Whose EAS application was accepted n where (1 Viewer)

mz_purfect

Pedantic Perfectionist
A paradoxical world where innocents suffer n crims
HSC
so whose EAS application was ACTUALLY accepted and at wot uni...so far i duno ne1 whose application was accepted n like 20 ppl applied @ ma skool...i myself had a pretty legitimate n genuine case but was rejected by all unis....:(

Lainee

HSC
Yes. UNSW, UTS and USyd

I've been accepted by all three unis that send out individual letters - UNSW, USyd and UTS. I haven't heard about anyone else from my school being accepted, but I guess it's not something you tell the world about.

Acid

HSC
Lainee said:
I've been accepted by all three unis that send out individual letters - UNSW, USyd and UTS. I haven't heard about anyone else from my school being accepted, but I guess it's not something you tell the world about.
Ditto. Hope I get in to Commerce/Law with it, but I doubt it since I only got 97.7

Lainee

HSC
I think you can still cross your fingers for Comm/Law at UNSW (since the EAS cutoff last year was 98.00) but I'm pretty sure you're in with a good chance for Bus/Law at UTS.

mm87511

HSC
UNSW,USYD,ANU
anu doesnt send out a letter,i just called them..

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
How do you know whether they have excepted you or not

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Accepted by ANU/UTS/UNSW/Usyd, every uni I had a preference for.

FinalFantasy

HSC
Purp|e said:
god damn, i wish i knew about this EAS thing before ... bah !
What may this "EAS" be?? Someone tell me please............. o_O

Lainee

HSC
Stands for Educational Access Scheme and it's a special scheme for students who have experienced long term educational disadvantage. Quoting from the EAS booklet (2006 booklet comes out around June): "To quality applicants must demonstrate that their educational performance during Years 11 and/or 12... has been seriously affected by circumstances beyond their control." Some examples of these disadvantages include disrupted schooling (perhaps you moved schools very often) or financial hardship (recipients of Youth Allowance are applicable here).

Different unis have different systems for successful EAS applicants. USyd, for example, allocated 500 HECS places across most courses for those students who do not meet the cutoff for their chosen course but are within five points from the HECS cutoff. It then selects the successful applicants with the highest UAI for each course until the EAS quota is filled.

Other unis have similar systems, but may allocate 5% of places to EAS students.

FinalFantasy

HSC
hmmm.... sounds very useful this EAS...
too bad i can't qualify for it o.o

Lainee

HSC
Just get the booklet when it comes out, just to see whether you fit under any categories that you didn't think about. It's better just to make sure, even if you don't feel disadvantaged.

Sasky

HSC
Anyone got one from University of Western Sydney or University of Canberra?

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
FinalFantasy said:
hmmm.... sounds very useful this EAS...
too bad i can't qualify for it o.o
Depending on individual circumstances, I'm sure that there are people who would much rather have not qualified for it, and foregone the 'long term disadvantage'.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
hfis said:
Depending on individual circumstances, I'm sure that there are people who would much rather have not qualified for it, and foregone the 'long term disadvantage'.
Only the ones with legitimate disadvantages, (referring to the first post) I never realised universities had to wade through so many, "I can't write as fast as other people" claims.

mz_purfect

Pedantic Perfectionist
A paradoxical world where innocents suffer n crims
HSC
Korn said:
How do you know whether they have excepted you or not
hmm i remember readn sumwhere that unsw, usyd and uts all send out letters of acceptance (or otherwise) in early Dec....while other unis i presume send em out in mid to late Jan.

btw i do understand dat not ALL ''i cant write so fast"' claims can b accepted but they must have a pretty strict criteria for accepting EAS apps. I still cant BELEIVE dat MINE wasn't approved...but newayz....life goes on...i wish all of you pplz all de best in ur future studies! :)

Lainee

HSC
mz_purfect said:
hmm i remember readn sumwhere that unsw, usyd and uts all send out letters of acceptance (or otherwise) in early Dec....while other unis i presume send em out in mid to late Jan.
Unis other than those you mentioned don't send out actual acceptance letters, but you'll know if they accepted you into the scheme when uni offers come out. Pretty dodgy, but I guess... it saves paper and stamps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)