Why are atheists on this website always attacking Christianity? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
I agree Cookie182,
Any conversation with 'believers' quickly turns into a disgusting intellectual raping, it leaves you feeling unclean, people of faith should never attempt to articulate their constipated little minds, its just not on.

What I find most disturbing is 'Bored of Studies' commercial partnership with these criminal 'Self study Bible' internet racketeers,
These snake oil pushing creeps pray on credulous high-school aged children, Bored of Studies facilitates it, trading 'lies to children', what is it? 1$ for every newly minted self-hating cultist.
shameful dealings with shameful hucksters, hang your heads and apologize at once.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
stuff u bitch, im probably fucking smarter than u.

evolution is not simple you retard. many people have different opinions of it. just coz u dont agree with my opinion doesnt mean you're right.
Actually, yeah, she is right.

Napstar

Banned
HSC
stuff u bitch, im probably fucking smarter than u.

evolution is not simple you retard. many people have different opinions of it. just coz u dont agree with my opinion doesnt mean you're right.
That's the Christian spirit! Well done!

Evolution isn't a cereal or a t.v show. Lots of morons can have opinions about of it, doesn't mean any of them are right.

But given I know the difference between theory/law/fact/your mums face, it makes me 1000x smarter than you.

But that's irrelevant. Just concede that you are wrong and we can move along.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Also, IMO atheists never lose debates.

The only rational position in the world is probabilistic atheism. Look up the late psychologist Albert Ellis for an interesting perspective.

No other position is respectful and nor should any respect be given to anyone with that belief, other then to their right to self-delusion as being paramount. Without freedom of consciousness, we'd simply have compulsion...hmm do you sniff Christianity? Compulsive love anyone?

Edit: To the devout- I am morally outraged as to how you can support a vile and pernicious celestrial regime, an autocractic, eternal state which removes even our most base elements of humanity- the right to free-thought. Religion prosecutes thought-crime, 24/7...
:( Youve lost all your interesting freshness. Now you just occasionally barge in with parrotted pot-shots and leave.
I no longer feel the need to argue with you, sniper

NewiJapper

HSC
Yea, sorry, chrisitanity sucks balls *its even worse than your own alter wine, seriously whats up with that? it sucks!* Its your own fault from the beginning that your the one being bullied. You christians should of thought about that and the consequences before you wrote your creative writing for journeys aye?

Didn't know they had the HSC in 20BC? Who would of thought...

*Edit. By the way, Religion is one of the tabboo things in a general conversation aswell as politics and sexual orientation, so what give you the right *quoting ComingUpForAir* to intellectually rape us with your religious thoughts and beliefs. Your like a telemarketer. If we dont wanna be apart of your religion then LEAVE US ALONE.

Last edited:

Smile_Time351

HSC
:( Youve lost all your interesting freshness. Now you just occasionally barge in with parrotted pot-shots and leave.
I no longer feel the need to argue with you, sniper
Don't say that; his life will no longer have any purpose! But in all seriousness, you know something's wrong with the world when Iron takes the moral high ground over a potential argument.

That being said, I am forced to concede that this particular side-fight has gone on for far too long. Perhaps we should put the aside back aside and move back to the original topic? Why atheists always "attack" Christians...

The answer in short: Evangelism pisses people off. No one wants to hear "The good news" any more. The only way to hook people in nowadays is to indoctrinate them from childhood. Thus, the solution is effectively counter-evangelism. Fighting fire with water, if you will.

voize

HSC
Things so complex just happen to manifest in complete randomness?

Im sympathetic for that, and i will admit i am guilty of doing so aswell, but my parents (Christians) grew up in Iraq and in school they were forced to learn about Mohamed and the Islamic faith, even though it was the LAST thing they wanted. My point is, such pressure is exhibited in all faiths, it just depends on where you are.
WRONG!! True Buddhists don't enforce religion like its the only thing thats cool in the world, can't make generalized statements without getting shot down. Any way, SOME, not all, but SOME Christians think that their religion is the right one and go around telling everyone else that they're wrong. That's one reason why christians are hated

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
WRONG!! True Buddhists don't enforce religion like its the only thing thats cool in the world, can't make generalized statements without getting shot down. Any way, SOME, not all, but SOME Christians think that their religion is the right one and go around telling everyone else that they're wrong. That's one reason why christians are hated

You seem to be forgetting the theocratic and repressive Buddhist dictatorship that existed in Tibet before 1959, as well as the Buddhist-based government of Sri Lanka who have frequently been accused of discriminating and abusing the rights of the northern Hindu minority, the Tamils.

The simple fact is that there is not a single ideology in the world that exists or has existed at any time in history that does not have at least some blood upon its hands.

weirddivine

HSC
Atheists attack christians much less than Christianity pushes its religion upon everyone else

Kellymaree

HSC
I myself am an atheist, and although i have no belief in any religion whatsoever i do not believe it is fair to judge others on their religion or target other religions. I believe each has their own opinion on everything else, whether it be Holden vs. Ford or whatever it is, and most of the time everyone accepts these sorts of opinions.
I believe that if you're going to have your own opinions, you should allow others to have their also without being judged or targeted.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Don't say that; his life will no longer have any purpose! But in all seriousness, you know something's wrong with the world when Iron takes the moral high ground over a potential argument.

That being said, I am forced to concede that this particular side-fight has gone on for far too long. Perhaps we should put the aside back aside and move back to the original topic? Why atheists always "attack" Christians...

The answer in short: Evangelism pisses people off. No one wants to hear "The good news" any more. The only way to hook people in nowadays is to indoctrinate them from childhood. Thus, the solution is effectively counter-evangelism. Fighting fire with water, if you will.
Imo youve tried this and it has failed/is failing. All rational argument cant help but draft people onto a train of thought that arrives at God. This is why we have 'militant' atheists now - not content anymore to write off the question with a smirk and polite skepticism, but driven by a demonic, bad faith, violent energy to crucify any and all 'believers' they come across in a clawing, undignified attempt to validate their unhappiness and lack of meaning. This is why this thread exists. The reality is that the sun is actually setting on your side, not ours. We're gathering steam and believers who come to accept independently the wisdom which comes from the unique marriage of faith and reason. We are not the ones gloating in our supposed 'enlightenment' and 'intellectual' superiority, but rather we are confronting the human as he is; a falliable and hurting being, seeking the good, the beautiful and the truth

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Imo youve tried this and it has failed/is failing. All rational argument cant help but draft people onto a train of thought that arrives at God. This is why we have 'militant' atheists now - not content anymore to write off the question with a smirk and polite skepticism, but driven by a demonic, bad faith, violent energy to crucify any and all 'believers' they come across in a clawing, undignified attempt to validate their unhappiness and lack of meaning. This is why this thread exists. The reality is that the sun is actually setting on your side, not ours. We're gathering steam and believers who come to accept independently the wisdom which comes from the unique marriage of faith and reason. We are not the ones gloating in our supposed 'enlightenment' and 'intellectual' superiority, but rather we are confronting the human as he is; a falliable and hurting being, seeking the good, the beautiful and the truth
====================================================================
A letter to you on a cassette
'Cause we don't write anymore

Gotta make it up quickly
There's people asleep on the second floor

There's no aphrodisiac like loneliness
Truth beauty and a picture of you

You'll be walking your dog in a few hours
I'll be asleep in my brother's house
You're a thousand miles away
With food between your teeth
Come up for summer I've got a place near the beach
There's room for your dog

Truth beauty and a picture of you
Youth truth beauty fame
boredom and a bottle of pills

You shouldn't leave me alone

HSC
That's the Christian spirit! Well done!

Evolution isn't a cereal or a t.v show. Lots of morons can have opinions about of it, doesn't mean any of them are right.

But given I know the difference between theory/law/fact/your mums face, it makes me 1000x smarter than you.

But that's irrelevant. Just concede that you are wrong and we can move along.
given that i understand that evolution is just a theory and not take it too damn seriously and not proclaim that it is absolute truth, makes me better than you.

and i will never concede that iam wrong, especially to atheists.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
no actually shes not.

you're just supporting her because both of you are pro - atheist.
Uh, no.

Scientifically, she is correct, and that has nothing to do with atheism.

Don't like it? Too bad. Stop doing a science degree.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
given that i understand that evolution is just a theory and not take it too damn seriously and not proclaim that it is absolute truth, makes me better than you.

and i will never concede that iam wrong, especially to atheists.
Because that's totally rational! Yes indeed!

"I don't understand what the word theory means in science, even though I am doing a science degree! Yet I must be right because the people who know better who are telling me I'm wrong are only atheists!"

You are a disgrace to the profession.

HSC
Because that's totally rational! Yes indeed!

"I don't understand what the word theory means in science, even though I am doing a science degree! Yet I must be right because the people who know better who are telling me I'm wrong are only atheists!"

You are a disgrace to the profession.
nope, not a disgrace.

i just know how to better differentiate between my scientific knowledge with with my religious beliefs. iam also able to better blend in / understand science with religion, as in the case with the the teachings of the church and evolution.

but since you are atheist kwayera, this is impossible for you to comprehend and thus also making you unable to understand me.

goodnight.

Last edited:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
nope, not a disgrace.

i just know how to better differentiate between my scientific knowledge with with my religious beliefs. iam also able to better blend in / understand science with religion, as in the case with the the teachings of the church and evolution.

but since you are atheist kwayera, this is impossible for you to comprehend and thus also making you unable to understand me.
Oh lol, because religion has a lot of rational things to say about the scientific method and scientific definitions, right?

YOUR CHURCH HAS NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT IT IS TALKING ABOUT REGARDING EVOLUTION. For fuck's sake, you still think that "theory" means "hunch". Try letting that fly with any biology lecturer in your degree. Go on, I dare you.

And no. It's not impossible for me to comprehend. I probably know more about your religion than you do.

Gordy

HSC
Atheism Vs Christianity is all over the place man, heck, every forum I go on has this debate. I'm an atheist not because of the many remarkable arguments doubting religion but I simply don't feel or believe in this almighty and unseen source of power as many religions see.

I'm not saying that there's no more to life than what we see but our culture says so otherwise with the whole rat race and conformity to become 'successful' and 'rich'. I can see that both sides just have different perspectives on life and achieving happiness; one believes it comes from a unseen and divine source, the other believes it's on earth and we achieve it through our own capabilities.

Despite the differences of beliefs, religions, skin colour and even gender, we all have something in common deep down inside all of us; we're all human and through this commonality I really do believe that the world can live in harmony if we tried as a whole.

I believe happiness is right in front of us, not in faith that there's a higher being promising us 'eternal happiness'. We should prioritise friends, family and reality before religion. We should prioritise what's in front of us than something that's not.

Smile_Time351

HSC
That is a very interesting (and uncharacteristically factual) take on the matter. One that does have, I must concede, a great deal of truth to it... Unfortunately for you (and this is perhaps the only reason why the sun is currently at High Noon, yet to set on either side), is that the vast majority of your 'believers' don't see the situation the way you do. The 'militarism' that atheists seem to be turning to has long exsted on the path of the believer, and humanity has not forgotten. It's the reason why you can't turn on the TV these days without seeing a fundamentalist character as the villain. People have a good racial memory, and things like that are hard to turn away from. Certainly you are right in saying it's on the rise in terms of atheists (and I personally disagree with it), but it's not enough to make the proverbial sun set just yet. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Don't like it? Too bad. Stop doing a science degree.
Well put. The irony is truly staggering...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)