Why did Freud Abandon his Seduction theory? (1 Viewer)

eyestodiefor

HSC
Anyone who knows anything about sociology or philosophy - I would be more than greatful to hear your thoughts/views/interpretations of the occurence surrounding Freuds abandoning his Seduction Theory.

I want to look at the controversy surrounding him abanonding it and the surrounding circumstances etc so views, any subliminal type interpretations would be awesome.

Thanks
Kaitlin
GRC Oatley Snr

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Maybe he read over his Oedipus and Electra Complex notes?

His theories are so creepy and weird...everything you have ever done is because you have a crush on your parents!

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

Looked it up online, looks like he dismissed it as insufficient.

Not sure what this has to do with HSC historiography, though. 'Why did so-and-so' is generally not a good MW question unless it's thematically large, eg 'Why the hell did Alexander go to India?'. That's a very well-documented/discussed question and has many historical nuances to it.

eyestodiefor

HSC
fair enough to that its not a good MW question - any other ideas based around philosophy or philosophers? theyre my main interest - history in itself doesnt particularly phase me to be honest.

Thanks !

Kaitlin

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
eyestodiefor said:
fair enough to that its not a good MW question - any other ideas based around philosophy or philosophers? theyre my main interest - history in itself doesnt particularly phase me to be honest.

Thanks !

Kaitlin
Could you analyse a historical debate from different schools of thought integrating philisophers as a source?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)