Who's Paying Uni All By Their Lil Sexy Selves?... Oh & Those Who Arent Can Come Too.. (1 Viewer)

Who's Paying For Uni All By Their Lil Sexy Selves?

• Yeah I'm paying it all by little sexy self!... And it will/does feel good!

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • I'm paying all by my little sexy self! but damnit to hell!

Votes: 26 27.1%
  • HA! Parents are paying for it ALL!!!

Votes: 23 24.0%
  • Shit, parents are paying for me... WHY?!!?!?

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • not sure/little bit of both!

Votes: 13 13.5%

• Total voters

RIZAL

HSC
say you had enough to pay your HECS up front....would it be smarter to invest that money in stocks or pay HECS up front?

Investing in stocks gets, say, a 10% return pa. and you can access your accumulated wealth at any time.

Paying hecs off early gets a 25% (?) discount, but once you pay it, you cannot access that money..

so what's the better idea?

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
I'll be paying for everything, including rent etc. I'm rather worried that I may make it through half a semester then just completely run out of money, since I have barely anything saved up as of yet.

Last edited:

GirlGoneMad

Kitten Kong
HSC
I am getting the HECS-HELP Loan for all of my student contribution. For other uni costs (books, travel etc.) I have to wait to see what happens. My parents will pay what they can afford (which isn't much) and I will pay what I can afford and just hope for the Smartstart scholarship to pay for the remainder!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I'm paying for it myself (well, I will be in a few years once the government realises "oh, Jess owes us over 30k and is now earning over the threshold")
Its kinda freaky to know I have a 30k debt when I'm so young, but uni is something I'm donig for myself, not my parents, and as much as I whinge about it, I don't want them paying my HECS for me.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
i'm paying it all on my own. I paid upfront too! :) My parents wouldn't pay it, no way!
Been saving for that for a while... but i don't want a debt to have to pay once i get a full time job for something i've already finished for years.
Though i am doing a cheap course, "national priority" - teaching.

HSC
parents= textbooks, compulsory fees

me= hecs, and a new computer/laptop (cant stand sharing with 2 sisters who r also in uni even tho one has her own laptop)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I'm paying for textbooks, union fees, and later on HECS, meanwhile I have to buy a new computer because my little shit sister is going into year 11, unwilling to buy her own and is taking over mine, and my mobile is falling to bits so I'm gonna need a new one of those too. Oh and I can't find a job, so I'm relying on youth allowance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)