Why did you choose your degree / uni (1 Viewer)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Jess, I don't mean to offend you but I've noticed you like quoting that fact. However, it seems that only the people who live in or near Newcastle actually care. As you well know I live in Perth now and make at least three jokes each day about how Perth is really just a big country town with an airport, but nobody takes it seriously. They've got the hang of it.

Besides, Perth is prettier than Newcastle.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I chose B Music (Composition) @ the Sydney Con because

- I've always written music

- I developed on this in Music Extension and Music 2, putting writing to sound, which was an incredible feeling

- For years I've been sneaking over to ACCESS at the con with a friend and the atmosphere is beautiful. To be around people that are as passionate and musically aware as you is an amazing feeling

- Because apparently I have a flair in it

- I can't imagine myself doing anything else.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Oh yeah I just realised - just because Newcastle is a CITY, it's not suddenly important. My area in Sydney is also a CITY (in fact, it's the fastest growing CITY in the country) but I don't see anyone declaring their Blacktown Pride. :p

LazyBoy

HSC
I think city universities are called city universities because they are all in "the city" well with the exeption of club mac and UWS. But they are both in the metro area, and therefore not hours away from the central population of NSW.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
So Newcastle is some microscopic little hicksville purely because we (the city in general, not just our uni) aren't in Sydney?

LazyBoy

HSC
actually im not insulting it. It sounds like a good university. Its just a shame its too far from the central population of nsw.

Rory

HSC
Chose my course because it's something I'm interested in doing. Chose Canberra because.. well.. fucked if I was gonna stick around in Newcastle, refused to go to Sydney so Canberra seemed like the next obvious choice.

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
I chose the uni of Wollongong because it had my course, the only other uni I could find that has B creative arts (creative writing) was Macquarie, and Wollongong is meant to be way better at it. So I chose Wollongong.

HerO

Banned
69 Penis Avenue, Dickton Pussyville 6969.
HSC
natstar said:
Eco tourism, as far as Im concerned is exacly what it says. Eco- as in environmental tourism.

I chose my course becuase I am interested in marketing. I am interested in things like socioloy and anthroppology, but marketing has more employment, and pays very well. I chose my UWS, becuase it is the only NSW uni that offers a singular degree in marketing, rather than B Commerce, B Business etc. It is also not straight marketing. It allows you to choose electives from any disipline you like. This enables the student to take a sub major, or tailor the degree to their specifics. For eg, I want to go into Hospitality/Tourism marketing. I want to hopefully go back home or somewhere around my home town to do somehting along the lines of this. So I chose electives this year like Intro to Hospitality and Tourism, Tourism trends and Hospitality marketing, as well as doing my compulsory marketing units. No other uni lets you do this to this specific level.
Kool, but UWS aint the only Uni in NSW that offers a named Marketing degree. At Macquarie there's a Bcommerce-Marketing degree. If u had noticed, maybe u would've went 2 Mac instead? ;)

mishka

HSC
N/A
i chose to do B Ed because i want to be a primary school teacher :p

i chose ACU because:
* i've heard it has the best facilities for education,
* it is a national university,
* i get a qualification to teach in catholic schools,
* i'm in a school in TWO WEEKS, and
* they have the biggest education faculty in Australia.

believe me, i researched all the education courses and i liked this one the best out of all the unis i looked at. :)

LazyBoy

HSC
i was thinking of doing education, and if i did it would be at that uni. Its very good.
Btw i like your name bear.

LazyBoy

HSC
HerO said:
Kool, but UWS aint the only Uni in NSW that offers a named Marketing degree. At Macquarie there's a Bcommerce-Marketing degree. If u had noticed, maybe u would've went 2 Mac instead? ;)
hey its my job to be stiring the pot around here :p ;)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Lexicographer said:
Haha Macquarie is like a big high school/TAFE. So much dirt and cement.
Eww.
I don't think I could handle that...I don't think we have any dirt, everything is covered by grass or plants, and the only concrete really is for our buildings, paths, roads, and the odd courtyard

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
i choose my degree because i was being realistic with my uai and i got accepted in the end- thats about it... no life long ambitions like some people

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)