who's up for teaching (1 Viewer)

emybemy

im thinking about doing teaching at csu next year but i cant decide between primary and english high school teaching. is anyone else in the same postion?

Redp3n

depends what type of person u r,

if ur a pussy and dont think u can handle high school kids... then teach primary.

primary teaching is alot harder work tho, dont be fooled. ive spoken to lots of teachers with questions like "y didnt u be a primary school teacher..." in which their response is that primary teaching is heaps hard

i wouldnt wanna be a teacher tho, just what i have heard

SarahMary

*Procrastination Central*
HSC
i was going through that, and then i thought "could i handle a bunch of 30 littlr kids for 30 hrs+ a week?"

i picked secondary teaching

mayflower

hey, im want to do B arts/ B Education (secondary) next year at CSU wagga wagga. can't wait! im not doing primary, because i don't think theres enough panadol in the world to handle that occupation.. for me neway

kylie_robbo

For me, h/s teaching would hell on earth. Sure, pri teachers have to do a LOT of prep work and have to teach every subject, but to me that isn't as chaotic and hellish as having to face h/s students every period...

In pri school kids are still finding their niche`... h/s they have found it, they are sticking to it, and anyone who comes accross their path wears it...

No thanks... give me 30+ mid-upper pri kids any day!

bex

HSC
ive seen those primary ed students around campus.. theyre the ones with a recorder in one hand and finger paintings they made in their previous class in the other hand! primary ed looks like a fun degree to do but i couldnt put up with other peoples children all day long 5 days a week! i admire primary teachers!!!

kylie_robbo

:) Yeah... I am looking forward to B Ed (Pri)...

Although I think being a Pri teacher is going to make me put off having my own kids for atleast a few years...

bex

HSC
KylieR said:
:) Yeah... I am looking forward to B Ed (Pri)...

Although I think being a Pri teacher is going to make me put off having my own kids for atleast a few years...
best form of contraception ever!

dougthelegend

HSC
im trying to get into Primary Teaching at CSU Bathurst next year. Talking to the head of the department there, and he said he'd be surprised if i didnt get a main round offer - heres hoping :D

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
i was going to be a techear but i could not be bothered honesty. people r always saying i have a good way with chiuldren though

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Been told Primary Ed is rather repetitive especially if you're teaching the Infant years (K - 2) and after you start getting Year 5 & 6, they are right little horrors, like they are all grown up and are all-knowing.

I wouldn't mind teaching Senior Secondary, and it's something I've been seriously considering, but would do an Arts degree first in History and Economics or something of the like, then do a DipEd rather than put the degree together, or like Mac has it.

I was looking at Education (Primary Or Secondary)/Social Science (Psychology) which sets you up as a school councellor, or even to go on and do Post Grad Psych work with kids. It also gives you the quallifications to be a teacher of your chosen area. Something to look at, anyway.

riksta

i have a problem. i cant choose between primary edu and arts/edu secondary. at the moment i am favouring bachelor of arts/ bachelor secondary education but my major concern is getting a job overseas after i finish my degree. i have a feeling it will be a lot easier to get an overseas job in primary teaching rather than highschool. does anyone know which degree will more easily get me a job internationally?

thebigwillie

I'm hopefully gunna get into Bachelor of Education (Technology & Applied Studies) at CSU. Anyone currently do it? I cant wait either to do it hehe:D

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Dunno, depends where you wanna go. But I reckon Primary would be a bit easier, seeing as how the secondary curriculum differs alot from country to country, wereas the primary one has some generic parts across english-speaking nations/Commonwealth nations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)