whos going to win NRL (1 Viewer)

Whos going to win NRL

• Total voters

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Storm had a gritty win over the Eels, and the Eels played damn well.

No doubt Bellamy was not impressed by the way Melbourne lacked enthusiasm and dropped intensity in the second half, although as has been the case throughout the season, they were able to dig in when it mattered. Good defence, but pathetic attack and intensity.

No doubt the two week break for both the Storm and Bulldogs will only strengthen their chances in meeting in the grand final. Both coaches have a week longer than the other teams to improve their games and work on game plays, which I have no doubt Bellamy will drill into the Storm. The Bulldogs played well on the weekend and had a good win in poor conditions, although im not sure what Steve Folkes would be focusing on in these next two weeks.

As for the others, I dont want to write them off by any means, but Manly and Brisbane seem to be a level below the Storm and Bulldogs, and Newcastle will feel the effects of having no Danny Buderus and overall im not convinced they could see themselves playing in the Grand Final. St George are the perennial chokers, although I still rate them and they looked dangerous on the weekend.

Maybe a rematch of the 1999 Grand Final?

HotShot

-_-
HSC
blue_chameleon said:
Storm had a gritty win over the Eels, and the Eels played damn well.

No doubt Bellamy was not impressed by the way Melbourne lacked enthusiasm and dropped intensity in the second half, although as has been the case throughout the season, they were able to dig in when it mattered. Good defence, but pathetic attack and intensity.

No doubt the two week break for both the Storm and Bulldogs will only strengthen their chances in meeting in the grand final. Both coaches have a week longer than the other teams to improve their games and work on game plays, which I have no doubt Bellamy will drill into the Storm. The Bulldogs played well on the weekend and had a good win in poor conditions, although im not sure what Steve Folkes would be focusing on in these next two weeks.

As for the others, I dont want to write them off by any means, but Manly and Brisbane seem to be a level below the Storm and Bulldogs, and Newcastle will feel the effects of having no Danny Buderus and overall im not convinced they could see themselves playing in the Grand Final. St George are the perennial chokers, although I still rate them and they looked dangerous on the weekend.

Maybe a rematch of the 1999 Grand Final?
dragons have little chance without gasnier.. pretty much a one team i reckon.. storm will not win.. bulldogs will always remain favourites with players like hazem, sonny bill etc.. who are very consistent hard to dismiss them.. knights with johns can tear apart any team with a bit of luck.. why manly.. have nothin to lose and everythint to gain.. will be a surprise..

as for broncos.. if they can get some form back.. and momentum a gud win.. rather than close one than they will be strong contenders.

SarahMary

*Procrastination Central*
HSC
Dragons!!! I'd love to believe it. Rematch of the '99 Grand Final (NO F-ing penalty try this time though. I'm still cranky about that)
Probably won't happen though.
If we decimate Manly this weekend, I'll be happy

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
SarahMary said:
Dragons!!! I'd love to believe it. Rematch of the '99 Grand Final (NO F-ing penalty try this time though. I'm still cranky about that)
Probably won't happen though.
If we decimate Manly this weekend, I'll be happy
hear hear! dragons all the way. :)
i can name the whole dragons (without cheating. i swear)

Greenshields, Naiqama,Gasnier,Cooper,Morris,Barrett,Head/Hornby, umm Ryles, Bailey, Bickerstaff, Timmins...erm. yeah...

point being. it can't be a one man team. it's like. full of starsssss. GUS GOULD tips the dragons. you can't go wrong him.... unless he jumps off the building.

blue_chameleon

HSC
timlay said:
hear hear! dragons all the way. :)
i can name the whole dragons (without cheating. i swear)

Greenshields, Naiqama,Gasnier,Cooper,Morris,Barrett,Head/Hornby, umm Ryles, Bailey, Bickerstaff, Timmins...erm. yeah...

point being. it can't be a one man team. it's like. full of starsssss. GUS GOULD tips the dragons. you can't go wrong him.... unless he jumps off the building.
Yeah, right ok, umm........

you should definately see someone about that.

blue_chameleon

HSC
HotShot said:
...storm will not win.. bulldogs will always remain favourites with players like hazem, sonny bill etc.. who are very consistent hard to dismiss them..
The Bulldogs can be an awesome team when everyone is on their game, especially with El Masri, Sonny Bill, and Willy Mason etc etc, no one is doubting that, because they got second place in the minor premiership.

I cant see how you can write off the Storm so quickly when they have the likes of Billy Slater, Greg Inglis, Cameron Smith (Dally M Winner of the year), Cooper Cronk (Best halfback of the year), and Bellamy (Coach of the year). Obviously these awards are given to the best players in the league, and for one team to get three major awards, is a pretty big achievement and more importantly, says a lot about the team.

Im dont think the Storm have the premiership in the bag by any means, and there are teams that can still blitz these finals in the remaining six teams. Im just pointing out both why I think they will win, as opposed to simply saying "they will win".

Last edited:

Gangels

HSC
The Roosters will win the Premiership................somehow........God Knows how. Maybe next year.

I've got 30 bucks on Melbourne Storm. Its been a while and i wanna see St George go down.

lengy

HSC
Dragon's play well even when alot of their good players are in the game but they've been in so many semi finals and still haven't won. I'm happy as long as they thrash the next team, Manly Sea Eagles I think.

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
HotShot said:
manly to thump st george
I can ascertain two things from you comments..

Firstly that you don't know much about footy (re: your coments saints are a one man team)..

Secondly that you dislike the dragons...

The fact remains that any of the teams that are left can win it.. the past seven seasons are testament to that. Each week, previous form, team composition and the like all go out the window.. it really just depends on which team turns up on the day ready to play their heart out for the full 80 minutes..

Last edited:

blue_chameleon

HSC
Im predicting that all the remaining games left in the competition will be won by 18 points or less. Like frog said, finals football is completey different to week by week matches throughout the season.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
My prediction: Bulldogs v Melbourne grand final.

The Bulldogs are my premiership favourites. Although I am slightly concerned by the injuries to Asotasi, Tonga, Grimaldi and Maitua...I still believe that we have enough class to go all the way. We have the best forward pack in the NRL. Few teams boast a pack that even comes close to comparing with the likes of Mason, O'meley, Ryan, Sonny Bill, Myles, etc. We also have the best goalkicker in the NRL in El Masri. I believe that only a few points separates the remaining teams...and his goalkicking prowess could be decisive.

Of the other remaining teams...I would have to name Melbourne as the team most likely to go all the way. They have been the benchmark all season. They are the most consistent side in the NRL and it is no coincidence that they finished the regular season as minor premiers. I believe that they should go on to make the grand final.

The Dragons, of course, are another team that I refuse to write off simply because of all of their star players and impressive form of late. My only concern about them is whether or not they will be able to overcome their bogey team (Melbourne) in the semi-finals? They must first beat Manly tomorrow night though.

Newcastle are also in with a chance even despite the loss of Buderus. With Andrew Johns controlling the plays...they are capable of anything.

As for Brisbane and Manly...they too are decent sides. It is no coincidence that they have made it this far...but I expect both of them to be knocked out this weekend.

Bulldogs to be premiers in 2006!!!

matt#1

HSC
N/A
My prediction: Bulldogs v Melbourne grand final.

The Bulldogs are my premiership favourites. Although I am slightly concerned by the injuries to Asotasi, Tonga, Grimaldi and Maitua...I still believe that we have enough class to go all the way. We have the best forward pack in the NRL. Few teams boast a pack that even comes close to comparing with the likes of Mason, O'meley, Ryan, Sonny Bill, Myles, etc. We also have the best goalkicker in the NRL in El Masri. I believe that only a few points separates the remaining teams...and his goalkicking prowess could be decisive.

Of the other remaining teams...I would have to name Melbourne as the team most likely to go all the way. They have been the benchmark all season. They are the most consistent side in the NRL and it is no coincidence that they finished the regular season as minor premiers. I believe that they should go on to make the grand final.

The Dragons, of course, are another team that I refuse to write off simply because of all of their star players and impressive form of late. My only concern about them is whether or not they will be able to overcome their bogey team (Melbourne) in the semi-finals? They must first beat Manly tomorrow night though.

Newcastle are also in with a chance even despite the loss of Buderus. With Andrew Johns controlling the plays...they are capable of anything.

As for Brisbane and Manly...they too are decent sides. It is no coincidence that they have made it this far...but I expect both of them to be knocked out this weekend.

Bulldogs to be premiers in 2006!!!

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
HotShot said:
dragons have little chance without gasnier.. pretty much a one team i reckon..
HotShot said:
manly to thump st george
ROFLMFAO.

The number of times you have made yourself look like an absolute idiot on these forums still ceases to amaze me.

You seem to have wanted to develop a reputation as the BOS-Know-Everything-About-Every-Sport-Guy .. except for the minor inconvenience that you seem to know so little about most of the sports.

Ah well .. everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)