WHY are you doing RE? (1 Viewer)

Firnovvwen

HSC
Well, I did this subject for a reason...I wanted to find out about religion? I was interested, found out it was hard and regretted it.

supergirl

HSC
I needed another 1 unit to go with Extension English 1, and it seemed really interesting.
It has its ups and downs, that's for sure...

Highly_Nrgetik

HSC
it looked like there was more reward in SOR rather than Catholic Studies

i think i will drop to Catholic Studies next term though.... it's too time consuming for a 1 unit subject

mevan007

HSC
well, im at a catholic school, so its compulsory, but the 2Unit course looked much more interesting, so im doing that

craziebeautiful

Well when i was at my old school, it was anglican and they make you do Bible Studies! now im at a catholic school and im like thank god for religion!
though im not very good at it so i miss the times when the exam questions for bible studies were like refer to this passage in the bible (and you got to take the bible into the exam with u ;) ) lol

HSC
N/A
Well, I go to a Catholic school where it is compulsory, but I would have picked it even if we didn't have to.

I do SOR II and absolutely love it :D

It's the most interesting, stimulating subject.... and apparently the atmosphere in our 2U classes are so much better than that in 1U classes - because the students in 1U at my school mostly don't really like religion, so took the least amount possible. They spend a lot of the time mucking around, because they don't think it'll count in their UAI, or think it matters. :rolleyes:

exa_boi87

aka biomic
HSC
Yep, made that mistake .. 1u RE is really so simple but too much bludging has led to a poor rank, meaning thats one less unit to play with for the UAI

Danoz The Great

HSC
It's compulsory at my school.

My school stopped teaching Religious Studies when the 'new' HSC started because they saw how better marks/UAI's the SOR students were getting over the RS students.
At first, SOR was only compulsory up until year 12 where you could change to RS. But now it's compulsory for both years 11 and 12.

We can choose from 1 or 2 unit, not many Catholic Schools are given that choice. But I now wish I did 2u, so I could have 10 units instead of 11 - so then I can drop Biology!

Last edited:

=slade=

HSC
i had to cos of catholic school, but its one of my best subjects cos its so easy n marks arent hard to get...i dont mind it but i dont think i would have chosen it had i been given the option

LostAuzzie

HSC
Had I been given the choice I would not have chosen it either (I was also foced to by my Catholic School). The up side to it all I guess is that the majority of my year hated it hence it was easy to get a high rank.

HSC
N/A
Errrgh I hate how so many people say they were "forced" to do SOR.

Makes it sound like your school held guns at your head or something :rolleyes:

yook

HSC
wwell its part of the contract in my school.. either sor or cath studies..
u cant not do it

rachael230

it is 'forced'. we either had to do SOR or get out of the school. it was in the contract thingy when we started in year 7 that we had to do religion for the hsc. so nah :p
that said, i quite like it. bit scared at the moment tho coz im really not looking forward to writing so much, especially after yesterday. i feel so sorry for the legal studies ppl who also do 2u SOR

wick3d_aussie

It started off cuz i had to... and to get my cumpolsary 12 units in yr 11 i ended up doin SOR II... but turned out to be my favourite subject, i find it really interesting. Plus, probably the easiest marks in the world hehehe... silly silly ppl who dont take it seriously... :rolleyes:

Ice man

HSC
i was made to do it, u hv to do it or not go to the school. Im good at ancient history and english, which are similiar to SOR. But i cant for the life of me raise a interest in it. Its to much politics and catholic believes in my opinion. Its like they tell us how and what to think, rather then just giving the facts.

sNiPeR_24

Fo' shizzle
HSC
I was forced to do at least 1 unit SOR by my Catholic school so I'm doing SOR1 because of that. I found some parts of the course were interesting, like Judaism for example, but others just annoyed me.

As others have said, it's easy marks and scales quite well for a 1 unit non-extension subject if you try at it!

no_one

HSC
Well personally, I'm also forced to do it as well...seeing as I go to a Catholic school...

I guess on the positive side, I'm having no real problems with my ISP besides the word limit - Religion and Non-Religion seems to be the only thing worth doing in the entire course...and unfortunately, its just one assignment....

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)