go to north of wollongong (i.e. the entry point to sydney if you were coming from wollongong)

if they increase it to 5 that will mean if i want a b commerce at uow i only need.....75 for a UAI.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
curse coming from the campbelltown area.
wooo, no school tomorrow.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
i went today, it was good
the law * razzle dazzle ect* was the best.
the economics teacher was heaps funny.
and they do sell mountain dew.

what did everyone else think of it?

seano77

Walk On
HSC
That economics teacher was, umm.. how do i say it, not what i thought a uni lecturer would be like. T-shirt? Cream baggy pants? Bogan aussie accent. But philosophy was mad and it was good getting to know the campus etc. The Uni seems great in most respects. Easy to get around, good food, places to chill, good lecture halls. Not sure about the quality of lecturers though.. I had two that were not so great, one that was average and one that was good.

Last edited:

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
risole91 said:
i went today, it was good
the law * razzle dazzle ect* was the best.
the economics teacher was heaps funny.
and they do sell mountain dew.

what did everyone else think of it?
Hey Aaron, were you sitting in the back row for the Economics one? :eek:

Nutrition and Psychology were probably the best ones for me. Was a pretty good day, apart from the shithouse weather :/.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
seano77 said:
That economics teacher was, umm.. how do i say it, not what i thought a uni lecturer would be like. T-shirt? Cream baggy pants? Bogan aussie accent. But philosophy was mad and it was good getting to know the campus etc. The Uni seems great in most respects. Easy to get around, good food, places to chill, good lecture halls. Not sure about the quality of lecturers though.. I had two that were not so great, one that was average and one that was good.
LOL you know the guy that gave the definition of economics?
he goes to my school.
how gay did he sound.
and then the teachers like ahhh yeah dude HAHAHAHAA
i didnt stop laughing at the gayness of my mate.

the teacher was a doctorate, and he wore a quicksilver shirt and that as you said.
but he seemed cool.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Faytle said:
Hey Aaron, were you sitting in the back row for the Economics one? :eek:

Nutrition and Psychology were probably the best ones for me. Was a pretty good day, apart from the shithouse weather :/.
yes i was, did you see me?
why didnt you say hello?

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
risole91 said:
yes i was, did you see me?
why didnt you say hello?
Hahah, I wasn't sure if it was you or not! Wanted to say hey after the lecture but you disappeared pretty fast :p.

risole91 said:
LOL you know the guy that gave the definition of economics?
he goes to my school.
how gay did he sound.
and then the teachers like ahhh yeah dude HAHAHAHAA
i didnt stop laughing at the gayness of my mate.
LOL, he cracked me up!

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Faytle said:
Hahah, I wasn't sure if it was you or not! Wanted to say hey after the lecture but you disappeared pretty fast :p.

LOL, he cracked me up!
yeah it was my with the bright blue jumper/jetsons shirt lol.
i sat up the back in the two gay seats.
where were you sitting?
we rushed of to the food court for lunch.

yeah how funny was it, i fell over laughing.
to think i nearly say next to him!

haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)