• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Why are many teen girls afraid to have sex? (1 Viewer)

sdcloud69

Banned
HSC
all bitches are sluts deep down, some just don't know it yet.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Well basically the fact is that if anything goes wrong, WE'RE THE ONES that have to deal with the pregnancy/abortion etc.

XPac2

HSC
Well i think they should be afraid cos teenage guys are dicks.

XPac2

HSC
lol NO! But its true, girls have more to wory aout with sex than guys do. The most we really worry about is wether or not itll burn next time we piss.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
There is an objective answer. Evolutionary psychology explains it like this: (These 'fears' are not conscious- you are not aware of why these feelings occur, they occur within your subconscious)

Contraception has not always been around (last 60 yrs etc). For the last 100 000 years, having sex pretty much meant having a kid. If you fuck a guy who isn't committed to 'sticking around', your ability to survive was virtually zero (women pretty much needed men in those days- work/bring food etc). So from an anthropological perspective, women have evolved with this fear of sex- not the act in itself, but the fear of the guy not committing. I like to deem this "last minute resistance" (LMR). The way to combat it guys is to demonstrate from early on that you will be there for the girl basically, show that she occupies some of your thoughts- a simple "Hey I was thinking about you today...blah blah" over the course of your courtship (dating) period should do the trick. That's of course if you want to sleep around. Additionally, guys find it hard to imagine, but from a subconscious perspective, imagine sleeping with someone who could physically kill you? This sounds ridiculous, but men being much physically stronger can be a threat to a women's survival if he was to go crazy (this is more an evolved fear as opposed to today's society with laws etc).

Anyway, on the flip side guys fear approaching women (lets face it, even if your a "natural", most guys get that anxiety feeling before approaching a random attractive women). Why? This is an evolutionary fear as well. Back when we lived in tribes of 50-150 ppl, if you approached the wrong girl (as in one preselected by the tribal leader) you would be effectively killed or exiled- which meant, you would not go on to spread your genes or mate (you'd also never have sex again- a huge desire for all males). So, our emotional circuitry has once again evolved over this time period to give us a hardwired fear- one which although not as relevant today (with 6 billion ppl in the world, way less scarcity), it is still there in order to protect our survival.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Largely because society and religion has drummed into them since day 1 that sex is dirty and wrong.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Largely because society and religion has drummed into them since day 1 that sex is dirty and wrong.
I wanted a way to explain what I felt, and this is what I wanted to say haha
AGREED.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
not in the slightest

female choice has been around a few hundred million years longer than "TEH MEDIA", lol
But society portrays teenage sex as something that is wrong, so it gets imprinted into your brain that its bad and dirty (whilst a teenager)

A few hundred million years ago the dinosaurs were fucking on the earth, not humans.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Will Shakespeare is correct, I already answered it above.

end thread.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
so you think humans are the only species in which females are more particular about who they sleep with and males try to sleep with as many as possible?

lol, actually it's way older than the dinosaurs as well, it's been this way ever since 2 distinct types of gametes evolved... roughly a billion year ago

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)