Who's planning to go to UOW?? (1 Viewer)

nesso

What are u all planning to at wollongong???

i want to do medical science commerce but it kinda sounds suicidal

powerhouse

HSC
I'm choosing between:

Medical Science / Commerce
Arts / Commerce
Science (Psychology) / Commerce

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
nesso said:
What are u all planning to at wollongong???

i want to do medical science commerce but it kinda sounds suicidal
Medical Science will make you it's bitch. It will relentlessly fuck you until you love it.

(Well, if you don't put the effort in, anyway. If you're a good student you'll probably enjoy the brutal rape that is this course.)

nesso

freaky deaky powerhouse i also want to do psych...why dont u just be a clone of me

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
Haha, I wanna do psych too. Lets hope were the only ones! (Lower cut-offs.. please oh please!)

DEFINETLY will not get into B Psychology. Second preference was BA (psych).. 3rd was just a plain BA but my change that to a BSc (psych)..

Gotta find out the difference between a BA and BSc.

If all else fails, it's nursing.

Yay for prospective UOW-ers!

nwatts

HSC
Creative Arts (creative writing) / Communication and Media Studies (journalism)

Already accepted into creative writing, let's hope the cutoff doesn't change too far for the BCM. Can't wait for uni. It will surely be shitloads better than school. :)

HSC
nwatts said:
Creative Arts (creative writing) / Communication and Media Studies (journalism)

Already accepted into creative writing, let's hope the cutoff doesn't change too far for the BCM. Can't wait for uni. It will surely be shitloads better than school. :)
Quoted and emphasised so you can look back on this in a few years and laugh :)

Ninga

HSC
ogmzergrush said:
Quoted and emphasised so you can look back on this in a few years and laugh :)
Laugh about how true that quote is you mean. You might see what I mean when/if you graduate. But, you might not. Hahaha!

HSC
Ninga said:
Laugh about how true that quote is you mean. You might see what I mean when/if you graduate. But, you might not. Hahaha!
Haha nope, I'll definitely agree once I graduate. The day I never have to go there again is the day that UoW becomes the fucking best place on the planet :)

nesso

SOme one tell a uni newb....

i want to do medical science/commerce
Hey someone please tell me how does a double degree work?

5 subjects a session,, possibly some subjects in summer session something like that?? what are the recommendations?

how much flexibility do we have in making our timetable..??

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Most people do five subjects a session to minimise their time at uni (so two three year degrees are done in four years, not four and a half). You have every right to only do the recommended amount of subjects a session, and to miss summer. All that means is that you're there a semester longer.

As for timetables? That depends on how lectures and tutes are timetabled for the subject. You might get to choose a tutorial time, others might be given to you.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
poloktim said:
Most people do five subjects a session to minimise their time at uni (so two three year degrees are done in four years, not four and a half). You have every right to only do the recommended amount of subjects a session, and to miss summer. All that means is that you're there a semester longer.

As for timetables? That depends on how lectures and tutes are timetabled for the subject. You might get to choose a tutorial time, others might be given to you.
And some people do sweet fuck all subject each semester and take 8 years to graduate. 2 subjects this session for me :D

As for timetables, just find a stack of subjects you need to do and work out a timetable that suits you from what is available, that way you can achieve the ultimate goal of having to step foot at uni as least as possible.

santaslayer

HSC
hmmm..when is the cutoff date for enrolment in subjects? I still havent been on sols yet...it kinda scares me now..

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
santaslayer said:
hmmm..when is the cutoff date for enrolment in subjects? I still havent been on sols yet...it kinda scares me now..
Sometime next month. Just enrol in a few random subjects now so you don't miss it. You're not locked into anything anyway. :)

Woo at nine hundred recognised posts!

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
poloktim said:
Sometime next month. Just enrol in a few random subjects now so you don't miss it. You're not locked into anything anyway. :)

Woo at nine hundred recognised posts!
I enroll in random subjects every semester :D

Gomer

HSC
I just enrolled in the subjects my degree outline said to enrol in. *shrugs*

-- Gomer

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Gomer said:
I just enrolled in the subjects my degree outline said to enrol in. *shrugs*

-- Gomer
There's a difference between courses. Courses such as Arts, Commerce, Computer Science, and Science are rather general. You have subjects you have to do, but there is a lot more freedom to choose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)