Whose doing King Lear as a text? (1 Viewer)

Sammmmmuel

Hey is ne one doing King Lear as an hsc text? And if u r, what r u comparing in the plays content/themes for the hsc question? is ne body comparing and contrasting the marxist and tradiational views/interpretations of the play?

Huy

HSC
N/A
I'm doing it, but you might find more help at the English (Advanced) forum.

what r u comparing in the plays content/themes for the hsc question
You are comparing values predominantly.

is ne body comparing and contrasting the marxist and tradiational views/interpretations of the play?
No, mainly Aristotelian (I can never spell it properly), Feminist, and Tragedy of Ordinariness or a critique of power.

:)

Sammmmmuel

Originally posted by Huy

No, mainly Aristotelian (I can never spell it properly)
Aristotelian? is that (for example) how Gloucter talks about the stars and them having disastrous consequences etc etc.? And Edmunds different views and the values of the audience associated with these particular parts of the play

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Sammmmmuel
Aristotelian? is that (for example) how Gloucter talks about the stars and them having disastrous consequences etc etc.? And Edmunds different views and the values of the audience associated with these particular parts of the play
I don't believe so, no.

There are notes on the front page of BOS
www.boredofstudies.org

You will find them useful (esp. the Lear ones if you haven't studied them yet, and/or have no idea about values/readings/productions).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)