• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Why are atheists on this website always attacking Christianity? (2 Viewers)

NCB619

I Am The Chorus
HSC
I know this is a little off-topic, but I really couldn't care less whether or not the poster is male or female. I see now that she is female, but really, who the hell cares? The fact that I didn't even think about it means there's no discrimination.

Apologies to the poster if she is offended that I refered to her in the masculine.
Despite the fact you still referred to her as a male. But I don't really care, I just found it quite funny.

But yeah, just to re-iterate my thoughts...People think, people talk, people do, people act differently. It's never going to change. Yes, I am atheist, and i prefer the aspect of no supernatural dimension, but, if you have everything the same, you may start to have this thing called communism going on.

NCB619

I Am The Chorus
HSC
Elizabeth Dilling said that the official concept of atheism began in Judaism. Therin lies what I have to say about athiest scums.
Wait, Wait, WAIT!!

You don't like Atheism because it derives from Judaism?? Gees, way to hate yourself

NCB619

I Am The Chorus
HSC
Everything and anything invented or put forward by the Jew in its very nature is against the white race and lord Jesus. Jews are an international tribe that put themselves above their host country and any specific race and will manipulate the white nation to change so they can increase its survival and influence.
Wow...must be a troll now, because Christianity is one of those things that I have bolded in your quote.

NCB619

I Am The Chorus
HSC
You totally misunderstand the very nature of Jewish people.
No, buddy. You just totally misunderstood me. You said earlier that anything and everything put forward or invented by Jews was wrong, as well as implying that atheism is one of those things. Now, the fact that atheism goes totally against Judaism, means that:

1. Atheism isn't Judaism
  2. You're talking about yourself. Christianity came from Judaism in much the same way that, according to yourself once again, Atheism came Judaism.

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
Ok m8, you say that to a stack of violent blokes who think nothing of raping any women they find when the sun goes down --Hey fellas! Remember! Protect yourself!
Problem solved
Poverty is the root cause of violent crime.

Moral guidance does fuck all, economic reform is the answer.

The increasingly secular west, following the post-industrial boom in wealth and productivity, has coincided with decreasing crime rates.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

The increasingly secular west, following the post-industrial boom in wealth and productivity, has coincided with decreasing crime rates.
Well at least you now claim that the Church's teaching has "fuck all" impact on Africa. Before you were claiming that millions were dying as a result of it...

Duffman0

Kick ass, chew bubblegum.
HSC

I'm sorry, I'm not sure you've ever met a person with intense schizophrenia. Or heard of any of the many rich yet violent murderers, child molesters, rapists, cannibals...

Would you like to rephrase your statement? Because poverty sure as hell isn't the root of all violent crime like you seem to think. Also, I'd like to see your sources for these correlations between wealth and crime rates.

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
Well at least you now claim that the Church's teaching has "fuck all" impact on Africa. Before you were claiming that millions were dying as a result of it...
I was implicitly referring to violent crime, and that alone.

I would never say economic development is the solution to STD transmission.

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
I'm sorry, I'm not sure you've ever met a person with intense schizophrenia. Or heard of any of the many rich yet violent murderers, child molesters, rapists, cannibals...
lol at the stigmatization of schizophrenics as uncontrollably violent criminals.

Would you like to rephrase your statement? Because poverty sure as hell isn't the root of all violent crime like you seem to think. Also, I'd like to see your sources for these correlations between wealth and crime rates.
Criminology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

eh, there's different theories, the role of poverty is debated. Inequality and poverty are held by many to play a significant role. Others disagree. It's difficult to prove anything in sociology.

Obviously there are exceptions, individuals make their own choices, but when you compare two societies, and you observe trends of higher crime rates in third world countries than in wealthy western coutries, you can examine what structures in society might be responsible for this difference.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Idk man, you say that 'economic reforms' will make Africa rich and therefore African men will stop raping African women, but STDs will still spread.
Individual morality is at the heart of all human problems. The Church, with its heroic defence of the dignity of life, the sanctity of marriage, the legitimacy of private property and the goodness of family clearly have a massive role to play in assisting in the smooth development of Africa

Duffman0

Kick ass, chew bubblegum.
HSC
lol at the stigmatization of schizophrenics as uncontrollably violent criminals.

Criminology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

eh, there's different theories, the role of poverty is debated. Inequality and poverty are held by many to play a significant role. Others disagree. It's difficult to prove anything in sociology.

Obviously there are exceptions, individuals make their own choices, but when you compare two societies, and you observe trends of higher crime rates in third world countries than in wealthy western coutries, you can examine what structures in society might be responsible for this difference.
I'm sorry, I was under the impression that killing a person is undoubtedly a crime, whether or not the person had the mental capacity to stop themselves from commiting it is a completely different story. There have been plenty of murders and assaults by violent schitzophrenics. Did you read that bolded word correctly? It manifests in different ways for different people. I in no way implied that schizophrenics at large were violent.

My initial concern was with the fact that you said the root - the main cause - of violent crimes was poverty. I disagreed with that generalisation. My second qualm was with your lack of evidence for such an ungrounded claim. And still it is ungrounded - I can't see any statistics or collected evidence on that page.

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
Okay, so what do you suggest is the cause of higher rates of violent crime in the third world, if not inequality and poverty?

My second qualm was with your lack of evidence for such an ungrounded claim. And still it is ungrounded - I can't see any statistics or collected evidence on that page.
You didn't read very far, examples from that page, it's all referenced if you care:

"Sociological positivism postulates that societal factors such as poverty, membership of subcultures, or low levels of education can predispose people to crime. Adolphe Quetelet made use of data and statistical analysis to gain insight into relationship between crime and sociological factors. He found that age, gender, poverty, education, and alcohol consumption were important factors related to crime."

"Henry Mayhew used empirical methods and an ethnographic approach to address social questions and poverty, and presented his studies in London Labour and the London Poor.[10]

"Emile Durkheim viewed crime as an inevitable aspect of society, with uneven distribution of wealth and other differences among people."

"Since the 1950s, social ecology studies have built on the social disorganization theories. Many studies have found that crime rates are associated with poverty, disorder, high numbers of abandoned buildings, and other signs of community deterioration.[13][14] As working and middle class people leave deteriorating neighborhoods, the most disadvantaged portions of the population may remain. William Julius Wilson suggested a poverty "concentration effect", which may cause neighborhoods to be isolated from the mainstream of society and become prone to violence."

Sultun

Banned
HSC
N/A
Are you saying that because someone is poor they are not responsible for thier crimes? Or because someone is mentally ill?

NCB619

I Am The Chorus
HSC
Idk man, you say that 'economic reforms' will make Africa rich and therefore African men will stop raping African women, but STDs will still spread.
Individual morality is at the heart of all human problems. The Church, with its heroic defence of the dignity of life, the sanctity of marriage, the legitimacy of private property and the goodness of family clearly have a massive role to play in assisting in the smooth development of Africa
LOL..that's all that really needs to be said. They still exist outside of The Church.

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
Are you saying that because someone is poor they are not responsible for thier crimes?
No he's saying there is a strong correlation between social inequality and crime rates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)