who's UMAT-ing??? (1 Viewer)

HSC
is anyone sitting UMAT ???

is anyone doing the coaching classes?

and if so, which one?

Keen

MD
HSC
Ok firstly you might get more help and responses in the Tertiary Studies->Medicine forum.
I think a large proportion (probably at least 50%) do training especially those that get in. And yes there's about 10,000 other people sitting UMAT, probably only a thousand or so in Sydney though.
Have fun.

Keen

HSC
yes, this thread should be moved.

but yes i am sitting UMAT, haven't got my admission ticket yet though. i'll be in sydney.

HSC
sorry to have offended anyone... but the umat technically isnt a SCHOOL related topic

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
centrefolds said:
sorry to have offended anyone... but the umat technically isnt a SCHOOL related topic
of course not, i mean, im doing it for fun. Beats going to the movies.

I thought it was 6000 who do the umat every year?

ishq

brown?
HSC
Is everyone who is sitting the UMAT in Sydney going to do so together? Like one big happy family in the middle of a deserted moor? Or are there multiple testing centres?

Speaking of which, I too havent recieved my ticket. Maybe its postponed...maybe the ACER decided it won't work this year... :p

Epiphany

spunkrat
HSC
I'm doing it. Unfortunately I'm off the med idea quite a bit, but I'll still give it a shot. A friend gave me all these booklets with practice questions and advice.. seems a bit of a waste really.

Zali

HSC
I havent got my ticket yet and im doing it at armidale. About how many ppl do u rekon will do it there?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
centrefolds said:
Hence why we have this "Tertiary Study" section for you to ask all your uni related questions! =)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
There are two sessions in Sydney, and traditionally the one and only venue is Wentworth Park (the club building for the doggie tracks) at Glebe.

M_I_K_E

HSC
N/A
I'm sitting the UMAT. By the way, are you sure that 50% of the test takers do prep. I thought it was 10 to 20% (Dallas and MedEntry said so...)?

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
M_I_K_E said:
I'm sitting the UMAT. By the way, are you sure that 50% of the test takers do prep. I thought it was 10 to 20% (Dallas and MedEntry said so...)?
You'll probably find that 10-20% is true because a lot of people do umat purely to open up there options. Many will just do law or engineering if they dont get in, so umat isn't a big deal.

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
good luck everyone

just remember, the aim is not to get the highest marks, but just to get better marks than everyone else :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)