Who's looking for a job Post-HSC (1 Viewer)

firehose

HSC
I am. Even though I don't finish til Eco next week, I'm doing all the Coles Myer and Woolworths applications online and writing out my resume. After next week I'll go crazy handing out my resume i think lol.

Who else is doing the same? I have no previous work experience so this thing is completely new, right now i'll be happy to get a job, anywhere. Hehe, I think employers will be anticipating an in-rush of applicants in the next few days/weeks :cool:

jynxe

HSC
I just got a job, and I start one day after I finish HSC. They wanted me the night I finished, but "Hello!!! How about no."

Can't wait to start though, should be fun.

scoby_2000

HSC
haha

im thanking god....and perhaps blockbuster for maintaining my employeeship over the last 2 months (none of which i have worked)

but i tend to work HEAPS between hsc and schoolies

gotta save up money for all that alc....i mean fun :D

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
i can't wait to get a job, i NEED a job, for the experience mainly and the money on the side too ofcourse...i badly need a job, i want a job. i hear telemarketing jobs pay well. :D

firehose

HSC
rnitya_25 said:
i can't wait to get a job, i NEED a job, for the experience mainly and the money on the side too ofcourse...i badly need a job, i want a job. i hear telemarketing jobs pay well. :D

I am completely in the same situation as you :) Sigh, wish I'd started work earlier, but i guess it doesn't matter now.

~SeXcSuM~

HSC
i just got a job with Myer in the city :D i start after the hsc! yay i cant wait :)

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
firehose i'll probaly find you in hurstville haha on whatever day.
i have to make my resume dammit

i hope i get a job....

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
firehose said:
I am completely in the same situation as you :) Sigh, wish I'd started work earlier, but i guess it doesn't matter now.
i so agree with you, i should have started a job in year 11 and stuff, im such an idiot for not doing that. regret it now...

neafoo

HSC
ive been working since year 11
im not looking forward to returning to work :(

rcandelori

I've been working at my dad's restaurant for the last three years. Pay is fine, plus tips and hell, nothing beats working with your family.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
im going to try and get one, to fill in time during the break and get some spending money. im not really sure where yet, im just trying to avoid fast food places.

7th Sign

HSC
I will get a job after christmas and schoolies probly...

between end of hsc and christmas I will just run my ebay business...

I have to pay 525 on the 21st of dec great christmas gift :rolleyes:

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah, ive never had a formal job,

I'll get some casual work in early january..

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
I've never had a job, and I'm getting one shortly after the HSC finishes.

It's funny though, because I don't even care about money or particuarly need any, I'm just doing it to pass the time so I don't go insane from having nothing to do :S

HSC
I currently work at bunnings, i also got a job offered at dick smith electronics, plus a big line up of people who want their computer fixed

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
the only place i ever worked was the school canteen at the rate of $4.50 an hour(in the form of food i.e. 4.50 bucks worth of food......talk about child labour...lol

enva

HSC
N/A
firehose said:
I'm doing all the Coles Myer and Woolworths applications online and writing out my resume.
Id guess ColesMyer have finished their christmas/holiday period applications as the process can be abit long, Online testing - Group interview - Store Interview - Forms to fill out and videos to watch (If accepted).

Thats why they open it up for applications early june, most stores like Coles/Bilo would have started training by now of new staff as there isnt much time left untill christmas. However that said there may be a few stores that require more staff due to unsucessful amount of candidates

bonniejjj

HSC
I've applied to Coles Myer (at the start of August) and Woolworths and Sanity just recently. If my Kmart interview doesn't land me a job then I am going to go to Wesley Uniting and beg them to help me find a job. Centrelink is cutting me off my living away from home and I need the money to live. Also I want some experience so that I have some hope of finding a job when I move to Bris for uni.

Jess241186

HSC
i've had a job for the past 2 and a half years, but due to the companys budget, after the HSC is over, i will not be put on full time so in the mean time i am currently seeking some where full time just in case i dont get into university... always keep every door open :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)