who's got the best part time job while at uni? (1 Viewer)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Haha, I am a Domino's Pizza Delivery Boy. It is the worst job ever:mad:!

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
IT department, its awesome because they let me work whenever i want. Im currently on temp leave until uni holidays. Working weekends is awesome because i sit on msn and bos all day since theres nothing to do but sit and monitor the PC's for errors.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
acmilan said:
IT department, its awesome because they let me work whenever i want. Im currently on temp leave until uni holidays. Working weekends is awesome because i sit on msn and bos all day since theres nothing to do but sit and monitor the PC's for errors.
omg awesome job...

i work at this printing store's head office, doing accounts receivable work...
sometimes quite tiring and the pay ain't great...

L

LaraB

lol i have to say i have the best 'job' lol

i got scholarships so to get paid i just gotta turn up to uni, pass each subject and get a GPA of 5 which i was sorta aimingfor as a minimum anyways..

i start working end of 3rd year tho after ive graduated from my Business half of my course coz i have 2 jobs lined up 4 then ... they in legal firms so they said that i could start this year, but there wouldnt b much point since you dont really know anything substantial til 3rd yr to make it worthwhile but its nice to know the jobs waitging so i dont have to worry about job serachin later and the scholarships are nice to have coz i know i dont desperately need to work to survive lol:p

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
LaraB said:
lol i have to say i have the best 'job' lol

i got scholarships so to get paid i just gotta turn up to uni, pass each subject and get a GPA of 5 which i was sorta aimingfor as a minimum anyways..

i start working end of 3rd year tho after ive graduated from my Business half of my course coz i have 2 jobs lined up 4 then ... they in legal firms so they said that i could start this year, but there wouldnt b much point since you dont really know anything substantial til 3rd yr to make it worthwhile but its nice to know the jobs waitging so i dont have to worry about job serachin later and the scholarships are nice to have coz i know i dont desperately need to work to survive lol:p
that sounds good but your not working a real job atm or you are? thats pretty sexy having a job waiting for you end of third year... what are u going to be doing in the legal firms?

adsta

HSC
I teach guitar three days a week.
And thats probably all I will be doing because my degree means crap all now

Last edited:
L

LaraB

clairegirl said:
that sounds good but your not working a real job atm or you are? thats pretty sexy having a job waiting for you end of third year... what are u going to be doing in the legal firms?
lol well its not really "waiting" i guess..i gotta keep up a GPA of 5 but since i need that for the scholarships anyways its no biggy

nah im not working atm which was what i planned if i got the scholarships coz i didnt wanna hafta be worryting about work and uni in 1st year since there's an opportunity not to.

It's mostly paralegal type work... the general idea of it wa sthat if i work there doing that kinda work i'll be able to see 1st hand more what each specific area ie family, ER, coroporate crim blah blah blah entails so it'll help too with picking electives for 4th n 5th year

so yeah the work aint too exciting but keeps a lota doors open for future n helps in those decision - lol plus i score free tutors in a way:)

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
The paralegals I deal with through work are all retards.
Most of them haven't even been to uni.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I get paid $100+ a week to sit on my arse and do SFA.:D

*hugs the government

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
I get paid $100+ a week to sit on my arse and do SFA.:D

*hugs the government
So you're part of a group that worships Shaq and fights racist, fistinites, and other evil?

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
omg that dictionary is soooo cool....

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
I'm a registered respite carer for kids with disabilities.....

So once the kids are in bed I pull out my uni work and get paid to get assignments done... :)

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
PrincessSJ said:
I'm a registered respite carer for kids with disabilities.....

So once the kids are in bed I pull out my uni work and get paid to get assignments done... :)
That snds like an alright job. I know someone who teaches mentally disabled kids...like really ezy maths...2+2=4 and gets $50/hr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)