Why can't you leave in last 30 mins? (1 Viewer)

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
I've been thinking and asking the same question to myself. Why can't I leave an examination in the last 30 minutes if I've finished and I've checked my work numerous times and feel ready to hand in?

Is there logic behind it?

Kulazzi

HSC
well obviously, the no 1 factor is that you don't disturb other student while they're still working with their heads down, and also they might think that you may cheat in some way or another if you go outside early......I dunno!

washedup_artist

yeah i get totally pissed off and nervy when i see everyone else leaving

i feel really slow and a failure even though i'm stil;l writing to get bettter marks

why do some people even turn up if they only stay for like 30 minutes?

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
at our school we cant leave at all .. it is quite annoying considering i finished ext maths 1 hour early ( well didnt finish, but could do no more!)

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
an hour early!!! God Lord you couldn't have got the best mark in the class :confused:

we cant leave at all which is good because I need all the time I can get in an exam. I'm generally better in english under exam conditions and generally worse at everything else... :\ Dunno how that words XD

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
the reason why you cant enter/leave in certain time periods is that they believe you will disturb the other students that are supposedly hard at work.

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
haha - i know ( i am intending to drop it, it is one of my worst subs) + the test was extremely hard. all the prospective 4 unit studenmts struggled.
i will inform you of my mark when i get it! i bet like 100 dollars it will be less than 50% .. oh wells

yeah i am fairly good in english in exm conditions .. you think it would be hard coz of the essays and stuff but no

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
hipsta_jess said:
the reason why you cant enter/leave in certain time periods is that they believe you will disturb the other students that are supposedly hard at work.

our school, although not allowing students to leave an exam early at any time due to the distrubance, hold to exams in the hall, at the same time. starting at the same time, one being 1.5 hours in length, and the other 2 hours. that causes alot of distractions, with 49 people leaving half an hour early and scraping chairs etc

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
At least you're not as bad as what i have to do.

I finished my easier than usual Physics exam with 50 minutes to spare only to be sent back to my seat.
You see my Deputy principal wants to tell everyone to still wear uniforms to exams, since like everyone just wore mufti to exams. She went and talk bla..bla..bla.. but what's even more stupid is she came in the last day of the exam. I think that's stupid to complain on the last day, why couldn't she said so before exams are started.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
yeah, as a rule we have to wear uniforms for our year 11 exams.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
we had to wear uniforms to every exams, apart from the HSC exams (we'd already graduated)

taxman

make poverty
HSC
I was the last person in my exam hall for my Chemistry exam. It was really distracting because the supervising teachers didn't follow the 1/2 hour rule and people were leaving while I was trying to balance the FUCKING EQUATION which I got wrong in the first place. It was awful...since I was going so well, I was on a roll and thene everybody started leaving, scraping their chairs, sighing in relieve, laughing...it made me insanely angry.

lala2

Banned
HSC
It was the same with me...we had the General and 2 Unit maths papers being held at the same time so it was soooo distracting bcos the general people finished like a half hour earlier...maybe one of the several reasons why I didn't do so well as my 3U exam (it was just the one exam in the hall at that time for 3U)

Luckily I wasn't one of my unlucky classmates who did Eco because they had like two other exams going on at the same time that finished earlier (T+D finished an hour earlier, and Ag a half hour earlier, and the afternoon bell was scheduled to ring just before the end of the Eco exam so extra distraction...)

G

Gavvvvvin

Well its not as bad as our school. On the day of our test, the school locked up this stray dog in this cage right next to the hall we were doing our test (our school locks up stray dogs for some reason) and the stupid fucking thing was barking none stop for like the first hour of the exam.

Also, it is guarenteed that in everyone of our exams a bird will sit on the edge of those air vent things and start chirping none stop! :vcross:

elissa

Water xXx
HSC
U cant leave coz its unfair. Its disturbs other people working. I had an extra 1/2 hr doing my economics exam today - because it went for 2 1/2hrs (the rest went fro only 2hrs).
When people were leaving they were talking, and chairs were scraping etc. That annoyed me and I couldnt concentrate writing the essay. I had to wait until they left. :(

fm elissa

HellVeN

Banned
HSC
_DeathlessOne_ said:
Well its not as bad as our school. On the day of our test, the school locked up this stray dog in this cage right next to the hall we were doing our test (our school locks up stray dogs for some reason) and the stupid fucking thing was barking none stop for like the first hour of the exam.

Also, it is guarenteed that in everyone of our exams a bird will sit on the edge of those air vent things and start chirping none stop! :vcross:
Try having the FUCKING school band in the room next to the hall during the 3U maths exam. DRUMS RAAAA!

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
you can leave in hsc exams...
i heard som ppl left the general maths exam after 30 mins, cause they thought it was too hard

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)