why did the 2009 uai cut off thread get closed (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

i told ya!!! no dfee = less places but same demand = higher uai entry..
Who said there are less places? Some universities offered significantly more as they wanted to keep the total number of enrolments about equal.

EBHSTrooper

b0red Member
HSC
Who said there are less places? Some universities offered significantly more as they wanted to keep the total number of enrolments about equal.
Yeah, the DFEE positions are now available through CSP (i think its csp atleast...) so yeah, uai cutoffs would have gone down. (Unless ofcourse more people with higher UAI's applied to the course)

And ignore "pittb" the guy's a troll and has been banned, you can see if you look at his past posts...

ademayd

HSC
do the offers thats printed in the newspapers, use student names or numbers???

X

xeuyrawp

Yeah, the DFEE positions are now available through CSP (i think its csp atleast...)
No? Some university courses have the same intake numbers as their 2008 CSP places.

It's completely up to the univeristy.

SafsSoran

HSC
No? Some university courses have the same intake numbers as their 2008 CSP places.

It's completely up to the univeristy.
Actually its up to the government as it is the government who fund the CSP places. So all have the same intake still unless the government has decided to give the courses more funding which they haven't. I asked my mum about this the other day and that is what she said, she works in admissions at a university. Its very expensive for the Governmern to open more CSP places so they only do it if there is an incrediably high demand for it.

lionking1191

HSC
Actually its up to the government as it is the government who fund the CSP places. So all have the same intake still unless the government has decided to give the courses more funding which they haven't. I asked my mum about this the other day and that is what she said, she works in admissions at a university. Its very expensive for the Governmern to open more CSP places so they only do it if there is an incrediably high demand for it.
bring back whitlam :santa:

DaGizza

HSC
Not all DFEE places were converted into CSP. There's a Sydney Morning Herald article on this topic that says there are overall 5000 less spots in Uni this year. (from about 60000 to 55000). This is probably why not all UAI cut-offs dropped and some in fact went up.

lionking1191

HSC
Not all DFEE places were converted into CSP. There's a Sydney Morning Herald article on this topic that says there are overall 5000 less spots in Uni this year. (from about 60000 to 55000). This is probably why not all UAI cut-offs dropped and some in fact went up.
most seemd to have gone up

X

xeuyrawp

Er... The universities are in charge of how many places there are in each course. 'The government' can't come along and tell UNE that they're now going to accept 9000 people into their BA course. :-/ You're mum's probably referring to the fact that it can be pretty strict when unis want to drastically increase/decrease course numbers, mess around with course content (thus making courses more expensive), etc etc. Outside of that, it's up to the individual university.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaGizza

HSC
Oh and another reason why a lot of courses have gone up is that more unis and more faculties have implemented the bonus-point system. I know this is Macquarie's first year for all business/com/finance/eco degrees.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Can someone NOT private message me a link to a file that is NOT the UAC cut-offs?

Will NOT trade rep.

HSC
ah yes the almighty 'government'

Scone70

HSC
When does the list get officially published? Someone pm me it if you can!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)