Why are guys so superficial? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Your theory wouldn't work because the contemporary "ideal" female form (read: thin as a rake) seems hardly equipped enough to bear children.

malkin86

HSC
Girls have more muscles in their legs than in their arms, and guys have more muscles in their arms than in their legs.. so she obviously lifts more stuff than he walks. :p

If you can get hold of a print copy of the 30th October 04 New Scientist, it's got a huge feature on body image, smell as a turnon for women, etc... it won't be on the website.

Also, in general, guys are more focussed on looks, and girls are more focussed on smells when meeting potential partners.

Last edited:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
malkin86 said:
Also, in general, guys are more focussed on looks, and girls are more focussed on smells when meeting potential partners.
Arent they more about things being sensual? Like what you sound and smell like?

BabySilver

HSC
jumb said:
Humans still have the same primitive wants as all animals: food, shelter and sex.
2 things there jumb..

1 the first two of These are Needs not wants

2 the third one isn't need by every animal. infact in most animals only the strongest of the species have sex and even then only for reproduction.

humans are one of few animal groups the have sex for recreation (Or as a want) and one of only 3 groups that have hetro sexual non reproductive sex.

malkin86

HSC
Sound is also a factor.. muscly guys (who can protect girls and future kiddies) have deep voices.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
jumb said:
Arent they more about things being sensual? Like what you sound and smell like?
yup. and little sensual details. More women also appreciate chocolate more so than men - sensual/sweet qualities. (But lets not talk about women tasting men...:S)

I want to add as well...

Like eyes and the sudden change of mood in them------- lighting up at the beginning of a waterfight, or at the sight of you....or in contrast when they're laughing at some mates, and then look elsewhere and we have a flash of sincerity. More to do with the look rather than the actual eyes.

You can tell I love men. They're beautiful creatures... some of them anyway

Paroissien

HSC
jumb said:
My theory on looks:

Believe or not, I doubt that we're as advanced as we think. Humans still have the same primitive wants as all animals: food, shelter and sex.

In the animal kingdom, they would pick their mates on physical features. The strongest, or the fastest or whatever. This is because the stronger or better mates are usually the best at breeding and protecting. I think that this physical attraction remains in human, and proves that perhaps guys are less evolved then girls (maybe?). This is why guys like the shape of girls (big hips = good mother), and are generally obsessed with size.

Another theory I have attached to this, is that girls who are sexier, or more attractive, would be more fertile. Of course, I'm not a scientist and there's probably no moral way to work out if this is true, but it'd still be interesting to work out.
I saw that on Catalyst a few weeks back

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
BabySilver said:
2 things there jumb..

1 the first two of These are Needs not wants

2 the third one isn't need by every animal. infact in most animals only the strongest of the species have sex and even then only for reproduction.

humans are one of few animal groups the have sex for recreation (Or as a want) and one of only 3 groups that have hetro sexual non reproductive sex.
Sorry, I meant needs.

Aren't dolphins the other ones?

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Depends whether he was sounding serious or not...i mean i joke about some girls being chubby...but then i top it off by saying chubby is somewhat cute too...

if they're damn serious...then they are people who masturbate every freaken moment cause they haven't got a girl and no girl would appreciate them

hbk_ace

your all F**k Liars
people in general are superficial, so girls are equally as superficial as guys.

when i look at myself, i see some one superficial as much as i dont wan to be.
u may say someone who just go for a girl that is hot is superficial, well i actually think im worse

i go for looks and personality, that just make things alot more harder and more superficial, but ppl eventually lower their standard to meet the supply hahaha

Yarg

HSC
yeah jumb, Dolphins are the only other animal that has sex for recreation/fun/enjoyment, as well as for procreation.

malkin86

HSC
I thought all or most of the monkey-type creatures had sex just for fun too..

BabySilver

HSC
Yarg said:
yeah jumb, Dolphins are the only other animal that has sex for recreation/fun/enjoyment, as well as for procreation.
WRONG! Monkey do it, and several species have homsexual sex for recreation.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
BabySilver said:
WRONG! Monkey do it, and several species have homsexual sex for recreation.
Wikipedia
It is said that dolphins, bonobos, and humans are the only animals that have sex for pleasure.
http://www.phatnav.com/wiki/index.php?title=Sexual_intercourse

Bonobo: The Bonobo (Pan paniscus), sometimes called the "pygmy chimpanzee", is one of the two species comprising the genus Pan; both members of that genus are technically "chimpanzees", though the term is frequently used to refer only to the other member of the genus, Pan troglodytes, the Common Chimpanzee. To avoid confusion, this article will use "chimpanzee" only to refer to both members of the genus.
http://www.phatnav.com/wiki/index.php?title=Bonobo

So not monkeys, just one advanced chimp.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
BabySilver said:
you gonna belive that or several animal planet documentries

PLUS mya i quote ...

To me.. that doesn't make it a fact.
mate, i've seen documentaries too and i concluded the same. I can't exactly show the documentary to you all can I! I just needed to site evidence.

I seem more credible than you at the moment :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)