who's "into" hip-hop? (1 Viewer)

N.U.G.

HSC
any hip-hop heads here?

if so, do you or don't you listen to "Australian" hip-hop?

interested to know...

Ellie-Bee

HSC
one aussie hip-hop song that i think is funny (not sure what else to classify it as) is 'everytime' by butterfingers!! funny stuff...but generally i don't like hip-hop at all, not my thing!

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
i think new zealand hip hop is pretty "close" to aus. the nz group scribe are pretty good. i like how the represent. :rolleyes: :D

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
SCRIBE SUCK... they think they are american
no hilltop hoods are pretty good so are the herd and sometimes resin doggs.

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
"yeah" hip hop is "pretty" good. i "like" new skool gangsta hip hop like grandmaster flash "and" afrika bambaata

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
i like oldschool hip hop
like young m.c, rappers paradise, nwa etc

money_maker

HSC
N/A
I love hip hop but can't say I'm into any aussie stuff. I love mostly old skool especially NWA, the Roots (their old stuff), and definitely Onyx.

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
Im guessing you like Bliss n Eso N.U.G,
i listen to some Aussie but mainly a lot of US underground.
Favourite MC's are Nas, Ghostface & MF Doom

artfag

Banned
HSC
yeah, i dig a lot of hip hop, aussie as well

busdriver, dalek, mf doom, wu (ghostface is my fave too), cann ox, fivedeez, co flow...

favourite aussie emcees are delta, pegz, solomon kleptoe and of course the hoods and def wish cast. katalyst, hermitude, and resin dogs are also awesome.

i listen to a fair bit of international hip hop too. right now i'm digging TTC from france and TSU from italy.

N.U.G.

HSC
Soma said:
Im guessing you like Bliss n Eso N.U.G,
i listen to some Aussie but mainly a lot of US underground.
Favourite MC's are Nas, Ghostface & MF Doom
yeah "Bliss n Eso" are dope as hell as are "Hilltop Hoods" and a number of other Aussie hip-hop artists. Bliss n Eso have just released a very dope album called "Flowers In The Pavement" and have a mixcd (mixed by DJ Izm) that is floating around too.

Here's the cover of the Bliss n Eso mixcd (looks dope in my opinion!)

I've got some spare copies of this mixcd if anyone's interested.

I also dig all the MCs you mentioned too

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
redruM said:
i think new zealand hip hop is pretty "close" to aus. the nz group scribe are pretty good. i like how the represent. :rolleyes: :D
i like scribe too!!

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
redruM said:
Scribe is not a group, it is one guy. And NZ hip hop is better than Aussie hip hop.

Australian hip-hop sucks a lot, cause they either try to be too much like US faggots such as Eminem or they try going off on their own tangent with also sucks. Only good aussies are 1200 Techniques.

N.U.G.

HSC
reno2004 said:
Scribe is not a group, it is one guy. And NZ hip hop is better than Aussie hip hop.

Australian hip-hop sucks a lot, cause they either try to be too much like US faggots such as Eminem or they try going off on their own tangent with also sucks. Only good aussies are 1200 Techniques.
I have to disagree. BOTH Australia and New Zealand have some very good hip-hop artists such as;

AUSTRALIA
- Hilltop Hoods
- Bliss n Eso
- Koolism
etc.

NEW ZEALAND
- Mareko
- Scribe
- Che Fu
etc.

both scenes are solid...

Mike iE

HSC
2 up and the suitable few, they are the only ones ive seen live and i liked them. They are pretty much local bands though

Last edited:

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
reno2004 said:

You're a fucking moron, if anything 1200 techniques are the worst Aussies, Fuck Peril.
Also Scribe raps in a US accent so you just played yaself.
Also Eminem a faggot? I don't like him that much, but I respect him and no that he burns everyone in Aus and NZ. Oh and NUG stop whoring the Bliss N Eso mixtape, they're nothing special and I heard that tape is full of stolen beats.
Best OZ is Celcius/Defwish Cast, Koolism, Bias B, Capricorn Cat, Puah Hedz e.t.c.
I usually listen to US stuff but.

N.U.G.

HSC
Soma said:
You're a fucking moron, if anything 1200 techniques are the worst Aussies, Fuck Peril.
Also Scribe raps in a US accent so you just played yaself.
Also Eminem a faggot? I don't like him that much, but I respect him and no that he burns everyone in Aus and NZ. Oh and NUG stop whoring the Bliss N Eso mixtape, they're nothing special and I heard that tape is full of stolen beats.
Best OZ is Celcius/Defwish Cast, Koolism, Bias B, Capricorn Cat, Puah Hedz e.t.c.
I usually listen to US stuff but.
damn dude, why are you so mad?

Bliss n Eso ARE something special and yeah DJ IZM mixes and remixes some other artists beats on the cd like most mixtapes do. You seem to know a lot about hip-hop too, so if you appreciate skills like I think you should check it out mate.

here's what others have said about the Bliss n Eso mixcd;

"i have had this in my cd player for nearly a week straight. probably listened to it from start to finish about 20 times already.

gets better and better every time.

bliss n eso r the shit.

almost nobody in australia can touch them IMO.

fucking crazy mix. cant wait for the album.

the men in white coats should be called for anyone who doesnt cop it."

and

description of dopeness

I just wanted to say I got the cd and it's on heavy rotation like a fat greek wedding dance...

big uppers to Izm and the lads..

and

Got mine last nite...and I have to say this is the 1st oz release that I've copped that not only lives up to its hype but goes far, far beyond my expectations...

This mixtape is fuckin unreal...Bliss, Eso & Izm have seriously outdone themselves with this CD...beat selection was spot on...Bliss N Eso's vox are spoofworthy...and the ever changng beats match the vocals perfectly....

peace

Last edited:

Ziff

HSC
N/A
i said a hip hop the hippie the hippie
to the hip hip hop, a you dont stop
the rock it to the bang bang boogie say up jumped the boogie
to the rhythm of the boogie, the beat

Sugar Hill Gang are awesome!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)