• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Wht Do I Do??? (3 Viewers)

Evilo

HSC
Musk said:
your a stupid cunt
WELL good luck to you and your UWS degree. Need i say more.
Musk said:
ranks are based on research, jesus no one reads what the rankings represent
I read them, actually when i conduct Open Day tours at my university, i'd say about 7/10 parents would mention it.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Cookie182 said:
Acheived UAI 97.35

Effectively 100 at UOW as im a local student. Wollongong looks really nice, seems to have good lectures, recently won awards etc

i can travel teir easily, got a $3000 schoalrship for 1st yr, have all my friends down here

Im interested in B Comm/B Laws or just B Comm at wollongong (can get into either)

obviously i have the marks though to get into commerce at USYD or UNSW which have more established reputations (wouldnt get the double though- but this wouldnt worry me, i would double major in eco/finance)

however i just dont think i can afford and am ready to move away from home at this stage to the city-0 i have no money, no family there.... would i hav to work everyday jsut to pay rent??

should i sacrifice everything just for the higher supposed reputation?
I don't think so. You said that you wouldn't study law at USyd or UNSW due to UAI restrictions. At Wollongong you can do this *and* get a scholarship for it. Moreso, you have a place to live, friends, and a familiar environment.

Should you choose to go to a city uni, you could always commute daily.

I say just stick with Wollongong, more convenience, scholarship, friends, and a life that's already established. Why give this up for somewhere that you can only do half of what you're interested in? A good reason is because you don't want to suffer longer than you have to at uni. :)

Stick with Wollongong, if you hate it, transfer to a Sydney uni - you might even then be able to transfer to Law/Comm at one, too!

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
Go to UOW. Having friends+scholarship+a much smaller financial burden of living at home will benefit you much more than the prestige of the uni. You'll have a much better social life+study balance, be free of a lot of unecessary stress and be able to focus more on your degree and career.

As for career prospects. A lot of material for undergrad degrees are very similar, so you won't be missing out much there, and much of what you do outside of your acedemics will be what separates you from the rest of the competition. So it's up to decide how employable you are. and again, I have to stress that having fewer worries about money, friends, etc will make a huge difference in what you're doing and how much you're spending/enjoying your time other than getting the grades for uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)