why did the nazi state collapse??? (1 Viewer)

jill4

i desperately need to know why the nazi state collapsed! It would be a great help if someone could help me or point me in the right direction thanks heaps

rama_v

HSC
some believe that the Nazi state's strcuture itslef woudl lead it to collapse, other argue that itswas the defeats in war, so if u look up "why did germany lose world war two" you can get part of the answer.

blacmajic

HSC
N/A
yeah, i think cause they lost the war, they werent strong enough (well they were, Hitler was just an idiot- for more reasons than one!!!)

Carlz135

HSC
Structuralists would say the party crumbled on inside...look at the problems amongst Hitler's ministers, duplicating roles etc.
Look at the possibility of if not for Speer, prolong war/crumble earlier
Others say without Hitler, no charismatic leader meant Nazi's could not go on. Allies had upper hand in war by then because Nazi support turning

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Germany did not lose the war because of Allied superiority of economies and armed forces, but because the Allies could mobilise their economies, armed forces and maintain moral support. Other factors that influenced Germany’s defeat include: Hitler’s failure to adjust Germany for Total War; the nature of German military and government internal structures; the eventual Allied control of the seas and air; Soviet and US arms production; the Allied success and Nazi Germany’s failure to maintain wartime morale; and the importance of leadership.

KarmaKitten

HSC
Lack of organisation within the Nazi party, Hitler had purged the army, and most of the top leaders had been removed
also Hitler's clinging to ideology such as the final solution undermined their effort

some historians would argue that without hitler, the nazi state itself could not function, so once he commited suicide, the nazi state collapsed
its better to include both arguments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)