why did u guys chose ext2 (1 Viewer)

Over97

Banned
y0,

im considering doing 4 u maths, please give me the good and bad sides of doing this subject

and btw, for those of u doing 4u maths, what english do u do?

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
OK, I did 4U maths and 3U english in 2002.

Good sides:
- Better equipped for Science/Engineering courses at uni
- Intresting
- 3U Maths is worth the effort you put inot if you do 4U

Bad sides:
- Lots of work
- Harder

Only do it if you enjoy maths ...

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Over97
y0,

im considering doing 4 u maths, please give me the good and bad sides of doing this subject

and btw, for those of u doing 4u maths, what english do u do?
yeah, for 4u most of the work u do is like at home....its also harder and more challenging but at the same time rewarding as it gets scaled better and it gives u an edge in 3u. yeah, also i am doin' 2u advanced english....but i am going to fail it...:( and i hope that 4u can comphensate for my english.;)

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
me do standard english y0~

I chose it because i knew it was going to be hard and i was an elitist asshole before y0~

It is hard y0~, but you can always manage it off with hard work y0~

gl hf y0~

Over97

Banned
so what should i do

4u maths + A eng
or
4u maths + S eng

im not the best, im going just below average.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
so what should i do

4u maths + A eng
or
4u maths + S eng

im not the best, im going just below average.
if your in year 10 choosing for yr. 11 then just do advanced english and then drop down to standard if u go really bad...

ricenoodles

HSC
My main reason for choosing Ext2 was coz of its superior scaling. Plus i have more of a maths brain than an english one. I do advanced eng and i recommend u do that too...coz u can always drop it at the end of yr 11 to standard.

Over97

Banned
im in yr 11 atm pplz, i have to decide within a few weeks whther to drop AENG or not, my english is below, WAAAY below average.

but i think i can get better by next year, the problem is, im not so sure if 4U maths will allow time for it.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
im in yr 11 atm pplz, i have to decide within a few weeks whther to drop AENG or not, my english is below, WAAAY below average.

but i think i can get better by next year, the problem is, im not so sure if 4U maths will allow time for it.
yep, in that case stick with advanced...u will find time for 4u and eng. advanced...i mean mclake did 3u english!:D

ricenoodles

HSC
hmm...well last yr i was ranked like 50 out of 70 ppl in advanced english and i still kept it. This yr i worked on it more...and ranking is now in the 20's. I dont spend that much time on english because i think 4u deserves some of that english studying time...well thats only for me.

If ur doing well in 3unit...and u enjoy or are good at maths, then 4u wouldnt be a bad idea. You can try it out for a few weeks..and if u dont like it...u can always drop it

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
If you do 4u you can be pretty sure that it will help with your 3u maths. Combine it with Advanced English and you have a very high scaling combo right there.

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
If you do standard english, no-one in this forum will be able to help you with things. In case you don't know, at most times (except at peak-hours, e.g after trials etc), hardly anyone visit the forum. So this means the only help you can get is from teachers.

English advanced seems different however. So you have teachers and bos as backup.

Oh and doing 4unit is recommended since maths ext2 forum is real good for helps :)

good luck

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by underthesun

Oh and doing 4unit is recommended since maths ext2 forum is real good for helps :)
:)

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
i do ext 2 maths and adv english.. our english teachers INSISTED we all not do standard since we;re in selective.. now that i'm moving.. the loswet offfered it adv.. and i'm glad i chose it :)
4 unit maths is a hell of a lot of work..you need to devote time to yourself and reguarly revising and doing excercises...its a pain in the ass but its really interesting :)

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
Yes. I agree. 4u maths takes a lot of time to learn and get familiar with the style of the question where as in 3u you have the span of 2 years to cover the work. By doing 4u it gives you an understanding of concepts that you can sort of bring into the real world e.g. Cars driving on banked tracks.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by deyveed
... By doing 4u it gives you an understanding of concepts that you can sort of bring into the real world e.g. Cars driving on banked tracks.
nope, i don't agree with u on that one...:p

nerdd

i think english is pathetic. i do advanced.. you can't tell what you did right when you get a good mark, and you can't tell what you did wrong when you get a bad mark.

the only hard part about 4 unit is that there's a lot of independent learning (or working with a friend via phone!) due to only a few lessons a cycle.

that's my advice.

I recommend you try it because it does help you with 3 unit!

and i'd be lying if i didn't say the very favourable scaling didn't have anything to do with it :D

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by nerdd
i think english is pathetic. i do advanced.. you can't tell what you did right when you get a good mark, and you can't tell what you did wrong when you get a bad mark.

the only hard part about 4 unit is that there's a lot of independent learning (or working with a friend via phone!) due to only a few lessons a cycle.

yeah, i agree with english-its plain crap.:chainsaw:

anyway, yeah, its very important that ur an indepedent learner to do 4u, in my school we only get 2hours per week of classes.

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
Originally posted by deyveed
By doing 4u it gives you an understanding of concepts that you can sort of bring into the real world e.g. Cars driving on banked tracks.
Yeah, if you have time writing all the equations while you're driving :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)