whos nerves (1 Viewer)

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by da_best

if people do well in ex1 and ex2 in eglish than they will most likely do well in eng adv which adds up to 4 units in total which is da same as 4u maths except maybe maths a bit better in scaling but not by very much.
No, the scaling of 4 unit maths always shuts down that of 4 unit and 3 unit english.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ultimate

No, the scaling of 4 unit maths always shuts down that of 4 unit and 3 unit english.
down with english ... down ...

and da_best ... thats not necessarily true because if you look on the 90+ list for last year many many people got 90+ for ext1 and ext2 english who did not get 90+ for advanced ...

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
get over the scaling crap
whatever you get you get........you can't change it so there is no point in debating it....
Anyways good luck all of you I know I will be very anxious this time next year

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by Ultimate
"Always"? You mean, "always", as in, last year? :D

The maths syllabuses are being reviewed in two or three years. I wouldn't be surprised if english caught up.

History extension scaled well last year. See the list.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
"Always"? You mean, "always", as in, last year? :D

The maths syllabuses are being reviewed in two or three years. I wouldn't be surprised if english caught up.

History extension scaled well last year. See the list.
Last year 4 unit maths was the top scaled subject in 2001 (except for a language) and I can't see it being any different this year.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Bon

You could be right. I think scaling will be less this year since there's been an increase in the number of people doing extension 2 math, not necessarily capable of doing it, which will bring scaling down.
it doesnt matter ... as long as those extra students also do well in other subjects or just own the ext1 maths exams, it will scale very similar ... but then again you have a very good points ...

buttercup

After a month of starting university.. u realise that you dont like it, can you change courses?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)