Why did you choose legal studies? (1 Viewer)

findx

HSC
I never ever studies for biology and I'm rank 1 at my school, I study the day before the test by simply reading the textbook but now I'm dropping biology/it will not count for me :) anyway, I think everyone has his own opinion, I used to enjoy history 10 but I always enjoyed science and maths more than everything else because everything is logical and makes sense here. Don't hate on me guys, that's just what I think. I was gonna do economics instead of biology but thought I'd keep everything with in the maths/science fields...
Why drop it when you dont study for it and coming 1st? Doesnt make much sense.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Workplace seems a bit boring... Consumers would be a much better choice.

Prazo1994

HSC
Legal was probably one of the few subjects I had an interest in hahaha,
Although you have to memorise a shitload, its pretty interesting though :)
Wonder how law in uni would be? even more memorisation i'm guessing :p

hazza1424

HSC
Legal was probably one of the few subjects I had an interest in hahaha,
Although you have to memorise a shitload, its pretty interesting though :)
Wonder how law in uni would be? even more memorisation i'm guessing :p
according my teacher in uni for law there isnt as much memorising because they dont need to know if u can memorise, they want to see if u can interpret the stuff properly. so usually in their exams there allowed to take their resources in with them! :)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well, before they changed the syllabus - I took it because I had an interest in it.

IMO means in my opinion so in my opinion I think the legal system is full of bullshit so why would some one spend 2 years at school studying it, I personally find it boring to sit there memorising complete bull shit, I did SOG1 for year 11 and it was painful, I hated it so I dropped it to pick Ex2 Maths, I just don't like social sciences.
:)
You're making the mistake that "oh, i'm doing this subject for the hsc so i can get a good mark"

Most people here, including myself, took the subject because we liked it or were interested in it - so good marks were irrelevant, we're just happy to learn about stuff relevant to us.

Personally, I liked the Family Law option, Consumer Law option and the Crime component (well, then again - who didn't like the crime module?)

Myans

HSC
Family + World Order

Took the subject on because of family recommendations, have not regretted it one bit. Personally, it's my favourite subject for the HSC

HSC
Uni Grad
I chose legal studies because I initially wanted to learn more about the law, but then as the course went through I realized it was easy marks and an interesting subject too. So it went better than expected :)

Plus I had a really good teacher too.

Anyhow, I did family and world order. I didn't even touch world order, just wrote up essays to practice. I knew I could use my crime and human rights stuff for world order and family. :)

alyssa21

HSC
N/A
Legal has the potential to be an interesting course- personally, I don't really like it seeing as it's essentially just a lot of memorisation, but the content has the potential to be interesting. I've heard that you really dont need the subject to do Law at Uni, so if you're choosing it simply because of that, I've heard it's not a wise choice! (Coming from my teachers) And Yr11 content is pretty dry, Yr12 definitely gets much better with Human Rights etc.
My school studies World Order and Indigenous Peoples are our depth studies which I find super-interesting as they have a lot of social relevance.

In terms of why to study Legal above other subjects, it's not as conceptually challenging as other Humanities (especially the Histories) and you can breeze through the course relatively easily, although you definitely need to remain motivated and on top of notes, cases, and the media.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)