Why are atheists on this website always attacking Christianity? (1 Viewer)

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
LOL, Christians churches get bombed in Iraq mate, trust me Muslim schools were the only available ones
well they could have just gone to a non secular school. and australian society is highly different to iraqi society in that our laws aren't highly based on religion.

banipal753

HSC
bahahaha.

see this is where christians piss me off the most.

just because you believe that you're giving someone else something good, doesn't mean they want to hear it. i would want to win the lotto five million percent more than i'd want to be 'enlightened' or preached at.
Thats because you value material possessions over faith, its relative mate.

ad infinitum

HSC
N/A
I cannot explain the fact that God has and will always exist because it is my faith, faith relies on belief without evidence. If we had solid proof for the existence of God, it would no longer be faith.
There you have it ladies and gentlemen, someone who is proud to say that they have no regard for evidence, no regard for truth, but would rather entertain 'faith based' delusions. Yes very well, but you must leave the rest of us out it. Keep the 'god' voices in your head to yourself and when their comes a point that these voices tell you to murder your children (as seen in The New Testament) then be nice enough to check yourself into a mental asylum.

banipal753

HSC
Wiccans and Buddhists don't have a doctrine that forces them to expel their beliefs on unsuspecting passers by.
Do you know the Wiccan and Buddhist faiths that well that you know they dont have any doctrines of that sort?

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
Ok, but you have to understand that people who are not religious, who do not share your beliefs do not enjoy being told that they will burn in hell unless they start worshiping a god they do not believe exists. They do not enjoy being shamelessly badgered about it long after this fact has been established.

It may not be a crime, but it can be extremely frustrating. Can you understand why people might get annoyed at this kind of behaviour?
The preachers are preaching only with good intentions. As you see it as an atheist that religion is evil and polluting our minds. Christians see atheism in the same manner and are merely trying to save your from your ignorance in the same way that you believe Christians should be saved by their (in your view) ignorance. You shouldn't you be frustrated by ones good intentions.

banipal753

HSC
There you have it ladies and gentlemen, someone who is proud to say that they have no regard for evidence, no regard for truth, but would rather entertain 'faith based' delusions. Yes very well, but you must leave the rest of us out it. Keep the 'god' voices in your head to yourself and when their comes a point that these voices tell you to murder your children (as seen in The New Testament) then be nice enough to check yourself into a mental asylum.
That was in the old testament and i already stated that 99% of it is bullshit to me. If you dont know what your talking about your comments are futile mate

lychnobity

HSC
. My point is, such pressure is exhibited in all faiths, it just depends on where you are.
Buddhist and Hindu faiths don't exhibit this kind of pressure. The faith itself doesn't command its devotees to actively garner more followers.

Their devotion lies within dharma and karma, and have a clear regard for liberty and respecting others as inherent spirits.

But the point of her post wasn't her value of material possessions, but the respect that Christians seem to lack for other people and their beliefs. Frankly, good intentions does not justify the disrepsect shown.

Last edited:

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
i don't value material possessions much at all. are you attacking my morals?

i don't feel it's necessary to have faith to lead a happy, fulfilling life. most of my values, ethics, etc would be close to those of a christian, however, i have no need to have an imaginary friend who gives me strength. i can do it myself thanks.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Do you know the Wiccan and Buddhist faiths that well that you know they dont have any doctrines of that sort?
I know for a fact that Wiccans do not believe in preaching because it interferes with their belief that to be Wiccan is a choice. I know this, because unlike most Christians, I read widely on other beliefs.

Google it for yourself. Wiccans do not preach.

Buddhists preach, but they don't leave pamphlets on your door or annoy you on a Saturday to inform you of the importance of nirvana.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
The preachers are preaching only with good intentions. As you see it as an atheist that religion is evil and polluting our minds. Christians see atheism in the same manner and are merely trying to save your from your ignorance in the same way that you believe Christians should be saved by their (in your view) ignorance. You shouldn't you be frustrated by ones good intentions.

I don't see religion as an evil thing that pollutes minds, people can believe in god if they want to, if it makes you feel good, good for you. However, i do not like having these beliefs forced onto me on a weekly basis, i do not like fear mongering and i do not like being told my life must be complete shit because i don't share someone else's beliefs. I do not go around to christians telling them that their god doesn't really exist and that they must be unhappy because they do not feel the same way i do. Good intentions or not, i have every right to be frustrated with such behavior.

banipal753

HSC
Okay, there are some faiths like Wiccans who dont pressure others, so lets consider scientology and how they stopping John Travolta from leaving the faith through blackmail? why arent people attacking that?

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
Okay, there are some faiths like Wiccans who dont pressure others, so lets consider scientology and how they stopping John Travolta from leaving the faith through blackmail? why arent people attacking that?
because john travolta isn't on this website douchebag.

lychnobity

HSC
In what context are you taking this "attacking Christianity" issue? First, it was this website, then Australia, then internationally, then "people".

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
I don't see religion as an evil thing that pollutes minds, people can believe in god if they want to, if it makes you feel good, good for you. However, i do not like having these beliefs forced onto me on a weekly basis, i do not like fear mongering and i do not like being told my life must be complete shit because i don't share someone else's beliefs. I do not go around to christians telling them that their god doesn't really exist and that they must be unhappy because they do not feel the same way i do. Good intentions or not, i have every right to be frustrated with such behavior.
Deal with it.

Because christianity is a disgusting curse on this world.
I find posts such as the above frustrating, but i'm not about to keep posting about how annoyed i am about it like you have.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

People do, all the time... have you never read a celebrity magazine?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)